INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How High Can a House Go

+2
gringal
mouseketeer
6 posters

Go down

How High Can a House Go Empty How High Can a House Go

Post by mouseketeer Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:01 am

Is it true that houses are only to be two stories high in Ajijic? If so, how is it there is a third story building boom in Ajijic? Is the realtor who lives on 16 de Septiembre driving this madness? New development on Constitution; developer says two stories with mirador. BUT first floor is a garage and then 2 more floors and then a mirador. So, is the garage the ground floor with 2 floors of living space which translates to two floors? And, if all these projects violate local "law" is there anything one can do about it? And, they are UGLY to boot. Que paso? Anyone know how these realtors are getting away with this?

mouseketeer

Back to top Go down

How High Can a House Go Empty Re: How High Can a House Go

Post by gringal Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:17 am

It was also my understanding that there was a two floor plus mirador limit, but then the 3 story units started popping up. In fact, one of them was being advertised as having plans for a three story unit included with the sale. We reported that one to the authorities in Chapala. They sent out people who checked on it and told them they couldn't go higher, so they stopped at the mirador. That was over two years ago.
On the same street, the question arises of "what is a mirador" when you see what has recently been erected across from LCS. In the next block, there is currently a flat out three story structure being built, and near La Bodega is a large house with a third story under construction in plain sight.

What gives? I have no idea.

Last edited by gringal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:18 am

Please do not publish actual names. Send a PM.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:24 am

mouseketeer wrote:Is it true that houses are only to be two stories high in Ajijic? If so, how is it there is a third story building boom in Ajijic? Is the realtor who lives on 16 de Septiembre driving this madness? New development on Constitution; developer says two stories with mirador. BUT first floor is a garage and then 2 more floors and then a mirador. So, is the garage the ground floor with 2 floors of living space which translates to two floors? And, if all these projects violate local "law" is there anything one can do about it? And, they are UGLY to boot. Que paso? Anyone know how these realtors are getting away with this?

Report them to the Municipal Authorities in Chapala. It's totally ridiculous that they will allow 3 stories in the Village and block anyone's view thus destroying property values.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:28 am

The house across from LCS has an illegal balcony extending out over the street as well as a number of other questionable matters. I heard that this was reported to the authorities, but so far, it's still there, and the structure is up for sale.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:30 am

gringal wrote:The house across from LCS has an illegal balcony extending out over the street as well as a number of other questionable matters. I heard that this was reported to the authorities, but so far, it's still there, and the structure is up for sale.

That house is a POS. Good luck selling it. I watched it being built and drive by it every Thursday taking my maid home.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:44 am

I watched it being built and you're absolutely right, Joec. It was bad enough, but adding the doolybop decor and the crucifix went right over the top.
Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:02 am

If you want to see another travesty, go on up to San Juan de las Colinas and look what they did to the half dozen or so houses on the south side of the street.
Those poor folks built and bought with an empty lot just below them.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 am

Trailrunner wrote:If you want to see another travesty, go on up to San Juan de las Colinas and look what they did to the half dozen or so houses on the south side of the street.
Those poor folks built and bought with an empty lot just below them.

NEVER buy with an empty lot below unless you buy that lot. That's what happens when you don't buy in a Gated Community where no one can block your view.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 am

John. It's a (semi) gated community.
The lot below is not.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 am

I live on a steep hill and my house is built with parking below, my house with two levels and a mirador above that. The hill is so steep that I would have to go up several more stories to block anyone's view were they to build in the campo or mountain fields above me.

Just to the West of me are three story condos. Only the top story and the mirador are at the upper street level. So from the uphill side it only looks like the 3 story structure has only one story.

So I guess it all depends upon the topography in relationship to the structure.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down