INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fraudulent parking ticket, invitation to extortion

+9
jrm30655
CHILLIN
seisdedos
hockables
slainte39
Zedinmexico
viajero
Ms.Thang
Intercasa
13 posters

Go down

Fraudulent parking ticket, invitation to extortion Empty Fraudulent parking ticket, invitation to extortion

Post by Intercasa Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 am

So some clients with foreign plated cars found a supposed parking ticket on their vehicles parked on Santa Cristina in Riberas, and were not parked illegally nor in any zone regulated by parking meters. It appears someone left this crude fake parking ticket on their vehicles to make them think they were facing criminal offenses and a $2,000 pesos fine, perhaps the bad guys got scared off before they could threatent to jail them or impound their vehicle in exchange for a fee. Beware and call the police if you see these guys or anybody tries to extort money from you.

Fraudulent parking ticket, invitation to extortion 36532_10152477828210204_386020170_n
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Fraudulent parking ticket, invitation to extortion Empty Re: Fraudulent parking ticket, invitation to extortion

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 am

Doesn´t this look like it was written by an English speaking person? A Spanish speaking person, even a child would probably have written ¨¨ No hay ¨or ¨´no queda¨¨ mas remedio ... and ¨¨delito¨¨ instead of ¨¨offense ...They wouldn´t say ¨¨you tienen ¨¨ or ¨¨La multa se pagar¨¨ or ¨¨vihiculo incautado se or ´´gracia¨ and I don´t thnk they would have written out ¨pesos either.

Another genius gringo at work here?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Fraudulent parking ticket, invitation to extortion Empty Re: Fraudulent parking ticket, invitation to extortion

Post by Intercasa Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 am

Lots of errors in spelling and syntax, I will be sending copies to the police, transitos, city hall and immigration to post alerting all to the fraud and not to pay.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:25 am

Ms.Thang wrote:Doesn´t this look like it was written by an English speaking person? A Spanish speaking person, even a child would probably have written ¨¨ No hay ¨or ¨´no queda¨¨ mas remedio ... and ¨¨delito¨¨ instead of ¨¨offense ...They wouldn´t say ¨¨you tienen ¨¨ or ¨¨La multa se pagar¨¨ or ¨¨vihiculo incautado se or ´´gracia¨ and I don´t thnk they would have written out ¨pesos either.

That was my first thought too,or maybe it was a pocho recien deportado desquitandose.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Perhaps someone like a gringo doesn't want people to park there rather than
something to get money.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

viajero wrote:
Ms.Thang wrote:Doesn´t this look like it was written by an English speaking person? A Spanish speaking person, even a child would probably have written ¨¨ No hay ¨or ¨´no queda¨¨ mas remedio ... and ¨¨delito¨¨ instead of ¨¨offense ...They wouldn´t say ¨¨you tienen ¨¨ or ¨¨La multa se pagar¨¨ or ¨¨vihiculo incautado se or ´´gracia¨ and I don´t thnk they would have written out ¨pesos either.

That was my first thought too,or maybe it was a pocho recien deportado desquitandose.

I agree, but I don't think it's an expat English speaker either. It's more like cholo, US intercity spanglish...OR a very clever person designing a false trail.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 pm

slainte39 wrote:
viajero wrote:

I agree, but I don't think it's an expat English speaker either. It's more like cholo, US intercity spanglish...OR a very clever person designing a false trail.

or someone who don't got a lot o lern'n
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm

It was probably done as a joke with the outside chance someone would be stupid enough to be fooled. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Actually they color laser printed it so they spent some money to print it but not on any spelling classes!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Hah! I got the last laugh on those clowns, paid within 24 hours and got 50% off.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:43 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Hah! I got the last laugh on those clowns, paid within 24 hours and got 50% off.

Now that is funny.....

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Crikey what idiots. Hahaha, LMAO. So who is VDL? Sounds like a sexually transmitted disease?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Hah! I got the last laugh on those clowns, paid within 24 hours and got 50% off.

it's a good dang thing we is so much smarter than them poncho/cholos huh?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 pm

I don't think vernacular has much to do with who is smarter.
BTW..."ponchos" usually are Alfonsos.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:53 pm

How do you make iPad stop doing that spell correction thing?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Quit playing with Apple products and get serious?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:11 am

Ms.Thang wrote:How do you make iPad stop doing that spell correction thing?

Ask in the tech forum which is new. Lets see if we have any Apple people around. We
won't bite newbies or we better not. It is a good question.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:14 am

In your set-up options there is an option to turn spellcheck on/off.

Here is a link to instructions:

http://www.ehow.com/how_8135311_turn-off-auto-spell-ipad.html
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:37 am

Well that was easy, thanks CB. Have you seen damnyouautocorrect.com? So funny....

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:10 am

http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/

Best of:
http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/category/best-of-dyac/

Saw this a while back..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down