INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angelica's Restaurant -YUM

+3
johninajijic
RoofBob
gringal
7 posters

Go down

Angelica's Restaurant -YUM Empty Angelica's Restaurant -YUM

Post by gringal Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:03 pm

We had Angelica's Pesto Crudo with Camarones for lunch. Mamma Mia! Huge prawns, big serving with fresh pasta and herbs. 75 pesos.
If you haven't enjoyed this dish.........you're missing out on a real treat! cheers

For anyone who doesn't know the location: across the side street to the west of Panino's. Plenty of parking.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Angelica's Restaurant -YUM Empty Re: Angelica's Restaurant -YUM

Post by RoofBob Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Whenever we go to Angelica's for lunch there are only one or three people at other tables which is a surprise as her food is of such high quality. Nice lady, bet a swarm would really help her out.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:32 pm

RoofBob wrote:Whenever we go to Angelica's for lunch there are only one or three people at other tables which is a surprise as her food is of such high quality. Nice lady, bet a swarm would really help her out.

Do it as Pedro and Angelica are really nice people, excellent cooks and have excellent dinners at very reasonable prices. The Pesto Crudo is a favorite of one of our friends who goes there. He also makes his own sausages and Ravioli. His Ravioli is excellent. He sells his own red sauce and pesto sauce too.

You may or may not remember, but Pedro had the restaurant called La Traviata a long ways back before Roberto's took over in Roberto's present space.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Pesto Crudo with pappardelle is what I've always ordered there. One of my favorite places lakeside. Not open on Saturdays or Sundays, though.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Pesto Crudo with pappardelle is what I've always ordered there. One of my favorite places lakeside. Not open on Saturdays or Sundays, though.

And only open from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM weekdays.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:57 pm

I think they have about 8 tables of four, so a swarm would work there, and they could probably use the business. When we were there, we saw about 6 other people over the hour.

Their spinach or carne raviolis, boxed to go, are nice to have in your freezer and the to-go sauces are excellent.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Not a huge Menu... but the food is good

We thought we might try the Take Out... pasta is a Comfy Food
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 am

There's a starter salad, not the Caesar I think they call it the Angelica, that's really good, too. Romaine, apple slices, a little sprinkled blue cheese (or feta?), and pecans with a really nice dressing. Way better than the Caesar there.

The waitress is an absolute delight as well.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 am

[quote="Rosa Venus"]There's a starter salad, not the Caesar I think they call it the Angelica, that's really good, too. Romaine, apple slices, a little sprinkled blue cheese (or feta?), and pecans with a really nice dressing. Way better than the Caesar there.

Angelica´s salad with romaine, apple slices,pecans and shrimp with sprinklings of cheese and a honey/ vinaigrette dressing is their best dish that I have tried and must be one the best if not the best salad served up by any restaurant at Lakeside. If anyone wants to contest that assertion, let me know as I want to try the salad where you dine.

The pasta dishes we have tried - and we have tried only a few since the Angelica´s Salad is so over-the-top delicious - have been a bit bland but with excellent ingredients. Next time we order the pasta of any kind we´ll have them spice it up for us but I don´t know if I can resist that salad on any visit so don´t depend on me to try the pasta. Go there and do it for yourself. A very good local restaurant.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:05 pm

^^Yep. We never skip that salad. Sometimes we'll split one before moving on to a main course, but one way or the other it's always at least part of the meal.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down