INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cozumel ?

+7
saege007
rico
CanuckBob
johninajijic
slainte39
hockables
CheenaGringo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cozumel ? Empty Cozumel ?

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 pm

We are trying to plan the restaurants that we wish to hit for dinner during our four nights of staying at the Lake later this month. Anyone have any idea what night or nights that Cozumel is closed? Also with the management change at Bruno's, what nights are they open?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cozumel ? Empty Re: Cozumel ?

Post by hockables Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:54 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:We are trying to plan the restaurants that we wish to hit for dinner during our four nights of staying at the Lake later this month. Anyone have any idea what night or nights that Cozumel is closed? Also with the management change at Bruno's, what nights are they open?

Look for the places that are full of happy, stuffed customers.... when I was there last, we found this great outta the way place... hardly anyone there,,,,,, second worst case of food poisoning I've ever had!! Blackeye
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Bruno's (Vicki's) is closed Wed. and Thurs......open the other 5 nites.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:57 pm

hockables wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:We are trying to plan the restaurants that we wish to hit for dinner during our four nights of staying at the Lake later this month. Anyone have any idea what night or nights that Cozumel is closed? Also with the management change at Bruno's, what nights are they open?

Look for the places that are full of happy, stuffed customers.... when I was there last, we found this great outta the way place... hardly anyone there,,,,,, second worst case of food poisoning I've ever had!! Blackeye

Are you talking about THE Cozumel or someplace else. scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:50 am

slainte39 wrote: Bruno's (Vicki's) is closed Wed. and Thurs......open the other 5 nites.

And still some of the best char broiled steaks around. Ribs excellent too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:52 am

slainte39 wrote:
hockables wrote:

Forget Cozumel, went once, NEVER again. One of the worst places we've eaten at Lakeside.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:17 am

slainte39: Thank you for providing the days Bruno's is closed.

John: I wish to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to do something you said you never do (about a week or two ago) - provide negative comment on a restaurant (Cozumel). We first had dinner at Cozumel back in either '97 or '98 and have always enjoyed our meals. With your extensive restaurant knowledge, I would ask for both positive or negative comments on restaurants in Morelia, Oaxaca, Puebla and Patzcuaro.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:05 am

There is an awesome Italian restaurant on the west side of the main plaza in Patzcuaro. I can't remember the name but it is the only Italian restaurant at that plaza.

You can try Los Mirasoles in Morelia. A bit pricey but really nice food and ambiance.

And of course you will have to stop for the world famous Porco Carnitas in Quirago. We were told that "El Rey" on the north side of the plaza was the best in town so that is where we ate. We were not disappointed.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:25 am

slainte39 wrote:
hockables wrote:

The Island!!.... were U talking about a business...

The Island is nothing but Eating Establishments, T Shirt Shacks, and Dive Shops... and a shitty beach
If you go there to dive... you'll have a blast.... If you go there for anything else.... there are better places to be!!

OPPPs... Cozumel.... a restaurant.... never been there.... my bad...

Last edited by hockables on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:29 am

The shrimp, bacon, cheese combination concoction at the Cozumel is delicious, but has to be the greatest cholesteral inducing plate ever devised if you have that type of problem...also the free margaritas, if you have that type of problem.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:47 am

slainte39:
The shrimp concoction is a favorite of Kathy's and I have been partial to their frog legs. The price is certainly right on the margaritas even if they are not high on the "best scale".
CB:
The Italian restaurant in Patzcuaro must be fairly new? We will have to check it out. As for Morelia, thanks for the suggestion. We are actually meeting with a Morelia native for dinner and since it will be a Saturday night, he has picked out a restaurant where we can watch the lighting of the cathedral and the fireworks if they decide to have them that paticular Saturday night.

So far, I am quite disappointed that John hasn't provided any restaurant lists for the requested cities!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rico Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:03 am

Cozumel has been one of our favorite places for parties for several years. I have yet to have a bad meal there. I choose the Heart stopper- shrimp/bacon/cheese, also known as the Costa Azul. Always consistent. The margaritas really aren't tequila, but at free, who cares. I have had a steak that wasn't "fantastic", but lets face it folks, at those prices and free drinks, I'm not expecting fine dining.
I'm glad you didn't like your meal, John.

rico

Back to top Go down

Post by rico Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:16 am

"My Restaurant reviews are the opinions of the people in our Dinner Group". Just a quote as a reminder.

rico

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:22 am

rico: "Always consistent. The margaritas really aren't tequila, but at free, who cares."

If the margaritas really aren't tequila - what are they made from?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rico Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:30 am

Grain alcohol. Kinda the same stuff that Penguinos sells as tequila, but when pressed will explain it is made from sugar cane. Many restaurants will use this unless top shelf or specific brand is ordered. It seems to be an accepted thing down here.

rico

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 am

Rico:
Thanks for the explanation! That would explain something which happened on a trip back in the late 90's. Some friends visited from NOB and the female half was chugging those margaritas until she "lost it" and passed out cold at the table. Had to be carried to the car and then to bed. Next day, she claimed that someone slipped her a mickey!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rico Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:56 am

I could tell my friends were drunk, cuz their faces were all blurry.

rico

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:11 pm

I love Cozumel. The staff is always friendly to me and my friends when we go there.

The dishes I like are:
Camarones Costa Azul (bacon-wrapped cheese stuffed shrimp)
Camarones de Coco (coconut shrimp which has an amazing tamarindo sauce with it! I actually get the sauce with the costa azul, because I don't like the normal sauce that comes with that dish)
Arrachera
Brochetta de res
Ceviche

Free margaritas with any entree is nice, even if it is the above mentioned grain alcohol. Most of the meals are around $100-130 pesos. Dine outside and enjoy the view, especially at sunset.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 pm

saege007 wrote:I love Cozumel. The staff is always friendly to me and my friends when we go there.

The dishes I like are:
Camarones de Coco (coconut shrimp which has an amazing tamarindo sauce with it! I actually get the sauce with the costa azul, because I don't like the normal sauce that comes with that dish)
Arrachera
Brochetta de res
Ceviche

Free margaritas with any entree is nice, even if it is the above mentioned grain alcohol. Most of the meals are around $100-130 pesos. Dine outside and enjoy the view, especially at sunset.

We ate there once. I had Shrimp, don't remember how it was done, but it wasn't good. A friend had Crab stuffed with cheese and it was God awful. Free margaritas don't mean much if the food isn't good. Why travel to Chapala with much better choices in Ajijic?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:27 pm

johninajijic wrote:
saege007 wrote:I love Cozumel. The staff is always friendly to me and my friends when we go there.

The dishes I like are:
Arrachera
Brochetta de res
Ceviche

We ate there once. I had Shrimp, don't remember how it was done, but it wasn't good. A friend had Crab stuffed with cheese and it was God awful. Free margaritas don't mean much if the food isn't good. Why travel to Chapala with much better choices in Ajijic?

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I've had nothing but good meals there. Maybe they like me better?

I live in Chapala, and I always think "why the hell would I travel to Ajijic to go out to eat, when there are good restaurants here in Chapala, and I can cook pretty much anything I could possibly want to eat."
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Always happy to "help," eh John? Saege007 said she LIKEs the food at Cozumen. Besides she lives in Chapala. I've not had a bad meal there. My guess is they saw you coming.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:34 pm

The dishes I like are:
Arrachera
Brochetta de res
Ceviche

We agree 007, having always had prompt and courteous service. Our favorite time to be there is late in the afternoon on the weekends and holidays. We always take out of country company there and they always remember it as one of their favorite restaurants. I think it's because everyone enjoys sitting outdoors on the lakefront relaxing, watching all the activities and enjoying the sights, sounds and colors. The strolling Mariachi's add charm, the kids selling Chiclets gum couldn't be more cute and the occasional caballeros clopping by on their horses are always a treat. Add to that a tasty dinner, conversation, free Margaritas, a grand sunset and you have a memorable dining experience.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by plumlake Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 pm

I did not know that about the Margaritas....oh darn it...
The margaritas there do give one a kick...sort of tasted like a margarita...darn!
Okay...I will admit the Margaritas at Pepe's are not any better...(two for one)
but the Margaritas at Tango indeed have a nice smokey flavor is at least taste like tequila...
Darn...no more free Margaritas for us I guess.

plumlake

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Nothing wrong with the free margaritas for a buzz to get started. I don't drink them with my meal because I don't think the citrus compliments the food. More often I'll have a beer or glass of wine.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Lets face it - when one orders the "house margarita" anywhere you are taking your chances on the ingredients! You can pretty much bet that very few restaurants are using 100% Blue Agave Tequila unless one calls for it.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next