INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panino

+4
Jim W
Parker
ferret
CheenaGringo
8 posters

Go down

Panino Empty Panino

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Last Wed. we drove into the Lake area from Patzcuaro starving for some lunch. While we had planned to stop at Tony's, we discovered that this was the day they were closed. So heading east, we ran across Panino and decided to try it for the first time. Granted we were very hungry but the clubhouse and tuna melt fit the bill! Service was excellent in spite of the opinion of the crotchety ancient Gringo who chose the table next to us. Within 30 seconds of sitting down, he was yelling at the waitress for the menu and some service. He did receive an earful about manners from me as we were leaving!
[img]Panino Dscn4412[/img]
[img]Panino Dscn4413[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Panino Empty Re: Panino

Post by ferret Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Panino's is one of our favourites. They are very popular, very busy and VERY good in the consistency department of good food. When they are very busy, service can be a little off...but not very often.
Looking forward to going there again as we are just starting to venture out.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:53 pm

ferret wrote:Panino's is one of our favourites. They are very popular, very busy and VERY good in the consistency department of good food. When they are very busy, service can be a little off...but not very often.
Looking forward to going there again as we are just starting to venture out.

Totally agree and when in season, to me, their Strawberry Pie is the best! Becky and Pedro are such great servers; I don’t think you could ask for better.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Lupita does a great job......she affectionately calls her menu.....COMFORT FOOD
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Jim W wrote:Lupita does a great job......she affectionately calls her menu.....COMFORT FOOD

And it IS comfort food, especially her coconut cream pie. The bay scallops are just out of this world. 6 stars out of a possible 5.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Well, it looks like we found something we can all agree upon. Thank You Paninos’. (Big Daddy, I’m sure you’re in there too, but we need a moment for Paninos.) Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:07 am

I love Paninos! The Shrimp Louis is my personal favorite and no matter how full they are the service has always been great. Thanks for the lesson for the crotchety old gringo. I hate witnessing that kind of behaviour.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:00 am

Panino's is fine comfort food. However, just so the Kumbaya circle has an opening, I have to mention this: On Thursdays, their Spaghetti special with shrimp has been steadily creeping up in price, with smaller and sometimes not-so-fresh tasting shrimp. Across the side street on the corner, Angelica's will serve you a huge plate of Fettucini al pesto crudo with large, very fresh shrimp for 75 pesos and it beats the daylights out of Panino's version. Try it and report what you think. Thumbs up

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 am

In general, Panino is still one of the few "Best" restaurants in Ajijic offering good value. I haven't been in awhile, so I don't know what their Roast Beef and Turkey dinners cost or the Scallop plate. Lupita is a wonderful woma who works hard to satisfy her customers. You can't eat at the inferior McDonalds or Burger King for less with their crappy food.

As Gringal said, Angelica's Bistro is excellent too. Tango for lunch too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down