INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centro Medico...places to stay

4 posters

Go down

Centro Medico...places to stay Empty Centro Medico...places to stay

Post by lucky Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:44 pm

In the near future, I'll be having to go to Centro Medico five times a week for five weeks for radiation treatments for breast cancer. I really don't relish having to commute from my rental place in Joco, and I really don't have much money.

Does anyone know of a really cheap place to stay near Centro Medico and/or an inexpensive place for long-term secured parking while I'm up there?

Thanks!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Centro Medico...places to stay Empty Re: Centro Medico...places to stay

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:37 pm

It is common for areas near hospitals to rent small cheap rooms for medical interns that need to come and go. Look for signs, and ask if they would rent to you.

Second, there are places (again you will just have to look or ask) that offer a place to poor pregnant women who come from outside GDL and need a place to stay a few days before they go into labor.

Parking, I do not think there is anything that cheap except the street, although there are parking lots that charge by month. I paid about 400mxn for a month in front of IMSS 110, but that was a long time ago. Not sure about Centro Medico.

Last edited by Dr. Sam Thelin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:57 pm

When our friend was is in the Hospital Civil, Deb took the express bus to GDL, and took taxi to Hospital. Cheaper and far less stressful.....Hope all works out Lucky!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:00 am

Thanks for the responses.

Dr. Sam, i will look into the options that you suggested when i go to Centro Medico later this week to make my appointments.

Jim W., i will look into the bus idea, but, honestly, the idea of a three or four hour commute every day for 25 days doesn't appeal!

Thanks again!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Lucky, Just a piece of advice from another br cancer survivor: Radiation can cause extreme fatigue - mine hit the 3rd week in. I started acupuncture at the 2nd week and started 2x/wk when the fatigue hit - I was only out of commission for one day.

I think you're "revolution" girl, yes! You are in our prayers.
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down