INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIMBO eyes Hostess twinkies

+10
jrm30655
Uncle Jack
hockables
slainte39
E-raq
Luisa
gringal
joec
ferret
solajijic
14 posters

Go down

BIMBO eyes Hostess twinkies Empty BIMBO eyes Hostess twinkies

Post by solajijic Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:36 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2234822/Mexican-company-eyes-bankrupt-Hostess-Brands-Twinkies-loyalists-snatch-sweet-confections-shelves-frenzy.html

This certainly makes a lot of sense.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

BIMBO eyes Hostess twinkies Empty Re: BIMBO eyes Hostess twinkies

Post by ferret Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 am

It does make sense...and Sherwin Williams has just bought Comex paint.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 pm

ferret wrote:It does make sense...and Sherwin Williams has just bought Comex paint.

Now youll see what crap they turn Comex paint into. Next to TONAL and other paints SW is the worst paint in Mexico, from my 11 years of experience and the two best painting contractors here.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Once upon a time, S/W was good paint. They had beautifully pigmented colors; nice texture and it lasted well. By the time we moved to Mexico, it had gone downhill to the point where Comex was an improvement.

IMO, the Beryl paint store in west Ajijic has the best all around paint; good colors, and our painter likes the way it goes on better than any other. This fella is a one-man band who also fries other fish, so Joe has probably never heard of him. I use him because he does it the right way; prep work and patience.
I also like that when he's in our house, he's as quiet as a ghost. My kind of worker. cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:25 am

joec wrote:
ferret wrote:It does make sense...and Sherwin Williams has just bought Comex paint.

Now youll see what crap they turn Comex paint into. Next to TONAL and other paints SW is the worst paint in Mexico, from my 11 years of experience and the two best painting contractors here.

John, this is the kind of posting that gets you so much negative attention. No one asked about paint quality. I don't care about your expertise and I really get sick of your needless negativity.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 am

gringal wrote:Once upon a time, S/W was good paint. They had beautifully pigmented colors; nice texture and it lasted well. By the time we moved to Mexico, it had gone downhill to the point where Comex was an improvement.

IMO, the Beryl paint store in west Ajijic has the best all around paint; good colors, and our painter likes the way it goes on better than any other. This fella is a one-man band who also fries other fish, so Joe has probably never heard of him. I use him because he does it the right way; prep work and patience.
I also like that when he's in our house, he's as quiet as a ghost. My kind of worker. cheers

That's what we use too Beryl.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:00 am

Luisa wrote:
joec wrote:

John, this is the kind of posting that gets you so much negative attention. No one asked about paint quality. I don't care about your expertise and I really get sick of your needless negativity.

Ever notice with John that everything is the "worst" or the "best"....not many maybes.
Definitiveness is NOT John's short suit. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:02 am

But Nobody Eyes The Bimbo Who Ate All The Twinkies!! razberry
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Luisa wrote:
joec wrote:

Luisa Im just telling you what I know from experience and from what two best contractors use.

No one asked you to read my post. If you want to start a fight go make negative posts toward someone else.

As gringal said above SW used to be good paint until they took out the good pigments.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Pigments are ALL and they are expensive ingredients. Back in the days of the good S/W, they didn't throw lamp black into the paint for better coverage. If you wanted to paint a wall "cabernet", you knew that three coats or more were going to be needed, but the end result was rich and easy to live with. The same with the subtle light colors.

Sad that such a once-good company went into the dumpster.

Meanwhile, back on topic: Twinkies weren't "food" in the first place. A sinfully rich Chocolate eclair made with the real stuff is FOOD. R.I.P.,Twinkies, if that's the end result. Can't say I'd miss them. Bet they'll still be around, though.
razberry

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:33 pm

I thought this was about Twinkies! Although known to be a cultural icon, I can truthfully say I will not be psychologically traumatized by the passing of Twinkies. As long as I can still go down to my local bakery and buy a chocolate éclair, or a chocolate fudge brownie, I shall survive.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:38 pm

¿....just an afterthought... will Ho Ho's now become Jo Jo's?

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Bimbo will not buy it. They already have anti-trust problems with everything they have bought already

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:18 pm

jrm30655 wrote:Bimbo will not buy it. They already have anti-trust problems with everything they have bought already

If it goes BK, they can sure pick up the assets & trademarks...
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:
jrm30655 wrote:Bimbo will not buy it. They already have anti-trust problems with everything they have bought already

If it goes BK, they can sure pick up the assets & trademarks...

I suspect that it will be bought as a package. Could be wrong. Without the union rules, benefits and pension overhead it should be wildly profitable.

I know that most of the products are "junk food" and junk food is out of official favor but everyone eats junk food.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 pm

jrm30655 wrote:

I suspect that it will be bought as a package. Could be wrong. Without the union rules, benefits and pension overhead it should be wildly profitable.
Sounds great,maybe they could get some of those pesky child labor laws rescinded too,put some kids on the production line and pay them with twinkies and ding dongs....

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Eyeballing your Hostess's Twinkies would be totally inappropriate .. hic Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm

hockables wrote:Eyeballing your Hostess's Twinkies would be totally inappropriate .. hic Beer

Hocks, it is Image thing. I bought my daughter -in-law a "BIMBO" shirt and she wouldn't wear it! Perception is reality!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:57 pm

jrm:

The anti trust laws mean so little anymore that I would seriously doubt that the US Government would block Bimbo USA from purchasing the assets if that was the best deal on the table.

One of the issues that we ran into with our listing agent was that we had signed the Standard GIL Listing Agreement. We had not been informed that GIL booted his butt which essentially invalidated our agreement. Between that and the fact that he had pocketed about $5KUSD that we had deposited with him for repairs and improvements - we had no argument when we fired him!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:57 am

I expect one of the big hedge funds to buy it. I think that is why the management got such good raises, to keep them in place.

People blame management but managements real problem was that they ended up with 2 unions but about 80 separate contracts.

By the time they finally folded, they were awash in debt.

Without the debt and the union contracts, they can start over and probably make good money.

The bread line is just another bread but the junk food is known by everyone. The Twinkie and Hostess names alone are worth millions

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down