INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Immigration Thing (yes, again)

+7
gringal
jrm30655
David
Parker
CheenaGringo
sparks
sambrit10
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Immigration Thing (yes, again) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Immigration Thing (yes, again)

Post by jrm30655 Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:11 pm

gringal wrote:That was a good list, especially re telling the bank you'll be in Mexico. First time we tried to charge a large item on our Mastercard, there was a big kerfuffle involving calls to the U.S. etc.
Also, while you're still in the U.S., you may want to open a bank account with a bank that has "links" to a Mexican bank, since you can't open accounts in the U.S. once you're here (as far as I know). When you get here, open an account with that "linked" Mexican bank. That way, you can easily transfer funds online, use the ATM machine without extra fees, etc.

Re checks: This is a cash society. Hardly anyone will take checks. They will take credit cards, but you can get a nice discount at some places if you pay cash instead.

I dunno about the GPS, but buy some good maps. You'll need them.
Good luck!
flag waver

It wasn't checks as much as deposit slips. I work for several people. Most pay me with PayPay or direct deposit. I have one that sends me checks.

Now, I'm using counter deposit slips. They will only send checks/deposit slips to my bank address which is in Laredo. Laredo won't forward them because they are in a box. Catch 22.......

So, every 6 months, I call the bank and talk one of the clerks into sending me a handful of generic deposit slips. They always offer to send me printed ones free. Try explaining all this to a 20 year old high school grad.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The Immigration Thing (yes, again) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Immigration Thing (yes, again)

Post by joec Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:47 pm

David wrote:
joec wrote:
David wrote:We've been here over 7 years and have NEVER had to prove income to renew our visa.

Why is that? Do you live outside Lakeside or Jalisco?

We've been here 10 years and ALWAYS had to prove last 3 months bank statements.

You have no memory at all, which explains a lot. You knoe I live in Ajijic. You've seen me and accused me of "looking very old." I repeat, in 7 years I've never had to show proof of income.

David - I have never knowingly seen you in person, nor accused you of being old unless it was in fun.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:36 am

As I said, you have no memory.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2