INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roosters

+6
gravy
Carry Bean
Tony_In_Mexico
Trailrunner
RoofBob
CanuckBob
10 posters

Go down

Roosters Empty Roosters

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:52 am

I enjoy the crowing of the roosters in the morning. They are like my alarm clock. I had a big Rhode Island Red rooster as a pet when I owned a hobby farm in Vancouver. I noticed they are pretty much spread throughout the neighborhoods here and am wondering what they are mainly kept for:

a) Food
B) Pet
C) Combatants
D) Studs
E) Alarm clock
F) All of the above
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Roosters Empty Re: Roosters

Post by RoofBob Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:26 am

Most importantly impregnating the hens, answering once and for all the age old question, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Last edited by RoofBob on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post post edit for clarity)
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 am

Most of the roosters in my neighborhood aren't 'kept'. They have a hella good life!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:40 am

While the chicken-egg question is interesting, it's been asked. I have been pondering lately an entirely new question. How is it that, regardless of where you might be in the world, all roosters make the same exact crowing noise? Has to be part of the genetic makeup, but it's such a specific arrangement of notes. You'd think there would be some variation, but no. I just find that really interesting.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:43 am

No roosters in my neighborhood but I'd prefer them to the peacocks I hear in mating season. Very Happy

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 am

Interesting ....did we domesticate the plants and animals or did they domesticate us ? ....if "the plan" is to spread your "seed" then what better way to do it than to make your self desirable to something that can move you around the planet ..... the horse was almost extinct until someone realized it was a beast of burden ..... fruit realized that man ,beast and birds could spread their seed .....livestock traded safety for the eventual cooking pot but were protected and encouraged to breed before that date with destiny
the chicken spread worldwide because it was desirable so of course they all speak the same "language".... horse speak horse , cows speak cow
the banana has NO viable seed and HAS to be transplanted to spread
If you are going to travel to new places, you are going to take your favorite foods with you
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 am

gravy wrote:Interesting ....did we domesticate the plants and animals or did they domesticate us ? ....if "the plan" is to spread your "seed" then what better way to do it than to make your self desirable to something that can move you around the planet ..... the horse was almost extinct until someone realized it was a beast of burden ..... fruit realized that man ,beast and birds could spread their seed .....livestock traded safety for the eventual cooking pot but were protected and encouraged to breed before that date with destiny
the chicken spread worldwide because it was desirable so of course they all speak the same "language".... horse speak horse , cows speak cow
If you are going to travel to new places, you are going to take your favorite foods with you

You may find this interesting but the wild banana (rare) where I’m from does have a seed, much like an apple and viable. I suppose the rest is just genetic altering.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:38 am

[quote="Tony_In_Mexico"]While the chicken-egg question is interesting, it's been asked. I have been pondering lately an entirely new question. How is it that, regardless of where you might be in the world, all roosters make the same exact crowing noise?

Not exactly true. In the United States, roosters go, "Cock-a-doodle-do" and in France they go, " Cocorico". The hen goes "Cotcotcodec" in France and "Cluck-cluck" in the United States.

You should travel about more if you wish to pontificate upon chicken language.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:50 pm

hound dog wrote:
Not exactly true. In the United States, roosters go, "Cock-a-doodle-do" and in France they go, " Cocorico". The hen goes "Cotcotcodec" in France and "Cluck-cluck" in the United States.

And its quiquiriquí in Spanish.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Parker wrote:
gravy wrote:Interesting ....did we domesticate the plants and animals or did they domesticate us ? ....if "the plan" is to spread your "seed" then what better way to do it than to make your self desirable to something that can move you around the planet ..... the horse was almost extinct until someone realized it was a beast of burden ..... fruit realized that man ,beast and birds could spread their seed .....livestock traded safety for the eventual cooking pot but were protected and encouraged to breed before that date with destiny

You may find this interesting but the wild banana (rare) where I’m from does have a seed, much like an apple and viable. I suppose the rest is just genetic altering.
The interesting fact is that the banana was "cultivated " and altered so long ago in prehistory that there is no record of it .....maybe aliens
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:28 pm

gravy wrote:
Parker wrote:

The interesting fact is that the banana was "cultivated " and altered so long ago in prehistory that there is no record of it .....maybe aliens

Or maybe theorist didn’t realize they had over looked a small Island in the Pacific Ocean. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:10 pm

From Roosters to Bananas?

The Rooster has to be one of the dumbest animals in the world. Chicken is one of the most desired foods in the world & everyday the Rooster arises
and says "here I Am" !

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:47 am

[quote="hound dog"]
Tony_In_Mexico wrote:While the chicken-egg question is interesting, it's been asked. I have been pondering lately an entirely new question. How is it that, regardless of where you might be in the world, all roosters make the same exact crowing noise?

I have traveled and they've all sounded the same to me wherever I've gone, onomatopoeias aside.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:51 am

chickens speak chicken . cows speak cow , horses speak horse
people speak shit ....most of the time
gravy
gravy
Share Holder