INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need fast typist

+9
ferret
gringomojado
rocky1
viajero
Jim W
barbicheesecake
johninajijic
hockables
Intercasa
13 posters

Go down

Need fast typist Empty Need fast typist

Post by Intercasa Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:27 pm

I have many pages to translate and prefer to dictate and have another type, I am the fastest 2 fingered typist but may have up to 70 pages to translate soon
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Need fast typist Empty Re: Need fast typist

Post by hockables Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Intercasa wrote:I have many pages to translate and prefer to dictate and have another type, I am the fastest 2 fingered typist but may have up to 70 pages to translate soon

Sorry... can't help you...
70 pages would wear out my typing finger...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Intercasa wrote:I have many pages to translate and prefer to dictate and have another type, I am the fastest 2 fingered typist but may have up to 70 pages to translate soon

Does she need any other skills too? LOL
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Need fast typist Empty I can type

Post by barbicheesecake Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Hola - Back in the day I could type 70 WPM and can still type about 50 WPM today. Would I be typing in Spanish or English?
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:26 pm

I have a few good candidates, would need to type very fast what I dictate in English and know how to spell and be educated. I am bidding a job, hope to get it but then again, hope to go to Vallarta instead of work.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:54 pm

I know one lady really pretty, bilingual, Says she can type, but I think she is a HUNT N PECKER! LMAO.....my bad Spencer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Jim W wrote:I know one lady really pretty, bilingual, Says she can type, but I think she is a HUNT N PECKER! LMAO.....my bad Spencer
Between your post and John's,I'm not sure which is more pathetic.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by rocky1 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 pm

[quote="Intercasa"]I have a few good candidates, would need to type very fast what I dictate in English and know how to spell and be educated. I am bidding a job, hope to get it but then again, hope to go to Vallarta instead of work. [/quote]

Wow Intercasa !!!!! [quote="Intercasa"]I have a few good candidates, would need to type very fast what I dictate in English and know how to spell and "be educated" ?????

As a person previously involved in hiring for major corporations, I would run (and fast) if I had applied and was one of your "good candidates". Maybe you should have interviewed your "few good candidates" prior to this post., just saying..............

rocky1

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:47 pm

[quote="rocky1"]
Intercasa wrote:I have a few good candidates, would need to type very fast what I dictate in English and know how to spell and be educated. I am bidding a job, hope to get it but then again, hope to go to Vallarta instead of work.

Wow Intercasa !!!!!
Intercasa wrote:I have a few good candidates, would need to type very fast what I dictate in English and know how to spell and "be educated" ?????

As a person previously involved in hiring for major corporations, I would run (and fast) if I had applied and was one of your "good candidates". Maybe you should have interviewed your "few good candidates" prior to this post., just saying..............

Must be educated, bi-lingual, type 60wpm, and have a sense of humor Very Happy
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:14 pm

2 offers saying 120wpm and obviously will put them to the test to see who is best. But then again I want a 50% deposit including IVA from the client or I won´t start a thing.

Typing fast and typing accurately may not be mutual concepts. Also if one isn´t familiar with legal terms then there will be more corrections or someone with lesser education, it is a fact of life. Some people have more experience in areas, I hate medical translations as they take me alot of time but I am learning the terms, watching Dr. House helps although I have yet to see Sarcoidosis.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rocky1 Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:44 pm

[quote="Intercasa"]2 offers saying 120wpm and obviously will put them to the test to see who is best. But then again I want a 50% deposit including IVA from the client or I won´t start a thing.

Typing fast and typing accurately may not be mutual concepts. Also if one isn´t familiar with legal terms then there will be more corrections or someone with lesser education, it is a fact of life. Some people have more experience in areas, I hate medical translations as they take me alot of time but I am learning the terms, watching Dr. House helps although I have yet to see Sarcoidosis.[/quote]

Try " trained in legal transcript" possibly more professional than "someone with lesser education" and yes whom ever is lucky enough to "win" this job should have a sense of humor!!!!

rocky1

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:54 pm

What about verbal recognition software?
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:00 pm

I don't have the time to train the software I just wasted hours fiddling with the software to create facturas and am behind for doing that, would be a good project but then again why not share the wealth, give someone something to do, will also look for a Mexican for the reverse to dictate in Spanish.

Trained in legal transcript, could be looking for a needle in a haystack where many other options would work.

Sorry, I am very stressed, working when I should be at the beach like everybody else, my bad for trying to please too many and still... never works.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:11 pm

Voice recognition software only works well if you are capable of enunciating words properly and clearly. It used to work for me...it never worked for my husband even after the "training".
You have to learn to say "sorry, I'm too busy" , Spencer. You can't please everybody and you will tarnish your stellar reputation if you can't meet deadlines because you're juggling too much work. IMHO.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 pm

True but the reality is that the immigration stuff will drop off 70% or more when the new law is implemented (well maybe a year after once everybody has switched over) so I prefer insanity for the next year to year and a half to build the law part to keep my employees working and not lay anybody off but keep hiring to support the local community. I LOVE my team and support them!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:30 pm

I love your team too!
Sounds like you've got a steep learning curve ahead. Suerte! I'm sure you'll find the right people eventually. Dictation tapes might be another way to go. If someone was standing over me watching me type, I'd go nuts.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Jim W wrote:I know one lady really pretty, bilingual, Says she can type, but I think she is a HUNT N PECKER! LMAO.....my bad Spencer

Hey Jim, that was very funny, but there are those here who have no sense of humour. Thier loss.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Just got that one right now, funny.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need fast typist Empty Hola again

Post by barbicheesecake Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:56 am

Just thought you should know a bit about my background. I am a former banker with 30 years in the biz. Hubby and I are down here because we BOTH lost our banking jobs; he had 38 years in the biz. I now make homemade cheesecakes and sell them at the Hole in One restaurant at the Monday Market. During my career I have typed many legal descriptions of mortgage deeds (and you know how boring that is!) I was not just a typist but was a mortgage loan officer and underwriting supervisor. Also my speed is probably more than 50 WPM and more likely upwards of 70 WPM.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by SunsetKid Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:29 am

Spencer
Why will the immigration stuff drop off by 70% because of the new law. Is there something the rest of us need to know about? Is it going to become more difficult to get FM3s in the near future?
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:06 am

I beleive the new Immigration Visa's will be renewable for longer terms (IE 2 to 4 years). This will, of course, reduce Spencers business.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:15 am

Yes lifetime and 2 to 4 year renewals will drop the annual business so we need to plan and expand as 4 of my 5 people have families and laying off is not an option.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 am

You're a good man, Spencer!

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Intercasa wrote:Yes lifetime and 2 to 4 year renewals will drop the annual business so we need to plan and expand as 4 of my 5 people have families and laying off is not an option.

Met your staff last week. They are very nice and professional.
Don't blame you for wanting to keep them.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down