INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On our way

4 posters

Go down

On our way Empty On our way

Post by adavis Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Hello everyone,

Several months back I posted that we were coming in January. Unfortunately we were unable to make it. We are now coming in April and excited to visit your community ! You all were so helpful responding to my handicap accessible issues. Thank you. Now that we have plane tickets and a place to stay I was hoping you might be able to answer a few more questions. I am a little nervous about the place we are staying since I have not received a contract from them. Is this customary in Mexico? I rented through Laguna Reality. Any thoughts on this company?

We have decided to come for three months. We've obtained six months visas but the financing on my handicap accessible vehicle only allows 90 days out of the country. Has anybody ever run into that situation? Is there a way to get around that limitation?

I have read the web pages concerning banking. I think opening a Bank of America account is the best way to go for such a short stay. For what I read there are no fees associated with an ATM withdrawal. Do I need to get an Santrader-Serfin card or will the Bank of America card be sufficient. Any comments would be appreciated!

The place we are staying at has a phone and Internet connection already which I assume allows me to make local calls. However, I have talked my family into coming with me and want to be able to communicate with them directly in case we are wandering about Mexico in different areas. I've never traveled internationally and am not sure about the best way to go about it. I think I will use skype to call the U.S. but I don't think skype will work on the smart phone since it requires an Internet connection.

We look forward to meeting you. Please don't hesitate to say hi! I am the woman in the wheelchair with the handsome service dog.

Angie
adavis
adavis

Back to top Go down

On our way Empty Re: On our way

Post by viajero Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:30 pm

The BoA card should work fine,just let them know ahead of time that you'll be using it outside of the country.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:15 am

Hi Angie! Looking forward to seeing you around the area. No info about the car issue, that is something you would have to talk to the finance company about I think. Where are you driving from?

Most people here use pay as you go cell phones and you can get wifi on them for Skype use. If you do a search there is a lot of info about the cell phone providers here.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by adavis Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:58 pm

We are coming from Auburn CA. It's between Lake Tahoe and Sacramento. My husband and his friend, who is from Jalisco are driving together. My parents and I are flying into Guadalajara. My son and his wife will fly in May.
Thanks for the tip!
Angie
adavis
adavis

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Angie, have you gotten the contract from Laguna Realty yet? You often have to follow up a few times, after all, this is Mexico hee hee.

merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by adavis Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 am

Hi,
Finally contacted them. We're arriving April 28th but it was never resolved on how we get into the house. I'm assuming we just show up. Very Happy Learning to go with the flow.
Angie
adavis
adavis

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:15 am

Well... you still have plenty of time to find out how to get the key. I've arrived at the airport before, taxied to Chapala, then spent many hours waiting to meet up with a landlord dragging my luggage behind me. Of course I waited at a restaurant and had a few very tasty margaritas, that was nice, but the dragging-the-luggage part was tough.

Often if you ask, a landlord will arrange for a neighbor to have a key, or put it under a flowerpot, or even leave the door unlocked if it will be a brief time. I say, trust but verify. :-)

merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum