INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wooden Fishing Lures

Go down

Wooden Fishing Lures Empty Wooden Fishing Lures

Post by CHILLIN Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 pm

I should have put this is Fishing - but you will see I'm looking for a wider coverage. I have everything I need to make wooden fishing lures, except the wooden blanks. I was going to see if anybody is interested in joining with me in the manly craft of making wooden fishing lures, just as a get together sort of thing. They are very expensive - $15 to $20 U.S. retail each, plus shipping and duties. Then I saw "Have Hammers, Will Travel" charity and I am sure they can make the blanks. Then I thought why stop there, why not show them how to make, market and distribute them too - including the funky teeshirts and caps. This is very viable business here in Mexico, there is no one making wooden plugs and crankbaits in Mexico. They are used for bass, surf fishing, and trolling. So, is anybody out there interested in helping to make this happen? Experience and time is needed more than money.

Here is an article about fishing in Cuba, just to show that there is no one really making lures for Mexico and Caribbean waters - although a lot of that is just in the marketing. There is an old joke that fishing lures are designed to snag fisherman's dollars, more than the fish!

http://webpeche.owally.com/p_materiel/best_lures.html
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down