INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday

+10
Zedinmexico
slainte39
CheenaGringo
Jim W
borderreiver
hockables
quiltbugj
viajero
conbtrarian
joec
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday Empty BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday

Post by joec Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 am

Eight of us from our Monthly Dinner group went to Bruno's restaurant for my Birthday tonight. We were there at 4:00 PM and no one else was there, until they started arriving around 5:00 PM. We ordered our drinks, had time to talk before they took our orders. They brought Bruno's famous Romaine lettuce salad with a creamy dressing and pine nuts on top. Always crispy and delicious.

We ordered different Filet Mignons, some ordered the Baseball Filet (140 pesos) and others ordered the Ladie's Filet (125 pesos), a slightly smaller version. They were ordered with different ways of doneness and cooked to perfection. The meals come with a huge Baked Potato loaded with butter and a buttered ear of corn. Sour cream on the side. You can substitute French fries for the baked potato. One person ordered the Salmon which is always very moist. It had parmesan cheese on top.

My Filet was so tender that you could have cut it with a fork. We all enjoyed our meals as usual. Bruno's has been serving fine food for many, many years and I believe is the second oldest restaurant in Ajijic.

Many of us ordered desserts. I had a Hot Fudge Sunday that came with a candle on top. The waitstaff came out to sing Happy Birthday. Strangely enough a woman from another table came over and said it was her birthday too!

Everyone made my Birthday a very happy one to celebrate. We highly recommend BRUNO'S restaurant.

BRUNO'S Restaurant - Open Friday to Tuesday - 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM
Make reservations on weekends - 766 1674

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday Empty Re: BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday

Post by conbtrarian Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:13 pm

"Many of us ordered desserts. I had a Hot Fudge Sunday that came with a candle on top."
I've eaten at Bruno's. I'll bet the candle was the best tasting part of your meal.
This gang-banging selected Ajijic restaurants to hype their appeal is shameful.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday Empty Re: BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - John's Birthday

Post by viajero Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:19 pm

conbtrarian wrote:"Many of us ordered desserts. I had a Hot Fudge Sunday that came with a candle on top."
I've eaten at Bruno's. I'll bet the candle was the best tasting part of your meal.
Gang-banging?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Yeh, swarming.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Happy Birthday, John!
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Typical Ajijic, hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:29 pm

conbtrarian wrote:Yeh, swarming.

So... U should stay home.... I promise, nobody'll give a shit.

Brunos serves up one of the finest steaks Lakeside... U don't like em... Eat yer Candle... snork

razberry
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:30 pm

conbtrarian wrote:"Many of us ordered desserts. I had a Hot Fudge Sunday that came with a candle on top."

Looks like you're going to be a swell member of this forum making such ridiculous statemets. The only thing shameful is your comments.

Some of us like to hype the "good" restaurants because they deserve praise and more business from working hard to please and serving good food compared to those that wouldn't matter if they went out of business. But you wouldn't know this coz your new here.

Why does a perfectly good post turn into idiotic comments like his??

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:35 pm

I've been here 11 years. And you?

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:41 pm

I found lunch/comida to be the best deal @ Bruno's. Why pay full whack for basically the same deal ? Where else can I satisfy my occasional "liver and onions" craving ?
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:43 pm

I smell a Troll....at best NEWBIE with an attitude! Shit stirring
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:50 pm

You smell what you are. I'm simply commenting on the restaurant scene here, where the majority aspire to mediocrity and fall short.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm

conbtrarian wrote:You smell what you are. I'm simply commenting on the restaurant scene here, where the majority aspire to mediocrity and fall short.

You write well... It's a shame you know not of what you speak.

The swarms are multipurpose... they provide for an opportunity to get out and meet fellow board members, to try new establishments some might have otherwise missed, and a chance to support some of the local businesses durning hard times....

While I'll admit some meals I've had wouldn't rate much more than 2 - 3 stars there are still some Jems out there....

And I happen to like Bruno's razberry
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 pm

One has to be pretty desperate for attention to make a post attempting to draw attention to their birthday!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:One has to be pretty desperate for attention to make a post attempting to draw attention to their birthday!

I'm NOT desparate for attention, but it looks like you certainly are. Can't you make any positive comments? Guess not. You are and always will be the sarcastic SOB that you are until you die. Keep it up, we wouldn't know what else to expect from you. Shit stirring

Last edited by joec on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:31 pm

conbtrarian wrote:I've been here 11 years. And you?

TROLL ALERT!!!

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm

It took you 11 years to start trashing Brunos? What is your hidden agenda, conbtrarian? Shocked
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Jim:

You might look back in the annals of john bashing Bruno's over food poisoning of his exclusive dinner group!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:20 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Jim:

You might look back in the annals of john bashing Bruno's over food poisoning of his exclusive dinner group!

Hi Neil, long time no speak.....I never go back over past garbage, as I can barely carry my own...LOL! Don't know Joec..LOL past history with Brunos, found combative statement from conbtrarian regarding Brunos offensive! Personally think he is way out of line, for his trashing Brunos, but, respect the opinion!

Am I supposed to believe that "conbtrarian" has been carrying this anger toward John for 11 years? Or that "conbtrarian" has been in the closet for 11 years regarding restaurants at lakeside? WOW, think I will stick to golf, fishing or sex....new issue....My golf/sex drive has turned into more of a PUTT!...of late LOL...Have a good night Neil!

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:39 am

JimW - You're TFF.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:39 am

You mean....on this planet....as 11 years equates, at least, to your mental age.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:19 am

I had bad meals in the past at Bruno's and have said so. Things have changed . They personally wrote me and apologized for my food problems. I have
not heard anything bad about Bruno's lately. It is time to let go of our past opinions and try it again.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:20 am

Happy Birthday John!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:57 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Happy Birthday John!!

Z

Thanks Z. 69 y/o and not looking forward to 70.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:20 am

CheenaGringo wrote:One has to be pretty desperate for attention to make a post attempting to draw attention to their birthday!

Cheena, tread carefully. JoeC says he has eight friends!

-m.

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next