INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Please return magazines to LCS or we will run out.

5 posters

Go down

Help Please return magazines to LCS or we will run out. Empty Help Please return magazines to LCS or we will run out.

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:01 am

Hi

Its high season and unless folks bring me new/used magazines and return the old ones
we are going to run out. Remember the puzzles and magazines are exchange. I kept it
going last year by going out door to door asking folks for magazines. I don't have time
this year to do so. I also could use a little bit of help for a couple of days a week in the
magazine room. Good job for newbie as great way to meet folks. Books are fun to look
at also. Library volunteers are nice to work with also as most are book people. We also
could use some cash for the cats as it is time for the annual Rabies shots. I get no money
from LCS for magazines, puzzles, and the cats. We do this with volunteer work only and
donations.

Also would the folks who have the sci/fi Analog magazines could you return them as others
would like to read them and they are very rare anywhere anymore.

Sorry for the begging but I need some help.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Help Please return magazines to LCS or we will run out. Empty Re: Help Please return magazines to LCS or we will run out.

Post by SenorDorky Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Hi

Its high season and unless folks bring me new/used magazines and return the old ones
we are going to run out. Remember the puzzles and magazines are exchange. I kept it
going last year by going out door to door asking folks for magazines. I don't have time
this year to do so. I also could use a little bit of help for a couple of days a week in the
magazine room. Good job for newbie as great way to meet folks. Books are fun to look
at also. Library volunteers are nice to work with also as most are book people. We also
could use some cash for the cats as it is time for the annual Rabies shots. I get no money
from LCS for magazines, puzzles, and the cats. We do this with volunteer work only and
donations.

Also would the folks who have the sci/fi Analog magazines could you return them as others

Z

I hear and obey, Z!
I will see what I have hanging around the sty. I have also emailed friends and have offered to gather up and deliver any mags to LCS. They need to go to "the reading room" next to the office, si?
my tia y tio are big puzzle fans and might not know that LCS has a puzzle exchange; I'll let them know.
david.

SenorDorky

Back to top Go down

Help Please return magazines to LCS or we will run out. Empty Re: Help Please return magazines to LCS or we will run out.

Post by SunFan Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:21 am

I just ripped the current issue of Vanity Fair from my wife's hands. I'll deliver it this morning.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 am

I too subscribe to several Magazines. I shall bring the ones down that I have read this week. Sadly all techie stuff. But there are some interesting articles on Windows 8
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:08 am

So Pete - are you now the go to guy for info on Windows 8?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 am

SenorDorky wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Hi

donations.

Z

I hear and obey, Z!
I will see what I have hanging around the sty. I have also emailed friends and have offered to gather up and deliver any mags to LCS. They need to go to "the reading room" next to the office, si?
my tia y tio are big puzzle fans and might not know that LCS has a puzzle exchange; I'll let them know.
david.

Yep the green table on the left side of the room anything can be left. Yes we have a good puzzle exchange. FYI for hardcore puzzle
people the misc store on the plaza in Ajijic sells them. I hope I didn't come off as demanding. I dont' expect anyone to obey me LOL
I just need some help and folks are coming through!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Thanks all. We got about 50 this AM.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:54 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:So Pete - are you now the go to guy for info on Windows 8?

Don't I wish. So far all I have been reading is why someone likes it or does not like it, but have not tried it myself. Sure I've watched a few how to videos. They say if you are over 25 you are going to have a hard time getting used to it. What I know is that I will not try it on anything but a touch screen and that because I am way over 25 I too am going to have a very hard time getting used to it.

But I've got to go north for the holidays and will have all kinds of time on my hand between family parties. So maybe a relative who works for MSFT will be willing to buy me a surface touch screen with Windows 8 for me to practice on at the Windows employee store for a great discount.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down