INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROAD CONSTRUCTION BETWEEN GUADALAJARA AND NOGALES?

5 posters

Go down

ROAD CONSTRUCTION BETWEEN GUADALAJARA AND NOGALES? Empty ROAD CONSTRUCTION BETWEEN GUADALAJARA AND NOGALES?

Post by Jim W Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:20 am

Has anyone made the trip over the past few weeks? Any construction delay issues? Can anyone recommend a hotel in Cuidad Obregon?

TIA....Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

ROAD CONSTRUCTION BETWEEN GUADALAJARA AND NOGALES? Empty Re: ROAD CONSTRUCTION BETWEEN GUADALAJARA AND NOGALES?

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 am

Why stay in Cuidad Obregon? Just curious... Aren't you going to Casa Grande AZ?

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

ROAD CONSTRUCTION BETWEEN GUADALAJARA AND NOGALES? Empty Re: ROAD CONSTRUCTION BETWEEN GUADALAJARA AND NOGALES?

Post by cosalamx Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 am

We drove the route early January. There were quite a few areas under construction, particularly between Hermosillo and Nogales, but not much delay.

We stayed at Cuidad Obregon at the Hotel Valle Grande, which was the Holiday Inn a few years ago. The rooms are fine, but we don't recommend the restaurant.

cosalamx

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 am

There are some nice spots in San Carlos. Take a couple of days, stop in Mazatlan then wander along to San Carlos and it's an easy trip to the border. Just a suggestion.
Have a good trip.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:57 am

E-raq wrote:There are some nice spots in San Carlos. Take a couple of days, stop in Mazatlan then wander along to San Carlos and it's an easy trip to the border. Just a suggestion.
Have a good trip.

Exactly!!! That is more or less what I would do!! Very Happy
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:
E-raq wrote:There are some nice spots in San Carlos. Take a couple of days, stop in Mazatlan then wander along to San Carlos and it's an easy trip to the border. Just a suggestion.
Have a good trip.

Resturant across from Best Western in San Carlos is a winner with a beautiful ocean view,
good drinks and excellent food.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by cosalamx Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Given that Jim makes this trip every couple of months, I suspect he has little interest in sightseeing along the way.

cosalamx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:57 pm

cosalamx wrote:Given that Jim makes this trip every couple of months, I suspect he has little interest in sightseeing along the way.

Thanks cosalamx, I am probably the worst sightseer, this being my 6th trip over the past 18 months ROAD CONSTRUCTION BETWEEN GUADALAJARA AND NOGALES? 851398 We leave around 4 am, the 28th haul ass thru GDL......make it to Cuidad Obregon by 5 PM with any luck. Depart for Casa Grande around 4:30 AM, the 1st, hopefully clear US Customs by noon. Smokealot
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:07 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:
Have a good trip.

Thank you BOTH, plus Zed, for a great suggestion....time for us to enjoy a trip NOB....this will be my first take it EZ trip in 2 years...Thanks Again....Wife Deb deserves it! Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down