INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the world in December.....

+13
slainte39
RoofBob
hockables
Smartalex
gringomojado
CanuckBob
Luisa
E-raq
Uncle Jack
hound dog
merry
joec
Zedinmexico
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

End of the world in December..... Empty End of the world in December.....

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Just finished reading the Mayan spiritual leaders book "The Night of the Last Katun 2012 Maya" by Ac Tah. I met him last year when he was giving a talk
at the cultural center. I was in the back and he before his speech walked to the back of the room and shook my hand and walked back and gave his
speech. I was wondering what he saw in me so I got his book. It does help to understand much of what is going on. Any hoo if you are interested in this
I suggest you read his book. Even if you don't believe in a spiritual side to things the book was interesting enough on a cultural scale to be read. I later
found out he saw things in and around me which is why he came back to meet me. One of my strangest experiences I have ever had. Any Maa yab
people on this board? (We say Mayan they say Maa yab I think)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

End of the world in December..... Empty Re: End of the world in December.....

Post by joec Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Just finished reading the Mayan spiritual leaders book "The Night of the Last Katun 2012 Maya" by Ac Tah. I met him last year when he was giving a talk
at the cultural center. I was in the back and he before his speech walked to the back of the room and shook my hand and walked back and gave his
speech. I was wondering what he saw in me so I got his book. It does help to understand much of what is going on. Any hoo if you are interested in this
I suggest you read his book. Even if you don't believe in a spiritual side to things the book was interesting enough on a cultural scale to be read. I later
found out he saw things in and around me which is why he came back to meet me. One of my strangest experiences I have ever had. Any Maa yab

Z

The End of the World is coming, yeah right, SOMEDAY, but not according to the Mayans. Anyone who believes this needs a really good psychiatrist.

Last edited by joec on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Ho, hum.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:23 pm

I never realized what a sense of humor you have, Zed. Maya reading this forum? Ironic and amusing comment. I like your sense of humor. I´ll tell you this. I´ll be at our home in Chiapas hanging around with Maya in historic Maya environs (as yet unchosen) when the end-of-the-world is scheduled to occur and, if the world does not end as scheduled that day, I´ll report back to you in English as to my observations the next day. As of now, I simply expect the sales of the famous San Cristóbal tamales to go through the roof and local tamal makers bank accounts to be thusly fattened the day after the apocalypse. I think that consuming copious amounts of tamales and posh the day of the predicted end is the best way to accept the inevitable with a modicum of distress.

Forgive me but I think this Ac Tah charalatan saw you and other attendees as as marks but it strikes me that you are probably more discerning than your attendance at this event led him to believe. We know many Maya in Chiapas and thay do have strong spiritual beliefs but always proceed tenuously among the Maya in Chiapas.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:42 pm

The Mayans did not predict the end of the world. They just ran out of rock to chisel on. One of these days we will find the next page.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 pm

I believe the next calendar may have been found. In any case we plan to celebrate the advent on Dec. 22nd.

END OF WORLD = EPIC FAIL
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Does this mean I need to go back on my diet?

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Luisa wrote:Does this mean I need to go back on my diet?

Not necessarily. May I, having been kind of chubby after a course of cortisone, and having to lose 26 pounds, suggest the drinking man's diet. It worked a treat. It will also provide some general anaesthesia in case someone in the more eccentric set is actually right about all this.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:12 pm

I tried the Drinking Man's Diet about forty years ago. They used to call it the Airforce Diet. I got really tired of steak, salad and cottage cheese, but I really liked the vodka. It worked.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:I tried the Drinking Man's Diet about forty years ago. They used to call it the Airforce Diet. I got really tired of steak, salad and cottage cheese, but I really liked the vodka. It worked.

uj

Oh yes it does work! What I particularly loved about is was unlimited butter and cheese. Of course the Vodka, or whiskey was just the icing on the cake. Blue cheese dressing on the salads wasn't half bad either.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Also referred to as an Atkins or Southbeach diet.....no? Minus the booze of course......jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Just finished reading the Mayan spiritual leaders book "The Night of the Last Katun 2012 Maya" by Ac Tah. I met him last year when he was giving a talk

My wife is Kaqchikel Maya Did he speak to you in Español, or as they say Castellano? Many still don't speak Spanish, to this day.
They possess great wisdom and are reluctant to share, as they have been so badly treated. Starting to see ethnic pride now in Guatemala, with dialects now recognized as "idiomas", or languages not "lenguas"or "dialectos". Also young indigenous women working in banks and offices "en traje" or native dress.
The man could have perceived past lives in you. Interesting, pray -tell, give us more info`
gm

Z

gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 am

So has anybody actually read the book?? You know I have read the Book
of Mormon, The Bible, The Koran just for the knowledge. What harm does
it do to read any book. Some of you are a little closed minded and make
fun of what you cannot understand. The actual truth is the older I get
the more I know how little I know. Do I believe him?? I don't know but I do
see him as a Teacher with something to say rather than a Dude telling me
how to act to avoid going to Hell or whatever.

Well it is filled full of interesting concepts many Buddist or Kharma oriented.
The book holds itself up as a cultural book. It explains how many things
associated with the Mayans were actually committed by the spanish and
turned against the Mayans. He gives one of the best explanation of the
behavior of poor people. He is a very smart man. Every other religious book
I have read always has God's Boogie man in it and the control that it implies.
I don't see this in his world. He talks about things that we called unused
glands and such as being used to communicate at a different level than what
we are comfortable with.

Is he a fake as Dawg thinks? I don't know. I do know his writing is interesting
and thought provoking at least for me.

Anybody have any constuctive comments LOL?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 am

gringomojado wrote:

Z

My wife is Kaqchikel Maya Did he speak to you in Español, or as they say Castellano? Many still don't speak Spanish, to this day.
They possess great wisdom and are reluctant to share, as they have been so badly treated. Starting to see ethnic pride now in Guatemala, with dialects now recognized as "idiomas", or languages not "lenguas"or "dialectos". Also young indigenous women working in banks and offices "en traje" or native dress.
The man could have perceived past lives in you. Interesting, pray -tell, give us more info`
gm

[/quote]

I was raised by two scientists who were Athiests although they sent me to Jesuit school for the education. I am an agnostic because I believe being an
athiest is a religion of no God. Ok so we got that out of the way. My whole life people of alternative lifestyles and faith have been walking up to me and
telling me very strange things that they see around me. Some people won't even come near me. As anybody who know me I have very very high
energy and my job didn't help it.

So I am hanging out at Diane Pearls place and somone mentions the Mayan guy showing up. To be honest I like the feathers and such so I went to hear
him and see what he said. Before the speech he walked back to me in the last row shook my hand said something I didn't understand and went back to
give his speech. Now was he seeing what other see in me? Some people call it an aura I think, or did he see something different? I don't know but it was
a very interesting experience. I probably would have dismissed it as another person who see something in me that we don't understand but his speech
made so much sense. What impressed me if you remove all the references to the unconventional stuff is his cultural words about life that we do understand makes perfect sense to me. So a year later ..... I start finding copies of his book around. Don't think two thought about it until my friend
whom I told the story brings me the book. So at that point I decide I need to read it. End of story.

So what is an Agnostic suppose to do? Deny this ununderstandable knowledge and keep the understandable? I have just had too many strange and
unconventional experiences in my life including animals talking to me. Yes I admit I have taken my share of LSD but not in 30 years or so and it did
change me for the better. (Please I am not suggesting anyone take anything without research many folks were hurt from it just like booze hurts people)
Anyway thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Any other books to read that anybody know about written by mayans?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:53 am

Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

Expand your reading list. I suggest you start with the Popul Vuh, the Mayan book of creation. It's available here in Spanish and English. You might also appreciate reading Mexico Mystique by Frank Waters. It'll be a little harder to find, but well woth the effort.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:56 am

Smartalex wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

Expand your reading list. I suggest you start with the Popul Vuh, the Mayan book of creation. It's available here in Spanish and English. You might also appreciate reading Mexico Mystique by Frank Waters. It'll be a little harder to find, but well woth the effort.

Thank you

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:07 am

I think I can relate Zed. I too have had a number of fairly weird experiences. Far too many to discuss.

Now I do not and will not involve myself in any conventional religion, nor will I take part in any spiritual awareness raising rituals. I actually think they may be dangerous. However like you have read the books of many religions out of interest. My conclusion is that they are handy dandy control methods.

I have never taken hallucinogenic drugs, because although I do like drinking I hate feeling drunk.

Having said all that I am left with the enduring certainty that there is a lot more out there than we are consciously aware of. I also feel that some of it is very good.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:23 am

E-raq wrote:I think I can relate Zed. I too have had a number of fairly weird experiences. Far too many to discuss.

Now I do not and will not involve myself in any conventional religion, nor will I take part in any spiritual awareness raising rituals. I actually think they may be dangerous. However like you have read the books of many religions out of interest. My conclusion is that they are handy dandy control methods.

I have never taken hallucinogenic drugs, because although I do like drinking I hate feeling drunk.

Having said all that I am left with the enduring certainty that there is a lot more out there than we are consciously aware of. I also feel that some of it is very good.

I for one believe, if you're going to get into a deep Theological Discussion... LSD is precisely what you need !

If U wanted to sit around and discuss " an Oreo Cookie " ... mota would be the answer! Rolling Eyes

Sports - Beer

Politics - Scotch... doubles
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:11 am

E-raq wrote: I have never taken hallucinogenic drugs, because although I do like drinking I hate feeling drunk.
Oh contraire E-raq, hallucinogenic's won't make you feel drunk, not in the least. I'd suggest peyote as it's used and available locally and it is a mild high compared to LSD or other pharmaceuticals. A good day trip would also enhance the experience, like a visit to the zoo in Guadalajara or an art walk in Tlaquepaque, and bring a get-high friend for extra giggles. It would be a wonderful experience and one you would never forget. Oh, and avoid depressing places when high, that'd be a bummer. Taking hallucinogens are like putting a magnifying glass between you eyes and brain as everything is magnified. At least that's what a friend told me.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 am

hockables wrote:
E-raq wrote:I think I can relate Zed. I too have had a number of fairly weird experiences. Far too many to discuss.

I for one believe, if you're going to get into a deep Theological Discussion... LSD is precisely what you need !

If U wanted to sit around and discuss " an Oreo Cookie " ... mota would be the answer! Rolling Eyes

Sports - Beer

Politics - Scotch... doubles

That is quite possibly true Hocks. However for me, I have seen, in Toronto many years ago, university students having bad trips. Very bad trips. That squashed any interest I might have had.

Mota I am very interested in however it makes me cough really badly, so I'm on hold with any smoked variety of that but would not be averse to trying a brownie. I have found a shop with hookahs and glass pipes on the off chance that someone shares some MJ with me. I don't want to deal with dealers unless it becomes legal.

I do not ever discuss politics or sports, being a fan of solo competitions only such as equestrian events and skiing.

I developed a distaste for whiskey at an early age so basically stick to Rum or Vodka, and not too much of it in my old age. Old age sucks doesn't it. Beer, only on a really hot day.

Thanks roof Bob, Having spent many years looking down a microscope perhaps peyote may be just the thing.
Is it legal?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:43 am

I doubt it's legal to sell peyote or magic mushrooms but from what I understand 'they' don't give a rip. For first time trippers though it is the way to go. If you do go Alice in Wonderland shoot me a PM and I'll have my friend give you some best trips tips.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 am

RoofBob wrote:I doubt it's legal to sell peyote or magic mushrooms but from what I understand 'they' don't give a rip. For first time trippers though it is the way to go. If you do go Alice in Wonderland shoot me a PM and I'll have my friend give you some best trips tips.

" Bob's Guided Tours " ?? Very Happy
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:52 am

hockables wrote:
RoofBob wrote:I doubt it's legal to sell peyote or magic mushrooms but from what I understand 'they' don't give a rip. For first time trippers though it is the way to go. If you do go Alice in Wonderland shoot me a PM and I'll have my friend give you some best trips tips.

Do these swarms always have to be about food???.... Smokealot

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:57 am

hockables wrote:

You must admit Hocks that for an aged neophyte such as myself, a guided tour might be just the thing. This stuff kind of scares me. I know my booze limits. Precisely 1.5 ounces every hour or hour and a half. I'm a very slow drinker and often forget that my cocktail is there if I'm busy.

Now with unmeasured and possibly potent natural substances, one never knows.

This is exactly why I am so in favor of legalization. There are Doctors working on measuring THC levels as we type. One of the best is in Israel.

Peyote I know nothing about, and don't want to find out on my own either.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 am

RoofBob wrote:
E-raq wrote: I have never taken hallucinogenic drugs, because although I do like drinking I hate feeling drunk.
Oh contraire E-raq, hallucinogenic's won't make you feel drunk, not in the least. I'd suggest peyote as it's used and available locally and it is a mild high compared to LSD or other pharmaceuticals. A good day trip would also enhance the experience, like a visit to the zoo in Guadalajara or an art walk in Tlaquepaque, and bring a get-high friend for extra giggles. It would be a wonderful experience and one you would never forget.
LOL!
I wouldn't recommend going to the GDL zoo or Tlaquepaque while tripping,best stay out in the country away from crowds or at home,when I first moved here I went several times to the campo around Toluquilla for shrooms with some Mexican friends,great fun!!

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next