INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAN BLASS NAYARIT

+7
RoofBob
CanuckBob
SunFan
borderreiver
viajero
ferret
Jim W
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SAN BLASS NAYARIT Empty SAN BLASS NAYARIT

Post by Jim W Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Has any one on the board been there, stayed there? Where, and how were services, price etc.? Looking @ puting together a fishing trip combining Aguamilpa and San Blass. Unfortunately window is tight as deep sea fishing hot season appears to be Nov.-late Jan.....Aguamilpa always produces! Any info would be much appreciated! Anyone interested please PM or post. Would like to put a group together late January.

Thanks in advance.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

SAN BLASS NAYARIT Empty Re: SAN BLASS NAYARIT

Post by ferret Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:31 pm

San Blas is not a well developed tourist destination because of the dreaded jejenes. Jejenes are small biting bugs that start swarming you at sunset.
Take your insect repellant.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Jim,I don't know about the fishing in San Blas,but I can tell you the jejenes are always biting there.
The jungle river tours are pretty cool.

Ferret you beat me to it.

Last edited by viajero on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:36 pm

PM'd U. Anyways, would love to join this trip. The only negative I've heard on San Blas is possible sand flea centre of the cosmos. Bring on the DEET.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Go to "visitsanblas.com" and click on "the bugs". lol, especially the testamonial to jejenes.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 pm

San Blas is approx. 90 minutes from Aguamilpa. They have deep sea tournies every year. I heard the sand fleas can be nasty, thank you Ferret and Chris! Are they a problem off the beach? Appears as though this is an old fishing village, with several hotels, and restaurants?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:09 pm

They're a problem EVERYWHERE around there.
Fishing tournament?...honey, there you're the bait.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

SAN BLASS NAYARIT Empty San Blas

Post by Jim W Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:12 pm

ferret wrote:They're a problem EVERYWHERE around there.
Fishing tournament?...honey, there you're the bait.

Ferret.....Many times I am the bait, but, not for sand fleas! LOL....BTW, they have a big money buy in annually in San Blas for deep sea fishing! Will do more research....thanks for input! Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 pm

The surfing's good there,or at least it was when I first visited there in the 70s.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:49 pm

borderreiver wrote:PM'd U. Anyways, would love to join this trip. The only negative I've heard on San Blas is possible sand flea centre of the cosmos. Bring on the DEET.

Borderreiver, and for others thinking about fishing @ Aguamilpa......gear to buy....rods, 6'6" one piece....Medium heavy, Heavy!
Reels...most prefer baitcasters...spinning works. 5/0 offset worm hooks. Bullet sinkers... 3/8's or 1/2. Senkos....5&1/2 inch, all colors. Crank Bait that dives to 12-16 feet. Line 10-15#. Buy at least 2 rods n reels.....long trip if you break your only rod...LOL. Many of us carry 5 rods, 2 set up with crank bait, 3 with plastics.

The cost to rent gear isn't cheap....if this a one time deal rent the gear and be prepared to spend 800 pesos....nearly the cost of one rod n reel. Cost of gear in Mexico is expensive, especially reels. Please PM for more gear info.

Haven't made a decision yet on the combo trip deep sea and Aguamilpa....Sunfan provided info on deepsea out of San Blas....those interested please PM so we can discuss.

BAD DAY OF FISHING BEATS THE HELL OUT OF A GOOD DAY OF WORK.....lmao

JIM W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:12 am

Count me in if we can find a liter of DEET.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:15 am

I am in too, depending on when it is. I am planning on taking my step-father to Agua Milpa in March however I don't think he is up for a 6 day event.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:59 am

CanuckBob wrote:I am in too, depending on when it is. I am planning on taking my step-father to Agua Milpa in March however I don't think he is up for a 6 day event.

Bob, I forwarded deep sea info to your email. Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:17 am

Hey Jim, can you post the deep sea information or PM it? I'd be interested in seeing it. Tx
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks thanks thanks!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

SAN BLASS NAYARIT Empty Surf Fishing

Post by CHILLIN Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:13 am

Don't forget that surf fishing in Mexico can also be very productive - no license or boat required. This fellow's website will not tell you where it is - but it is the Cabos Corriente area, Mayto, about one hour south of Puerto Vallarta through Tuito. This whole area is under development as an 'eco' vacation resort - over twenty miles of pristine sandy beach. It has a couple hotels, a couple restaurants, ATV rentals. A few years ago the locals didn't even know you could catch fish off the shore - now, I would say, it is probably one of the best surf fishing spots in the world. http://surfishmexico.pbworks.com/w/page/19215735/Surf%20fishing%20Mexico%20in%20solitude There are many areas where the rivers go into the ocean which are unfished by the locals. Many are just starting to use light spin casters.

I live in Chapala now, and my surf rod sits idle. I am willing to lend it out. It is a thirteen foot rod, carbon fiber boot, and an Alvey Sidecaster reel. It is built for 2 to 4 ounces weights and lures. PM if interested
Gary (using my wife's account!)
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Rather than take a chance, I will make the trip, with another brave soul, to check out hotel, fishing guides, and the dreaded SAND FLEA!!! Don't want to mislead anyone about conditions, facilities etc. I'll provide info as received....or experienced, over the next 2 weeks. scratch
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Jim, don't take the jejenes of San Blas lightly they are pretty famous. Years ago while on a surfing/camping trip, one of the women with us fell asleep for the night in a hammock - in her bikini. Next morning the entire back side of her body (head to toe) looked like a waffle and she really suffered.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:01 pm

I don't think the jejenes are sand fleas...they are so small that they can go right through the spaces in screens well away from the beach.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks Jim for my shopping list. Just printed that off along with the other 5 pages of the post (thank goodness for recycling and, in my case, some free copy paper). Due to airline crap, my rod(s) will probably be two piece. Have an old trolling reel and two piece rod. Might as well bring that along. The rods fit the tube I have. I'll just cram everything I can into my travel rod tube and trust to U pros to sort me out, and pray to the gods that govern Alaska and US Air to make it good, lol. Special requests? PM me and be specific. Now, all I need, is digs for a month. Reading? John? I'll bring DEET. Experienced jejenes on Caye Caulker, Belize, on our honeymoon in '89. Mangrove = jejenes. Now I know, at dusk, cover up and spray below the waist and avoid the beach. On the plus side, jejenes = fish.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 am

Trailrunner wrote:Jim, don't take the jejenes of San Blas lightly they are pretty famous. Years ago while on a surfing/camping trip, one of the women with us fell asleep for the night in a hammock - in her bikini. Next morning the entire back side of her body (head to toe) looked like a waffle and she really suffered.

Thank You Trailrunner......I am not fond of any kind of bug bites.....There is a better chance of the Pope missing Mass, than me falling asleep on a hammock - in my bikini @ San Blas....LMAO! Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am

borderreiver wrote:Thanks Jim for my shopping list. Just printed that off along with the other 5 pages of the post (thank goodness for recycling and, in my case, some free copy paper). Due to airline crap, my rod(s) will probably be two piece. Have an old trolling reel and two piece rod. Might as well bring that along. The rods fit the tube I have. I'll just cram everything I can into my travel rod tube and trust to U pros to sort me out, and pray to the gods that govern Alaska and US Air to make it good, lol. Special requests? PM me and be specific. Now, all I need, is digs for a month. Reading? John? I'll bring DEET. Experienced jejenes on Caye Caulker, Belize, on our honeymoon in '89. Mangrove = jejenes. Now I know, at dusk, cover up and spray below the waist and avoid the beach. On the plus side, jejenes = fish.

When are you coming down Borderreiver?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks CB. Happy New Year to all. I'll be phoning The Pesca Guru manana or until I make contact and build the itinerary around the fishing bit, so then flights and digs for a month. Accommodation will be the interesting part. Apparently, I'll need a rain jacket and fleece, jajaja. In answer to your query - probably, early 3rd week for a month.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Guys, I am out of pocket for this trip....got company arriving the 29th thru Feb 26th. I know Sunfan, Berto, and borderreiver want to go, so a 4th would be good. We will have GPS coordinates posted, and I will help set up reservations if you like, otherwise will provide names, numbers and prices @ lodges.

We still plan to do the deepsea/inland trip, but not until we have a chance to check out San Blas. Please PM or post.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:10 pm

The creatures that infest San Blas are known on the U.S. Gulf Coast as "no-see-ums" although sand fleas is an acceptable description. San Blas itself is a dump that would make a rusting tin can on the beach with a partially clinging label reading "Hormel Pork&Beans" look like the Taj Mahal. Dawg is not a fisherman but I am informed by acquaintances that the Wampus Kitty hunting is supurb in that God-forsaken craphole. You hold the croker sack and we´ll see you later.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next