INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toronto Yorkdale Mall Shooting!

+2
jackak10
Guiness
6 posters

Go down

Toronto Yorkdale Mall Shooting! Empty Toronto Yorkdale Mall Shooting!

Post by Guiness Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:11 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/03/30/canada-toronto-yorkdale-mall-homicide.html

Well, it appears as though Toronto is having its share of problems as well.
Good Grief!
Terrible.

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Toronto Yorkdale Mall Shooting! Empty Re: Toronto Yorkdale Mall Shooting!

Post by jackak10 Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:40 am

Guiness wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/03/30/canada-toronto-yorkdale-mall-homicide.html

Well, it appears as though Toronto is having its share of problems as well.
Good Grief!
Terrible.
Beneath the calm surface of this post I see a murky undercurrent. "See, there's violence in Canada, too! So we should not fret about murders, kidnappings, robberies, break-ins, etc. here".

Funny, I've never thought of Toronto being the peaceful, small town, spend your golden years peaceful in Paradise kind of place, so it's hard for me to see the comparison inferred here.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Indeed. One shot dead and one injured, and it makes the international news. Here in the peaceful retirement community of Lakeside, we'd hardly bat an eye. Some of us wouldn't even hear about it, and others would simply deny it happened, and quite a few would declare that it has no significance for "us" anyway.

Yes, there's violence everywhere, but I have never, and I mean never, lived in a place where the violence is on the scale, brutality and apparent randomness as it is here.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Traveller wrote:Indeed. One shot dead and one injured, and it makes the international news. Here in the peaceful retirement community of Lakeside, we'd hardly bat an eye. Some of us wouldn't even hear about it, and others would simply deny it happened, and quite a few would declare that it has no significance for "us" anyway.

Yes, there's violence everywhere, but I have never, and I mean never, lived in a place where the violence is on the scale, brutality and apparent randomness as it is here.
Thank you. I expected to be roundly flamed for even mentioning that Mexico, and unfortunately Lakeside, is populated by criminals of all sort. And increasingly violent. And if (when) the Guadalajara "Mafia" decides to make Chapala its official vacation destination you can kiss your peace goodbye.

So again, thank you. I'll have someone to share the heat from the flames with.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:17 pm

jackak10 wrote: And if (when) the Guadalajara "Mafia" decides to make Chapala its official vacation destination you can kiss your peace goodbye.
The Guadalajara Mafia? Rolling Eyes

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:25 pm

So one gang shooting in Toronto makes the news..what does that prove? It proves that is is unusual or like here it would not make the news.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:57 pm

brigitte wrote:So one gang shooting in Toronto makes the news..what does that prove? It proves that it is unusual or like here it would not make the news.
I think you have made my point. Shootings in Chapala are common enough to not make the news. So this is Paradise?

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:58 pm

viajero wrote:
jackak10 wrote: And if (when) the Guadalajara "Mafia" decides to make Chapala its official vacation destination you can kiss your peace goodbye.
Yes. That is of course their unofficial name, but people in GDL know about them well. Drugs, violence, and willing to do anything to get what they want.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:50 pm

jackak10 wrote:
viajero wrote:
Yes. That is of course their unofficial name, but people in GDL know about them well. Drugs, violence, and willing to do anything to get what they want.
Are you sure you're not confusing them with the Zapopan Mafia?Those are the guys you really have to watch out for.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:18 pm

viajero wrote:
jackak10 wrote:
viajero wrote:
Are you sure you're not confusing them with the Zapopan Mafia?Those are the guys you really have to watch out for.
Could be. It's like New York/New Jersey but with nicer clothes. Toronto Yorkdale Mall Shooting! 477249

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Toronto Yorkdale Mall Shooting! Empty Toronto seized around 500 kilograms of heroin, shown here,

Post by arbon Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:48 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/03/31/heroin-bust-warship.html
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:43 am

arbon wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/03/31/heroin-bust-warship.html
Uuuh, the news story is about a Navy ship that happens to be named "Toronto" that grabbed a bunch of drugs from someone in the Indian Ocean. I think this veers pretty far from the point of this thread. Or maybe it's a joke. I must have missed something here.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:06 am

Do not worry , it is April 1 and Arbon´sense of humor usually goes way over everyone+s head.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down