INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would like review of Blue Bay Tenacatita

+3
viajero
merry
chispitamariposa
7 posters

Go down

Would like review of Blue Bay Tenacatita Empty Would like review of Blue Bay Tenacatita

Post by chispitamariposa Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Would those who went to Blue Bay Tenacatita with Viajes Ajijic last week please post a review of their experience there? How was the maintenance of the facility? How was the food? Any reports of bed bugs?

chispitamariposa

Back to top Go down

Would like review of Blue Bay Tenacatita Empty Re: Would like review of Blue Bay Tenacatita

Post by merry Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 pm

There are two Blue Bay hotels with reviews listed here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g644396-Tenacatita_Costalegre_Pacific_Coast-Hotels.html

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Would like review of Blue Bay Tenacatita Empty Re: Would like review of Blue Bay Tenacatita

Post by viajero Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:56 pm

I don't know about the Blue Bay Hotels,but what happened to Tenacatita was a godamn shame,closed down by a rich Tapatio,backed by his Panista buddies in the Jalisco state government,locals were kicked out by force and their property destroyed,it use to be my family's favorite beach destination,good snorkeling,fishing and reasonable accomodations...que lastima...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I stayed once at the Los Angeles Locos on Blue Bay. It was a standard-quality hotel, but very comfortable with nice rooms and a great view. I went on one of the Thanksgiving deals. I have to say, having gone to four different places like this on the coast, Locos had by far the best restaurant and buffet. Huge buffet with many different choices every day. All the other buffets, including a fifth all-inclusive in Puerto Vallarta (which was miserable) pale in comparison. Plus they had a little Italian pasta/pizza joint for off hours (and a beach burger shack; yech for the grease content).

I loved the beach; they even had some hammocks for me. Did NOT like the constant activities at the pool. Exercising, dancercising, aguatics: all with fully loaded microphones and huge speakers, so it didn't matter if you were in your room or on the beach, you got blasted from dawn to dusk. And then a pretty useless staff stage show every night to keep the noise going.

Swore I wouldn't go back, but when I compare it to other places I've been, I just might. As I recall, they also had a one-night-only (for guests) restaurant up on the mountain, which was exquisite, and offered you anything on their menu. I had two main courses....................
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 pm

HelperGuy wrote:I stayed once at the Los Angeles Locos on Blue Bay. It was a standard-quality hotel, but very comfortable with nice rooms and a great view. I went on one of the Thanksgiving deals. I have to say, having gone to four different places like this on the coast, Locos had by far the best restaurant and buffet. Huge buffet with many different choices every day. All the other buffets, including a fifth all-inclusive in Puerto Vallarta (which was miserable) pale in comparison. Plus they had a little Italian pasta/pizza joint for off hours (and a beach burger shack; yech for the grease content).

I loved the beach; they even had some hammocks for me. Did NOT like the constant activities at the pool. Exercising, dancercising, aguatics: all with fully loaded microphones and huge speakers, so it didn't matter if you were in your room or on the beach, you got blasted from dawn to dusk. And then a pretty useless staff stage show every night to keep the noise going.

Swore I wouldn't go back, but when I compare it to other places I've been, I just might. As I recall, they also had a one-night-only (for guests) restaurant up on the mountain, which was exquisite, and offered you anything on their menu. I had two main courses....................

Helper Guy, you had a "totally different" experience than the group from Viajes Ajijic LAST YEAR. We went to Blue Bay Los Angeles Loco hotel in Tenacatita. I think there were 2 bus loads. The hotel was "ultra old" and needed renovation 10 years ago. The rooms were a big zero. This was THE WORST hotel I have EVER stayed in in my life. I found out after we returned that "many people had beg bug bites". Yuk!!!

The Buffet was mostly Mexican with little selection. It was mostly the same every day and the food was "horrible". We were extremely disappointed. The stage show was practically non existent compared to other ALL INCLUSIVES in PV and our favorite in Nuevo Vallarta, which is the Occidental Grand Allegro Nuevo Vallarta, where we went back to this year.

The ONLY good thing was the white sand beach and the waves but you couldn't sit out on the patio after 4:00 PM coz the black flies ate you alive. The second good thing was the Specialty restaurant up on the rocks. The food and service was excellent, but you could only go to that once in a 4 day stay.

We only went to the Blue Bay Los Angeles Loco because our favorite in Nuevo Vallarta, the Occidental Grand Allegro Nuevo Vallarta was undergoing a 15 million $$ renovation.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 pm

I went partly because of the low price at that point, compared to some others on offer. It certainly wasn't like the pictures their website shows now, but it wasn't that run down, either. It was just average. The restaurant up on the mountain was fantastic.

Good to hear your report, because I had been thinking of going back and taking my daughter.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:47 pm

HelperGuy wrote:I went partly because of the low price at that point, compared to some others on offer. It certainly wasn't like the pictures their website shows now, but it wasn't that run down, either. It was just average. The restaurant up on the mountain was fantastic.

Good to hear your report, because I had been thinking of going back and taking my daughter.

All the Thanksgiving Specials have gone by, unless you're thinking of next year. I'm a believer in you get what you pay for. If you want to take her next year, go to the Riu Jalisco or Occidental.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:06 pm

I'll look into the other places, but take note: you can get those 5-night deals any time of the year, for any of the places (except super-high season), from any agency. They just don't advertise the rest of the time.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by chispitamariposa Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 am

Because I went last year and had various problems at Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos I am not asking for reviews of past experiences. I would like to hear from someone who went on the Viajes Ajijic trip this year during Thanksgiving week. I have heard that the resort is under new management and that things improved but would like confirmation of that from those who have recent experience. The snorkeling there last year was great and reasonably priced but not worth the rundown conditions, the less than mediocre food, and the bed bugs. I'd go back next year for the snorkeling IF these other conditions have improved. Anybody who went this year have any reviews to post here?

chispitamariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by chispitamariposa Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:01 am

merry wrote:There are two Blue Bay hotels with reviews listed here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g644396-Tenacatita_Costalegre_Pacific_Coast-Hotels.html

Merry

And I believe Viajes Ajijic runs a Thanksgiving trip to only one, Los Angeles Locos. That's the one I am asking about. I believe the other is primarily for couples and has a nude beach.

chispitamariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by chispitamariposa Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:03 am

HelperGuy wrote:I stayed once at the Los Angeles Locos on Blue Bay. It was a standard-quality hotel, but very comfortable with nice rooms and a great view. I went on one of the Thanksgiving deals. I have to say, having gone to four different places like this on the coast, Locos had by far the best restaurant and buffet. Huge buffet with many different choices every day. All the other buffets, including a fifth all-inclusive in Puerto Vallarta (which was miserable) pale in comparison. Plus they had a little Italian pasta/pizza joint for off hours (and a beach burger shack; yech for the grease content).

Was your stay within te last year? If not, then I can only say that perhaps things changed considerably after your visit, at least based on my experience last year during Thanksgiving week.

chispitamariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by chispitamariposa Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:09 am

joec wrote:

Helper Guy, you had a "totally different" experience than the group from Viajes Ajijic LAST YEAR. We went to Blue Bay Los Angeles Loco hotel in Tenacatita. I think there were 2 bus loads. The hotel was "ultra old" and needed renovation 10 years ago. The rooms were a big zero. This was THE WORST hotel I have EVER stayed in in my life. I found out after we returned that "many people had beg bug bites". Yuk!!!

The Buffet was mostly Mexican with little selection. It was mostly the same every day and the food was "horrible". We were extremely disappointed. The stage show was practically non existent compared to other ALL INCLUSIVES in PV and our favorite in Nuevo Vallarta, which is the Occidental Grand Allegro Nuevo Vallarta, where we went back to this year.

The ONLY good thing was the white sand beach and the waves but you couldn't sit out on the patio after 4:00 PM coz the black flies ate you alive. The second good thing was the Specialty restaurant up on the rocks. The food and service was excellent, but you could only go to that once in a 4 day stay.

We only went to the Blue Bay Los Angeles Loco because our favorite in Nuevo Vallarta, the Occidental Grand Allegro Nuevo Vallarta was undergoing a 15 million $$ renovation.

I was part of that group at Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos last year and totally agree with JOEC's comments. Luckily there were not bed bugs in my bed but know of various others who were covered with bites. The food at the buffet was pretty bad and the food at the supposedly-gourmet restaurant on the hill was pretty ordinary also. We had six repair requests in our room within the first hour. The ONLY good thing about the resort was the snorkeling, which was great. I'd return for that IF the other conditions have improved. That's why I'm asking for opinions of people who went THIS year.

chispitamariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 am

We've been to La Vena beach a number of times and you have to drive past Blue Bay to get there. Never seen but a few cars in the parking lot and no buses

Would like review of Blue Bay Tenacatita Blue-bay-hotel
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 am

chispitamariposa wrote:Would those who went to Blue Bay Tenacatita with Viajes Ajijic last week please post a review of their experience there? How was the maintenance of the facility? How was the food? Any reports of bed bugs?

Do you REALLY think that it could improve under new management? They would need to do a COMPLETE RENO and no one is going to spend that kind of $$$. There are so many better places, I suggest you look elsewhere.

sparks - That looks really nice.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by chispitamariposa Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 pm

chispitamariposa wrote:Would those who went to Blue Bay Tenacatita with Viajes Ajijic last week please post a review of their experience there? How was the maintenance of the facility? How was the food? Any reports of bed bugs?
I am still hoping someone with recent experience will answer the questions I posed about Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos Tenacatita. I am not asking for the history of what has happened to the town of Tenacatita, nor suggestions of other places to stay, nor speculation about whether money might have been invested to improve this hotel. I want a report from someone who has been there very recently (like Thanksgiving week) who can tell me if the condition of the rooms and the quality of the food has been improved and if there were any experiences with bed bugs during this year's Ajijic Travel Thanksgiving week trip. I really liked the snorkeling at this resort and the price was very reasonable but based on last year's experience I do not want to return without confirmation from recent guests that room maintenance, food quality and bed bugs presence have improved recently.

chispitamariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:03 pm

TripAdvisor has a couple of fairly recent reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g644396-d153349-Reviews-Blue_Bay_Los_Angeles_Locos-Tenacatita_Costalegre_Pacific_Coast.html#REVIEWS
And you can PM reviewers for more personal answers to any questions you may have.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down