INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

insidelakeside.com

2 posters

Go down

insidelakeside.com Empty insidelakeside.com

Post by papa chango Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:42 pm

(Note: I tried to send this post via email and a pm but it didn't seem to go through. Maybe it was too large?)

Hi Bob,

As you are probably aware, the trend in computing is towards increased use of mobile devices. Although I have a desktop computer and a laptop I rarely use them anymore. My laptop is used mainly for backups of my mobile devices and to show movies on my HD TV. I prefer to use my mobile smartphone for everything else. I can comfortably sit in my recliner with the TV going on in the background and do all my computing with my smartphone. As this trend continues, web designers should be aware and modify their web sites so that users of mobile devices can successfully view the contents on their web pages.

A couple of months ago as you may remember, I had a problem viewing the drop down menu that you included on your web board. I downloaded and installed several different Android web browsers that I could possibly use to correctly view your web page. Of the many browsers I tested only one could show your drop down menu and that was the Opera Mini web browser. So I started to use this browser just so I could read your page correctly. However, that browser had a problem showing flash files so I searched for another browser and happened upon the Maxthon browser. After getting used to this browser I find that I really like it because it is fast and responsive. But it cannot show your drop down menu well. A few days ago on your webpage I tried to search the posts. The only place I could find that had a search box was on the drop down menu. After trying for several minutes to do a search on your board I went to the other board to search.

Please add a search box to your main page and not a pop up dialog box.

Thank you for your help on this issue and by the way I really like the VolksRod.

"papa chango"
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

insidelakeside.com Empty Re: insidelakeside.com

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:11 pm

I added a search link to the footer links at the bottom of the home page.

Enjoy.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

insidelakeside.com Empty Re: insidelakeside.com

Post by papa chango Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks a lot. It works great.
papa chango