INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kindles - Nooks - Kobos - etc

2 posters

Go down

Kindles - Nooks - Kobos - etc Empty Kindles - Nooks - Kobos - etc

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:35 pm

I've been using a Kindle for a while now; recently picked up a Paperwhite for my girlfriend. She absolutely loves the "lit up" aspect, and I must say after trying hers, I really want a lighted ereader too.

But I've never been happy with the lousy interface software that Amazon provides for the basic Kindles; it's like an afterthought. The PaperWhite is better, in that instead of just showing a list of your books (imagine trying to find one in 3,000 while looking through a list that only shows a dozen titles at a time), it recreates the covers. But that's not enough for me.

So I ordered a B&N Nook (yes, recent reports say their sales went way down over Christmas and they are going to focus on books instead of ereaders). Their interface shows the book you are reading, with the page you're on and the number of pages left (as well as books on their store, or your library). I'll now be able to compare the Kindle and the Nook and determine what I'll be looking for in future.

Colour ereaders are not up to snuff yet: they are backlit like laptops, which is hard on the eyes. I know for certain that the companies in Korea that create the ereader hardware have, coming up--not only flexible, 8.5 x 11 pages for things like mags and sheet music), but also, colour e-ink, which will be as good on the eyes as the black e-ink. Now, that will be the day.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Kindles - Nooks - Kobos - etc Empty Re: Kindles - Nooks - Kobos - etc

Post by mattoleriver Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:29 pm

HelperGuy wrote:She absolutely loves the "lit up" aspect, and I must say after trying hers, I really want a lighted ereader too.
My Touch is only a little over a year old and I'm still pretty happy with it. Even though I'm not thinking of buying I have been wondering how the Paperwhite is under bright sunlight? Is the Paperwhite as good/better under bright sunlight?

George
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 pm

It's a little better: still no glare, and the frontlight maintains its own.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum