INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you know your gardener might be using Methyl Parathion?

4 posters

Go down

Do you know your gardener might be using Methyl Parathion? Empty Do you know your gardener might be using Methyl Parathion?

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:59 am

Hi

Kinda wondered what that white powder the gardeners spread to kill the leaf cutter ants. Well mine was using Methyl Parathion powder directly on the ground. Well google it and decide if you want it on your property. I translated the chemical information into spanish and bought him a respirator (not
a 3m mask won't help) and a sprayer and some long latex chemical gloves. I believe this is a banned chemical in the US. I am most concerned about
using the chemical power directly on the ground where it can be spread. A water solution should be contained in a small area I believe. My chemical
info is too old but I remember the name 40 years ago. I think we used the same chemical to kill squash bugs up north and I was in a full chemical suit
respirator and they rinsed the tractor off and collected the water after I was done.

Any pesticide or chemical folks here to check up on what I am saying.

Do we have a problem here?? I think yes. After my Gardener read the instructions in spanish he is much more careful. He had no idea what he was using.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Do you know your gardener might be using Methyl Parathion? Empty Re: Do you know your gardener might be using Methyl Parathion?

Post by gringal Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:40 am

Is this sold in Mexico under the name "Patron"?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Do you know your gardener might be using Methyl Parathion? Empty Re: Do you know your gardener might be using Methyl Parathion?

Post by Bill Phillips Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:44 am

I found this information on the internet:
(http://dtodo.com.mx/tienda/product_info.php?products_id=138&osCsid=df31c92294916aba4f669ff87b1d7afa)

Ultra Patron
Model: Patron 300gr
Presentation: 300g
Brand: FMC
Description: It is an insecticide pellets, for urban use, its active ingredient is imidacloprid. It acts by contact and ingestion. Ultra Patron bait is an insecticide belonging to the chemical group of chloronicotinyl.It is recommended to control the carrier ant or cutter. It may be used for gardens and / or recreational areas. The ant's food is contaminated with the bait without being detected. It acts on the metabolic system of ants, blocking the production of energy, causing the death of the colony.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Here is a good one. Methyl Parathion breaks down like roundup in a few days in
the sun. Inside your house it take much much longer. This is why it is an outside chemical.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Given the problems these days, I think you would be best be sure your gardener is not using just plain `Meth`` Very Happy
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:39 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Given the problems these days, I think you would be best be sure your gardener is not using just plain `Meth`` Very Happy

Good point.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down