INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New therapist, social worker at Integrity Clinic

5 posters

Go down

New therapist, social worker at Integrity Clinic Empty New therapist, social worker at Integrity Clinic

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:33 pm

There is a new therapist, social worker coming to the Integrity Clinic on Tues. and Thurs. She might come out more days if she gets busy. For now you need to contact her directly. She is from the US and speaks native English. This is her information:

Juliet Galton, LMSW
Licensed Master Social Worker
cell phone 045 333 845-0237 or email at jcgalton@yahoo.com I've had a very heavy personal load lately and needed someone without a personal interest to talk to - worth the appointment if you have more problems than you can handle. You can PM me for additional info but will not be checking the chat group until Tues.

Not sure this is medical? CBob can move if he decides it is.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

New therapist, social worker at Integrity Clinic Empty Re: New therapist, social worker at Integrity Clinic

Post by Gamina Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Is she a medical social worker or has a masters in social work?
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New therapist, social worker at Integrity Clinic Empty Re: New therapist, social worker at Integrity Clinic

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm not sure what a medical social worker is? Her title is LMSW (licensed masters social worker) which is defined here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Social_Work - but you can email her and ask her more specifics if you are interested. She always answers my emails.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:51 am

My wife is a LISW (Licensed Independent Social Worker) and she informed me that LMSW is a less experienced licensure level that in most states requires supervision. When they reach LISW as a result of Master's or higher level of education and years of experience, they are supposedly licensed to work independently.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:26 am

That's very interesting to me, as I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Virginia and I'm interested in working when we relocate permanently. I specialize in couples counseling.
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:11 am

You really should email her for qualifications, I was reading the different state requirements and they vary widely. I'm only telling you from personal experience it is helpful for me. You have nothing to lose by asking for information.

quiltbugj - I know a lot of couples who have problems after moving lakeside - don't know if they will seek therapy but I know of a fair amount of divorces - maybe could have been avoided if they had counseling. PS are you a quilter? We have quilt guilds down here.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:15 am

simpsca quote - "quiltbugj - I know a lot of couples who have problems after moving lakeside - don't know if they will seek therapy but I know of a fair amount of divorces - maybe could have been avoided if they had counseling."

Maybe they need a psychiatrist here for some of the forum members or anger management classes. LOL.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 am

Yes John I agree. Very Happy
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

New therapist, social worker at Integrity Clinic Empty other specialties

Post by quiltbugj Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:54 am

johninajijic wrote:simpsca quote - "quiltbugj - I know a lot of couples who have problems after moving lakeside - don't know if they will seek therapy but I know of a fair amount of divorces - maybe could have been avoided if they had counseling."

Maybe they need a psychiatrist here for some of the forum members or anger management classes. LOL.

I lead an Anger Management group for first time Domestic Violence offenders for years!!
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down