INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie here

+20
Zedinmexico
lunateak
slainte39
Charliej
juanrey
Mainecoons
Big Daddy Mexico
SunFan
Trailrunner
ferret
GBATRUCKS
CanuckBob
otrocanuck
viajero
CheenaGringo
bobnliz
gringal
johninajijic
binky
Rella
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Newbie here - Page 3 Empty Re: Newbie here

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:17 pm

And, as Rella posts, she's not even going anywhere for 5 or 6 years! One whole helluvalot can happen in the next 5 or 6 years!!!

I'd also expand on GBAT's post: "My point was to advise Newbie that Lake side is much more than a small area on the north shore with a high concentration of gringos.". . . and say that MEXICO is much more than a small area on the north shore of Lake Chapala with a high concentration of foreigners.

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rella Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks for some more comments.... yes I won't be doing anything for maybe 5-6 years yet...who knows LOL....things can change in an instant!

I want to immerse myself in this community.....I am not one to hide......I am perfectly able to find the ways to keep myself safe. You can help me with this too. Granted, bars on windows, and walls around my home would be something quite different for me....but I am quite open to change in my life.

What I am looking for, is something not drastically different from what I am used to, but at the same time is different. I am so looking for something different right now. But I do want some things that are still familiar!!

That is why Lakeside is so appealing to me. Very Happy

Rella

Humor : definitely

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Rella wrote:Thanks for some more comments.... yes I won't be doing anything for maybe 5-6 years yet...who knows LOL....things can change in an instant!

I want to immerse myself in this community.....I am not one to hide......I am perfectly able to find the ways to keep myself safe. You can help me with this too. Granted, bars on windows, and walls around my home would be something quite different for me....but I am quite open to change in my life.

What I am looking for, is something not drastically different from what I am used to, but at the same time is different. I am so looking for something different right now. But I do want some things that are still familiar!!

That is why Lakeside is so appealing to me. Very Happy

Welcome, Rella,

I didn't want a gated community when I moved here, but I gave in to family pressure so they would feel more comfortable visiting and guess what? It didn't change who visited and who did not! Silly me. I moved out of there as soon as the lease was up. Tho it was a beautiful place I always felt claustrophobic.

Now I have a house on the south side of the lake where there is a caretaker/gardener who lives on the premises 24/7 so I feel safe living alone, never isolated. It is way better! You do have to like being away from traffic, congestion, noise and people to live on the south side, and speak at least some Spanish.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3