INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am NOT a Food Critic

+4
hockables
CheenaGringo
Jim W
johninajijic
8 posters

Go down

I am NOT a Food Critic Empty I am NOT a Food Critic

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:00 pm

I am NOT a food critic. I specifically state this at the top of my Restaurant list. I say many of you will disagree which you do.

My Restaurant reviews are the opinions of the people in our Dinner Group. They are not modified by me.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

I am NOT a Food Critic Empty Re: I am NOT a Food Critic

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:17 pm

John, this really cracks me up........1st time you've ever posted a comment......and no one is arguing......LMAO.... Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:26 pm

John:

When you first started writing restaurant reviews and publishing your lists, you didn't have the disclaimer and there was very little mention of your BI group having opinions of their own. After a fair amount of flack, you attempted to deflect by providing the disclaimer and included the hearsay opinions of your BI group. Now that terminology has been been corrected to the SEMI group, there is still an issue. It seems to me that you have the right to speak for yourself and maybe your partner but beyond that, you gain no credibility by putting words in other people's mouths and attempting to state that it means more.

We all figured out a long time ago that you know zero about being a restaurant critic and that your food experiences are limited at best!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:07 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John:

When you first started writing restaurant reviews and publishing your lists, you didn't have the disclaimer and there was very little mention of your BI group having opinions of their own. After a fair amount of flack, you attempted to deflect by providing the disclaimer and included the hearsay opinions of your BI group. Now that terminology has been been corrected to the SEMI group, there is still an issue. It seems to me that you have the right to speak for yourself and maybe your partner but beyond that, you gain no credibility by putting words in other people's mouths and attempting to state that it means more.

We all figured out a long time ago that you know zero about being a restaurant critic and that your food experiences are limited at best!

Sheeesh... tough crowd Blackeye

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:47 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John:

That disclaimer has been there for as long as I can remember. I don't have to use it either. Everyone has their own opinions of restaurants. Some peopl e aren't as fussy and will eat crap on a plate if served to them. Our group is fussy. We won't accept anything not properly cooked as ordered, but very few meals get sent back.

And as usual. you are LYING by saying that I put words in other peoples mouths. You do that NOT I. They tell me if they like their experience or not and I post exactly what they say.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 am

In acknowledgement of John's new found fame, Tommy Bahama has just released a John model. This special silk t-shirt was specially designed with just the right cut to show off man's finest physical features while making a statement:

[img]I am NOT a Food Critic T10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:19 am

CheenaGringo wrote:In acknowledgement of John's new found fame, Tommy Bahama has just released a John model. This special silk t-shirt was specially designed with just the right cut to show off man's finest physical features while making a statement:

[img]I am NOT a Food Critic T10[/img]

Sorry CG. I doubt believe Tommy Bahama would produce a shirt that looks like a piece of crap like the one you posted. They wouldn't lower their standards. I wear "high quality" Tommy Bahama shirts thanks to a very good friend who gave them to me after her husband passed away.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 am

In defense of food critics:

Everybody eats, so everybody is a food critic.

Some folks eat raw ground meat and rave.
Some eat slimy little raw crustaceans and jump with joy.
Some love double fried chicken as they listen to their arteries harden.
And some eat stuff that can't be identified as food.

So.....our John takes the time to "review" places where he and his buds eat, detailing each person's opinion.
Is somebody else going to do the job when he finally escapes to NOB?

If not, give him at least a little break. He doesn't use his bad words in the retaurant review. Thank hevvins.
razberry

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:36 am

gringal - OMG!!! Thank you. What a treat to hear something positive said about me, especially after yesterdays bashing about the poster. It's nice to know there are a few nicer folks here.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:37 am

Too bad John can't include pictures as I do on my restaurant "reviews."
http://rollybrook.com/Page%20Directory.htm#restaurants
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:43 am

johninajijic wrote:gringal - OMG!!! Thank you. What a treat to hear something positive said about me, especially after yesterdays bashing about the poster. It's nice to know there are a few nicer folks here.

You're welcome.
My point was that there is no good reason to do global bashing when there are often worthwhile actions being done by the person getting bashed. Your restaurant reviews which may be very useful to newbies, is one. Mainecoons, whose opinions get arrows and clods thrown at him is also the man who stepped up and got the graffiti removal movement going. In fact, I've seen him personally working with the paint bucket on the Ajijic malecon.
So....throw tomatoes when they're deserved and give credit where credit is due, IMHO.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:45 am

I agree with Gringal.
Can they be rotten tomatoes?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:48 am

ferret wrote:I agree with Gringal.

Fresh ripe ones taste a lot better! I prefer organic. LOL.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:52 am

johninajijic wrote:
ferret wrote:I agree with Gringal.

Fresh ripe ones taste a lot better! I prefer organic. LOL.

Organic costs too much to waste. Shocked

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:27 pm

johninajijic wrote:I am NOT a food critic. I specifically state this at the top of my Restaurant list. I say many of you will disagree which you do.

My Restaurant reviews are the opinions of the people in our Dinner Group. They are not modified by me.

Spot on John, you are many things, but a food critic you are not.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down