INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow.. My Day Is Great!

4 posters

Go down

Wow.. My Day Is Great! Empty Wow.. My Day Is Great!

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:32 am

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/9451542/the-general-forum/most-horrifying-driving-story-ive-ever-heard/index.html#9377881#ixzz2MiGpuw00

Jim are you paying attention???
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Wow.. My Day Is Great! Empty Re: Wow.. My Day Is Great!

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:43 am

The tarantula hawk has the 2nd most painful sting of any bug in the world. The pain is so excruciating that you basically shut down which matches up with the story.

The tarantula hawk’s sting, Schmidt has been quoted as saying, feels like “a running hair dryer has just been dropped into your bubble bath.” However, for sheer aggregation of misery he rates the sting of the bullet ant slightly higher. Whereas the sting of the tarantula hawk fades after two to five minutes, the “pure, intense, brilliant pain” of the bullet ant remains at full strength for one to four hours and can linger for 12 hours.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 am

espíritu del lago wrote:http://forums.motortrend.com/70/9451542/the-general-forum/most-horrifying-driving-story-ive-ever-heard/index.html#9377881#ixzz2MiGpuw00

Jim are you paying attention???

Gotta agree espiritu.........That's a really bad day! Wow.. My Day Is Great! 968748
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:59 am

We have a very pretty critter here called the "Red Velvet Ant". Nicknamed "cow killer"...that's how bad it hurts. I caught one in a jar one day and was surprised to hear it buzzing. Looked it up and sure 'nuff it's actually a wingless wasp. This critter won't kill you...it will just feel like it.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Along similar lines:

"Gallinippers! Monster mosquitoes poised to strike Florida":

"One of the most ferocious insects you've ever heard of — it's the size of a quarter and its painful bite has been compared to being knifed — is set to invade Florida this summer.

The Sunshine State, already home to man-eating sinkholes, invading Burmese pythons, swarming sharks, tropical storms and other disasters, can expect to see an explosion of shaggy-haired gallinippers (Psorophora ciliata), a type of giant mosquito, according to entomologist Phil Kaufman of the University of Florida........

[img]Wow.. My Day Is Great! Images10[/img]

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/09/17249991-gallinippers-monster-mosquitoes-poised-to-strike-florida?lite

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down