INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tizapan

+2
lucky
Abrria
6 posters

Go down

Tizapan Empty Tizapan

Post by Abrria Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Do you know about how long it takes to get to Tizapan and also if someone has been there recently how are the roads?

Abrria
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tizapan Empty Re: Tizapan

Post by lucky Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:05 pm

tizapan is about 50 minutes to an hour from joco, depending on traffic and how fast you drive. the highway is fine, although there is one street in tizapan itself that might be impassable because the river is quite high. (that's the way it was this past monday.)

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tizapan Empty Moving to Tizapan

Post by Lehrer Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:14 pm

I am in the process of moving over there, from Riberas del Pilar. I have made several trips, and none of them were under 1 hour & 20 minutes. Of course, with belongings on board, I don't drive like a maniac; so -- perhaps -- one could make it in less time. But keep in mind that travel time would be less, leaving from Ajijic.

The roads are fine, but often-times one has to deal with truck traffic or worse. I've been stuck behind slow-moving trucks, as many as four. Then some idiot will pass me and the four trucks in a no-passing zone; so far, no tragic results.

Then again, some times a fast-moving milk or water truck will zip around on a curve in a no-passing zone, only to be seen again in San Luis Soyatlan, parked on a narrow street, with the driver buying breakfast or a snack. This town is the worst part of the journey, as folks park on the main drag, left and right; mostly, other drivers in the on-coming lane are respectful of others' rights and halt long enough to let them move around the parked vehicles.

One time, the police were trying to get through and there was a bus coming from the opposite direction; the police sounded the siren but nothing moved -- total blockage; the police had to back up to the previous intersection and find another way through. I hate trying to get through that town!

Tizapan 851398
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Tizapan Empty Tizapán - Hacienda San Francisco

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-W2-TtbgfY
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Any info. on the place, history, property size, for sale? Inquiring minds...
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:50 pm

I usually get there in an hour and 15 minutes. Did the drive (passed by) last Saturday to go to a wedding in Sahuayo. The drive is nice but if you go to Sahuayo, take the La Barca / Ocotlan route back as the road gets bad (not to mention drop offs, loose animals, etc) after Cojumatlan towards Sahuayo.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:54 pm

oncesubtle wrote:Any info. on the place, history, property size, for sale? Inquiring minds...
I'm assuming you meant the Hacienda San Francisco. It's been a family property for centuries and not for sale so far as I know. Also not a "tourist trap" -- not even set up for tourists! I should think that if it were, the family could harvest a great income!

Look here for more information: http://cookjmex.blogspot.com/2009/04/lake-chapalas-south-shore-treasures.html
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Thanks for the information, we'll have to visit and check it out.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:34 pm

oncesubtle wrote:Thanks for the information, we'll have to visit and check it out.
Hey, let me know when.
You're welcome to visit my wife and me and share a beer!!!

Beer
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Share a beer???? Heck if he comes all the way over can't he have his own?

lol!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:43 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Share a beer???? Heck if he comes all the way over can't he have his own?

lol!
Well, I keep only one in the frig, and he'd have to bring one for himself if he wants the whole bottle!!!
razberry
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Lehrer, i love going to the used clothing store on one of the main streets coming into Tizapan. it's a nice town with a nice market/tianguis which seems to go on every day of the week.

i've been told that medicines can be substantially cheaper than the same things here on the northshore of lake chapala because Tizapan is in a different state. but i also keep hearing that there have been some major narco issues in the town or the nearby surrounding areas.

any truth to either of these statements (i.e. cheaper meds; narco violence)?

thanks!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:12 pm

lucky wrote:Lehrer, i love going to the used clothing store on one of the main streets coming into Tizapan. it's a nice town with a nice market/tianguis which seems to go on every day of the week.

i've been told that medicines can be substantially cheaper than the same things here on the northshore of lake chapala because Tizapan is in a different state. but i also keep hearing that there have been some major narco issues in the town or the nearby surrounding areas.

any truth to either of these statements (i.e. cheaper meds; narco violence)?

thanks!
Actually, Tizapán is in the state of Jalisco; my wife & I find that meds, etc. are cheaper in the Ajijic-Chapala area. (So is booze!!!) And the pharmas here sell "free samples" that are supplied by the drug companies. So???? You be the judge.

The narco issues might stem from the fact that a couple of months ago the police were chasing criminals from Guadalajara and were ambushed just outside of Tizapán.

We don't see any "major" issues.
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:28 pm

thanks for the quick reply. i got confused about where michoacan starts. i knew about the chase through joco and then down the carretera to the tizapan area, but i had heard there have been other issues in tizapan...or its "suburbs." nice to hear that it's not so.

on a semi-related note, this afternoon my friends and i saw a pretty good sized flock of pelicans. have you been to petatan lately to check out the pelicans? just wondering how many are there? their arrival seems late this year.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Lehrer wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Share a beer???? Heck if he comes all the way over can't he have his own?

lol!
Well, I keep only one in the frig, and he'd have to bring one for himself if he wants the whole bottle!!!
razberry

Moot point: 'La Chula' turned me on to some pills to quit smoking and I quit drinking, still smoke though. scratch But we will visit.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Maybe they were suppositories?

Jajaja.......... Tizapan 169387
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:47 pm

@ lucky: Haven't been to see the pelicans, but they're just up the road from here. Saw them a couple of years ago with friends from Germany. Regarding narcos & crime, I have to say that Tizapán is not immune. Dead body found last week with four slugs: 2 from a .38 and 2 from a .45 -- but other areas have similar problems. Police investigated a death in Jocotopec (Municipality) about the same time, apparently bludgeoned to death. That's a good reason for me to be a home-body!

@ oncesubtle: I'll be looking forward to the visit. Whereas you'd be welcome to drink at my home, I'll have to caution you that wife & I are non-smokers -- so you'll have to restrict that to the mirador or the driveway!!!
lol!
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down