INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New FM3 how long does it take?

5 posters

Go down

New FM3 how long does it take? Empty New FM3 how long does it take?

Post by Hallie Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:23 pm

What does INM on line tracking message say when the FM3 is ready to be picked up?
Below is what I see, am I still waiting for "Notificación en ventanilla"?

Fecha Estatus Trámite Ubicación
20/07/2010 El trámite ha sido registrado Delegación Regional en Jalisco
20/07/2010 El tramite ha sido asignado Delegación Regional en Jalisco
21/07/2010 El trámite ha sido clasificado Delegación Regional en Jalisco
29/07/2010 Un pago ha sido registrado Delegación Regional en Jalisco

or as RV said on Chapala.com it's ready when it shows the payment has been accepted. http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=23388

They'll take your forms and then give you a letter with a few numbers: Pieza and Contrseña are the important ones. You can go back online in about 4-5 working days, to the site indicated on that sheet, and check the progress of your application. When it says something to the effect that payment has been accepted; it means that you can go back to INM to pick up your new plastic card credential. You will be fingerprinted at that time; actually, two thumb prints. There is nothing difficult (if you use Marielena) about the process and no other 'facilitators' are needed. Many of them don't know what they're doing yet, are very expensive, and one of the 'most popular' takes forever to get it done. You'll still have to go to Guadalajara for the final visit & thumb printing.

The popular attorneys assistant (husband) first said it would take three weeks then changed it to a six weeks time frame and said he doesn't believe new, first time FM3's are ever ready before four weeks, usually six. Yet I'm reading, one for renewal and two weeks for new, for people that did their own. Faster to do your own???

From Mexconnect
Just got my new FM3 at GDL INM. Here's how it went:

Thursday June 3rd -- Entered Mexico by land on a 180 day FMM (tourist visa).
Thursday June 10th -- Applied for an FM3 (No Inmigrante - Rentista) at GDL INM.
Monday June 14th -- Received "Notificación en ventanilla" (Notification - at counter) message on the INM online tracking system.
Thursday June 17th -- Was issued my new FM3 at GDL INM.

The only delay was waiting my turn, and waiting for the FM3 to be signed off by the "jefe" and put together by the staff. I spent a maximum of 10 minutes at the counter when I submitted the initial application and the follow-up visit to submit the final paper work. A piece of cake. The INM personnel were friendly, helpful and professional.

Que Viva México

Hallie

Back to top Go down

New FM3 how long does it take? Empty Re: New FM3 how long does it take?

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:17 pm

My wife and I just got our FM3's through Chapala Law (Intercasa). It only took 1 1/2 weeks from start to finish. Very quick and very painless. There was a 15 minute meeting at the Chapala Law office and then 30 minutes at the INM office in Chapala a week and half later. We walked out with our laminated FM3's.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:33 pm

CanuckBob wrote:My wife and I just got our FM3's through Chapala Law (Intercasa). It only took 1 1/2 weeks from start to finish. Very quick and very painless. There was a 15 minute meeting at the Chapala Law office and then 30 minutes at the INM office in Chapala a week and half later. We walked out with our laminated FM3's.

Went into Chapala Law about a week ago for our FM2 renewals. Tomorrow we go to get the papers. FAST. There was one document that we hadn't signed, so they sent Luis to our house to get the signature. Now THAT's service. Nice folks, and they even have an A/C in that office. VERY COOL. cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:37 pm

CanuckBob wrote:My wife and I just got our FM3's through Chapala Law (Intercasa). It only took 1 1/2 weeks from start to finish. Very quick and very painless. There was a 15 minute meeting at the Chapala Law office and then 30 minutes at the INM office in Chapala a week and half later. We walked out with our laminated FM3's.

Bob is correct. If your facilitator knows someone at INM, it should take no more than two weeks for a renewal or new FM 3 or FM 2. Some of the facilitators take longer because they want to bring in a bunch of FM 3's and FM 2's at one time. Less costly for them than making separate trips.

Check your prices. Spencer is very fair. I believe Mago is much higher and so is Azucena Batemen on Ocampo whom I usually use. She was 200 pesos per person higher than Spencer last year on FM 3 renewal.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks guys. 95% of the time it will take 1-2 weeks to get the job done. Once in a while the file gets misplaced at immigration and things can take up to a month and at times things get done in a few days.

We turn in files every other day and sometimes daily. Many Ajijic facilitators only come once or twice a week (and probably over one half arrive on the bus) so that will affect turn times. Being 2 blocks away does make it easy to turn things in as well as run back to the office if immigration wants another copy of something.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down