INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Town

+13
binky
steve2542
Rosa Venus
Smartalex
Jim W
Ocelot
viajero
Mainecoons
Zedinmexico
ComputerGuy
angela04101
CanuckBob
hound dog
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ghost Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghost Town

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:32 am

Tango is usually crowded. A decent product for a decent price. But who wants to put up with the DIN from everyone talking. You can't carry on a conversation 6 feet across the table. They jammed more tables in to get more business. Greedy. After OUR experiences they can keep it.

Bruno's and Hacienda Ajijic are actually better.

johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:36 am

No, they jammed more tables in to handle the crowds who love the place. Gringos and Mexicanos alike. Ever been there on a weekend? Standing room only to get in until 9pm or so. And well worth the wait.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:42 am

HelperGuy wrote:No, they jammed more tables in to handle the crowds who love the place. Gringos and Mexicanos alike. Ever been there on a weekend? Standing room only to get in until 9pm or so. And well worth the wait.

If you like the DIN and not carrying on a conversation, that's fine. Their steaks are not as good as Bruno's or Hacienda. I have had chewy Filets there. I would never stand in line for any restaurant here. If they can't be bothered taking our reservation, then they don't want our business. If you're so biased toward Tango, have you tried Bruno's or Hacienda Ajijic? Our Dinner Group goes to both and does not and will not patronize Tango after their attitude toward their customers.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:04 am

johninajijic wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:No, they jammed more tables in to handle the crowds who love the place. Gringos and Mexicanos alike. Ever been there on a weekend? Standing room only to get in until 9pm or so. And well worth the wait.

If you like the DIN and not carrying on a conversation, that's fine. Their steaks are not as good as Bruno's or Hacienda. I have had chewy Filets there. I would never stand in line for any restaurant here. If they can't be bothered taking our reservation, then they don't want our business. If you're so biased toward Tango, have you tried Bruno's or Hacienda Ajijic? Our Dinner Group goes to both and does not and will not patronize Tango after their attitude toward their customers.

Agree with Helper Guy AFTER having tried Bruno's and Hacienda.
Bruno's a close second, Hacienda never again.
This post explains why you are different and a minority, John.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Gotta agree with Slainte. And Hacienda's meals are so unpredictably inconsistent, I rarely go there.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:19 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Gotta agree with Slainte. And Hacienda's meals are so unpredictably inconsistent, I rarely go there.

Only two peoples opinion. Our Dinner Group of 12 totally disagrees with you. None of us have ever had a bad meal at Hacienda and those people did not just order steak. So, who's right 2 people or the majority.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:24 pm

johninajijic wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:Gotta agree with Slainte. And Hacienda's meals are so unpredictably inconsistent, I rarely go there.

Only two peoples opinion. Our Dinner Group of 12 totally disagrees with you. None of us have ever had a bad meal at Hacienda and those people did not just order steak. So, who's right 2 people or the majority.

What majority of who, John? 12 people? Point being........if Hacienda was even 1/4 as popular as Tango, they'd have all the customers they wanted. (Now, Tango is NOT my favorite place........so that's not a factor.) It's just that it seemed odd to hear you declare victory based on so little input. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:25 pm

We two are correct. You've been posting the same opinion for years, first on the other board, now here. I've eaten at all the places many times, and I haven't changed my mind about makes the better steak. Perhaps the problem here is that your taste in steaks differs from ours. Perhaps you should say We/I prefer the steaks at Haciendas, instead of continually blaring that it's better.

I come from a long line of grillers, BBQers, and meat lovers. Apart from the fact that in my opinion the (for example) RibEye at Tango is better, I can also unequivocally blare that anyone who thinks it isn't, doesn't know a good steak when it hits them in the tastebuds. So there.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:26 pm

What little input?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:45 pm

johninajijic wrote:What little input?

On one thread on one board, you counted the "against" group (2 posters), then threw in your dinner group of twelve and declared a victory by majority.

Only two peoples opinion. Our Dinner Group of 12 totally disagrees with you

Based on that..........you declared a "majority"? C'mon John, you can figure better than that.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:54 pm

gringal wrote:

On one thread on one board, you counted the "against" group (2 posters), then threw in your dinner group of twelve and declared a victory by majority.

Based on that..........you declared a "majority"? C'mon John, you can figure better than that.

I guess my thinking was that 12 peoples opinions outweigh 2 peoples opinions. And that's not taking into account how many times those 2 people ate there. We have been eating at Hacienda with our group about 3 times a year since it opened.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Uh.....maybe not...
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:19 pm

johninajijic wrote:
gringal wrote:

I guess my thinking was that 12 peoples opinions outweigh 2 peoples opinions. And that's not taking into account how many times those 2 people ate there. We have been eating at Hacienda with our group about 3 times a year since it opened.

Too bad we can't check the weekly "take" at Tango vs. Hacienda, as I would bet my life that Tango, at least doubles, Hacienda. In business John, money (i.e. customers) talk, BS walks.
Good for them that they have your "12 disciples".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Oh, yeah, no question: Tango always packed, noon and night; Hacienda, aaaah, got a few people there...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:46 pm

The location helps.

IMO, Tango isn't the great bargain it once was and my wife and I agree that when it is busy, it is too crowded and noisy for our taste. So we go there when we know it is a less busy time. Still one of our faves if down a few notches. We like to combine pre-dinner drinks at Tequila Republic with dinner at Tango and walking to all of it.

Hacienda Steak House has never served me a bad steak. They've served me some sides that weren't so hot, I solved that problem by ordering a dinner salad and garlic bread instead of the usual sides. I don't like the Carretera noise there much and the wait staff could use a little training at Tango. We find it OK for the specials.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:11 pm

Interesting. I've had margaritas at Tequila Republic, along with a molcajete. BOTH the drinks and the dinner were the worst I've ever had in all of Mejico.

I think the staff at Tango for the most part are superbly well-trained, far superior to anywhere else I've eaten here.

Geez, I went home for a week a bit ago and the service at even the crumbiest of places was better than most places here.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:21 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Interesting. I've had margaritas at Tequila Republic, along with a molcajete. BOTH the drinks and the dinner were the worst I've ever had in all of Mejico.

I think the staff at Tango for the most part are superbly well-trained, far superior to anywhere else I've eaten here.

Geez, I went home for a week a bit ago and the service at even the crumbiest of places was better than most places here.

Right about that coz the restaurants here are too cheap to train their waiters and many of the waiters are dumb. I believe Tango had good waiters when we went there but so does Hacienda and many others.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Wouldn't know about either of those, HG, since we don't order them. We have a drink there for the enjoyment of being on the Lake. Generally beer or wine.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2