INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARMANDO'S RESTAURANT - New Ownership

+3
CanuckBob
johninajijic
gringal
7 posters

Go down

ARMANDO'S RESTAURANT - New Ownership Empty ARMANDO'S RESTAURANT - New Ownership

Post by gringal Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:09 pm

We hadn't been to Armando's as yet, but after seeing the ad with the menu, we went for lunch yesterday

There is a lunch menu, but the new owner, Amy, said we could order items from the dinner menu if we wished.
Amy and the waitstaff are very pleasant and the decor is charming in a Mexican funky way, murals and all. Comfortable and cozy, with several rooms.

This could be a good place for a Swarm to introduce people to it and get the new owners off the ground. It's off the beaten path but well worth a visit.

We both ordered from the lunch menu (65-70 pesos). I ordered the hot ham and swiss sandwich which was on good french bread with a pasta salad side. (choice of that or potato salad). It was very good. My husband had the Green Chile Pork Burrito and declared it the best he'd had around here. Big burrito with good beans and rice on the side.

We're seafood lovers and their dinner menu had a variety of choices for under 120 pesos. Also plenty of carnivore items.
For iced tea fans: they do it right and it's 15 pesos with endless refills.

Closed Tuesdays. Hours 11:30a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Located right near the Danza del Sol hotel on Ocampo. Plenty of street parking.

We'll BE BACK. Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

ARMANDO'S RESTAURANT - New Ownership Empty Re: ARMANDO'S RESTAURANT - New Ownership

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks for the review. Two of my neighbors who love Armando's will be pleased to hear it's just as good under new management. Everyone liked Armando and he will be missed. He was a true gentleman.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

ARMANDO'S RESTAURANT - New Ownership Empty Re: ARMANDO'S RESTAURANT - New Ownership

Post by gringal Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:32 pm

johninajijic wrote:Thanks for the review. Two of my neighbors who love Armando's will be pleased to hear it's just as good under new management. Everyone liked Armando and he will be missed. He was a true gentleman.

Amy, the new lady, is charming and very attentive. I think everyone will be pleased with her management.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:33 pm

We love Armando's and will go check it out again ASAP.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:55 pm

johninajijic wrote:Thanks for the review. Two of my neighbors who love Armando's will be pleased to hear it's just as good under new management. Everyone liked Armando and he will be missed. He was a true gentleman.

Armando´s? Lawrence Welk on steroids? Les Brown and his band of reknown?. Big Tiny Little circa 1956? Andy Williams singing "Moon River"? Some imbecile serving flamed steak and Cesar Salad at tableside with phony croutons and giant wooden spoons ? The only Steak Diane served up in North America since 1946? Beef Wellington with gravy?. A bunch of old farts sitting around ingesting week old, tasteless steamed carrots, green beans and mashed potatoes with a hard roll last served at Trader Vic´s in 1958? Iced Tea from Biloxi with tons of sugar? A well-dressed waiter who actually died in 1956 but doesn´t yet know he´s dead?

What´s next? Atrophied veins injected with formaldehyde?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 pm

hound dog wrote:

Armando´s? Lawrence Welk on steroids? Les Brown and his band of reknown?. Big Tiny Little circa 1956? Andy Williams singing "Moon River"? Some imbecile serving flamed steak and Cesar Salad at tableside with phony croutons and giant wooden spoons ? The only Steak Diane served up in North America since 1946? Beef Wellington with gravy?. A bunch of old farts sitting around ingesting week old, tasteless steamed carrots, green beans and mashed potatoes with a hard roll last served at Trader Vic´s in 1958? Iced Tea from Biloxi with tons of sugar? A well-dressed waiter who actually died in 1956 but doesn´t yet know he´s dead?

Hahahaha, top form today Dawg.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 pm

hound dog wrote:

FYI, Armados HAS a good reputation and was consistent unlike the other craphole restaurants here who don't know what serving good food is.

Only E Raq would think you are funny. So what you have described is the restaurants in San Cristobal and your old hang out Alibama, a state which isn't fit to live in.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:35 pm

I thought Dawg's diatribe was funny, too, although the first time we've been there was yesterday and all of the attractions Dawg mentioned were missing from the scene.

Maybe when the new owners took over, they gave the waiter a decent burial and changed the CD collection. I mean, the old vinyl collection.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:28 pm

[What´s next? Atrophied veins injected with formaldehyde? [/quote]

FYI, Armados HAS a good reputation and was consistent unlike the other craphole restaurants here who don't know what serving good food is.

Only E Raq would think you are funny. So what you have described is the restaurants in San Cristobal and your old hang out Alibama, a state which isn't fit to live in.[/quote]

Obviously, the formaldehyde doesn´t always work in the atrophied veins if one has been brain dead for over 50 years. John is the only guy I´ve ever known who visited Italy without ever getting off the two-for-one cruise ship and celebrated once Chef Boyardee came up wih zip-cans and he could leave his church key back in Massachusetts.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 pm

johninajijic wrote:
hound dog wrote:

Only E Raq would think you are funny. So what you have described is the restaurants in San Cristobal and your old hang out Alibama, a state which isn't fit to live in.

"I'm goin' to ALIBAMA with my banjo on my knee"

......How to win friends and influence people. lol!
What are the Tarheels? The aristocracy of the old Confederacy? High rent district for southern white trash?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:49 pm

hound dog wrote:[What´s next? Atrophied veins injected with formaldehyde?

Only E Raq would think you are funny. So what you have described is the restaurants in San Cristobal and your old hang out Alibama, a state which isn't fit to live in.[/quote]

Obviously, the formaldehyde doesn´t always work in the atrophied veins if one has been brain dead for over 50 years. John is the only guy I´ve ever known who visited Italy without ever getting off the two-for-one cruise ship and celebrated once Chef Boyardee came up wih zip-cans and he could leave his church key back in Massachusetts. [/quote]

Let me know when you find a 2 for 1 cruise ship, I'm sure you've looked for them, because I'm sure you're one of the cheapos who moved to Mexico for the cost of living. Never heard of a 2 for 1 cruise. We went First Class.

I guess you ate Chef Boyardee when you were a kid, but my Mom, being Italian made real Italian sauce.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Tarheels, nickname for people from North Carolina, a useful add on to John´s vocabulary.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:40 pm

brigitte wrote:Tarheels, nickname for people from North Carolina, a useful add on to John´s vocabulary.

John, a distinguished Tarheel,....sounds much better than being from...OMG...ALIBAMA. Rolling Eyes

but I guess it's what lights up your light....basketball or football. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down