INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email money transfers

+11
hockables
CheenaGringo
slainte39
cane
brigitte
lucky
DonPito
Grizzy
ferret
sparks
ComputerGuy
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Email money transfers Empty Email money transfers

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:26 pm

I'm getting bogged down in bureaucracatic hell again, trying to get a simple Western Union delivery. The sender chose WU because he had no idea what I meant by "Email money transfer", and neither apparently did his bank.

I couldn't believe that sending money by email (also known as "electronic funds transfer") is exclusive to Canadian banks, so I took just a quick look at BofA and they certainly offer it. I'm guessing there was a communication problem between the fellow and the bank.

Some of you folks here must have done it, no?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Email money transfers Empty Re: Email money transfers

Post by sparks Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Just have to setup 'Bill Pay' ahead of time and then send it to whomever. I used to pay normal bills and to send money to my PayPal account.

I think I've heard that Canada has a slightly different system
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:10 pm

We send an e-mail transfer to one of our kids at Christmas. Works like a charm for me. We get a thank you note back in under an hour.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm

I have used email money transfers for a decade through my Canadian Bank. I have never known anyone not from Canada or Europe who knows about them. I figured the US didn't have them since no one from the country seems aware of them.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPito Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:35 pm

If you say "e-mail funds transfer" no one there would know what the heck you are talking about. Americans and their banks call these transfers "electronic funds transfers", or "wire transfers". They typically charge $35-$50 for an international wire transfer and some now refuse to send wires to Mexican banks because of their money laundering rules.

For transfers to someone's US bank account, Dwolla is the future. Transfers from a cellphone/e-mail/credit card to someone's bank account, all for 25 cents.

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Helper Guy, slightly off topic, but i've been trying to pick up a money "wire" delivery from western union for three days and the bank keeps telling me "no hay." have you gotten your money from western union and, if so, where did you go to get it? i've been going to Banamex in joco, without success.

thanks!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Go to a Western Union office with your number.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:19 pm

DonPito wrote: If you say "e-mail funds transfer" no one there would know what the heck you are talking about. Americans and their banks call these transfers "electronic funds transfers", or "wire transfers". They typically charge $35-$50 for an international wire transfer and some now refuse to send wires to Mexican banks because of their money laundering rules.

For transfers to someone's US bank account, Dwolla is the future. Transfers from a cellphone/e-mail/credit card to someone's bank account, all for 25 cents.

These are actually different than wire transfers and are much much cheaper, faster and easier to send online. As I said in my first post, it appears they are not available in the US or not well known.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:26 pm

brigitte wrote:Go to a Western Union office with your number.

Brigitte, i did go to a western union "office" (i.e. Banamex in Joco) with my number, but they keep telling me "no hay."

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 pm

lucky wrote:Helper Guy, slightly off topic, but i've been trying to pick up a money "wire" delivery from western union for three days and the bank keeps telling me "no hay." have you gotten your money from western union and, if so, where did you go to get it? i've been going to Banamex in joco, without success.

thanks!

There seem to be as many Western Union places in (each town) in Mexico as pubs in Ireland.

The sender should, would, could, tell you which one.

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:56 pm

Cane, the e-mail that my friend got back from Western Union after he wired the money said, basically, "go to any western union location in Mexico to pick up the funds." i'll just have to try another one....or two, or three, i guess....to get the money!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:51 pm

I was told the same: any Western Union in Mexico. There is one at Farmacia Guadalajara in Los Redes, and one at the corner of Hidalgo and the Plaza. I went there and was told, with my number, to go to Banamex. No explanation that I could decipher. In Banamex there are no signs, but I finally found a guy who told me to go to any cashier.

I've been twice and the lineups have been out the door. I can wait, because I'm pretty sure they'll tell me "no hay" too. I will report.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 am

cane wrote:

There seem to be as many Western Union places in (each town) in Mexico as pubs in Ireland.

LOL...that's apples to oranges.
There are over 11,000 pubs in Ireland in a country of 4 million people that is smaller than the State of Jalisco.
Now projected out to Mexico's size and population...how many Western Union locations would that be? lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 am

Speaking of pubs in Ireland - did anyone else catch the news story about a month ago about the rural residents of Ireland becoming overly depressed because the drunk driving laws were preventing them from partaking at their favorite pubs? Discussions were underway to come up with a special driver permit for rural residents which would allow them to go to town, visit their favorite pub and then drive home under the influence. The hiccup was determining an allowable level of being under the influence.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:16 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Speaking of pubs in Ireland - did anyone else catch the news story about a month ago about the rural residents of Ireland becoming overly depressed because the drunk driving laws were preventing them from partaking at their favorite pubs? Discussions were underway to come up with a special driver permit for rural residents which would allow them to go to town, visit their favorite pub and then drive home under the influence. The hiccup was determining an allowable level of being under the influence.

You are absolutely correct Neil about this movement to save the rural pubs. The pushback is coming from the nocturnal road hugging sheep, that number about 50 million....they run the country. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Speaking of pubs in Ireland - did anyone else catch the news story about a month ago about the rural residents of Ireland becoming overly depressed because the drunk driving laws were preventing them from partaking at their favorite pubs? Discussions were underway to come up with a special driver permit for rural residents which would allow them to go to town, visit their favorite pub and then drive home under the influence. The hiccup was determining an allowable level of being under the influence.

U can't fault an Irishman for Driving Drunk if it's To Far To Walk

Fair Is Fair
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:07 am

hockables wrote:

Fair Is Fair

You can't fault a Paddy for being drunk......PERIOD!!!...now go back to your turnip truck, Hox. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:32 pm

slainte39 wrote:
hockables wrote:

Fair Is Fair

You can't fault a Paddy for being drunk......PERIOD!!!...now go back to your turnip truck, Hox. lol!

Did I ever tell U what happened to me when we returned from Canada in December?
Those fellas at the Aeropuerto took my Turnips!!

I brought back 4 Rutabagas and they took em!! Pricks!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 pm

slainte39 wrote:
cane wrote:

There are over 11,000 pubs in Ireland in a country of 4 million people that is smaller than the State of Jalisco.
Now projected out to Mexico's size and population...how many Western Union locations would that be? lol!

There are over 18,000 Western Union outlets in Mexico. ¿How many is that per TOWN ?

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:04 pm

cane wrote:There seem to be as many Western Union places in (each town) in Mexico as pubs in Ireland. The sender should, would, could, tell you which one.
Cane, beware saying anything about Ireland when Slainte is around...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:06 pm

There are over 18,000 Western Union outlets in Mexico. ¿How many is that per TOWN ?
... and I still can't get my money from one?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:03 pm

cane wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
cane wrote:

Well, I'll take the place with the pubs over the Western Union outlets. Of course, if I stay in the pub too long, I might be looking for a Western Union. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:18 pm

HelperGuy wrote:
... and I still can't get my money from one?

HelperGuy, surely the sender got some sort of piece of paper or email confirmation, that they can forward to you so you can SHOW them the confirmation number?

I've found a lot of times with tellers they say no hay, or no because they can't understand the cuenta account number or something and are too embarrassed to ask you to repeat it over and over (it's actually a politeness thing like giving you the wrong directions rather than disappoint you that they don't know where such and such is). But if they SEE a piece of paper it magically appears.

HTH!
-m.

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Yep, showed them the paper with the number... I know the politeness of which you speak; I don't think it's that.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:06 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Yep, showed them the paper with the number... I know the politeness of which you speak; I don't think it's that.

DANG, HelperGuy! Then it's time to pull out the big guns!

I just don't know what they are in this case.

merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next