INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip Replacement!!Need referrals/advice

4 posters

Go down

Hip Replacement!!Need referrals/advice Empty Hip Replacement!!Need referrals/advice

Post by natbug Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:53 pm

I m reposting this for a friend who can't get into her account (lost her password). I will pass on any and all responses to her ASAP. Thanks in advance for you help.

My husband needs a hip replacement and has heard about the benefits of the 'anterior' approach.

The orthopedic surgeon at the Maskaras clinic does not do this "anterior" procedure and only does about 30 hip replacements per year...not enough in our opinion.

Is there someone who had had this procedure done with positive and quick results that can recommend an orthopedic surgeon, along with his pricing

We were quoted approximately $12,000USD!.

Thanks for any advice.

natbug
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hip Replacement!!Need referrals/advice Empty Re: Hip Replacement!!Need referrals/advice

Post by ferret Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:02 am

Go and see Dr. Lastra. He lined up my hubby's hip replacement surgeon and the surgery went very well. Do NOT have a spinal epidural anaesthetic unless you want him to hear the whole operation...sawing, hammering etc.
It did not cost that much money I can assure you...but it was done in a small hospital not one of the big fancy ones.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hip Replacement!!Need referrals/advice Empty Re: Hip Replacement!!Need referrals/advice

Post by natbug Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:34 am

Where is Dr. Lastra located?

natbug
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:34 am

Dr. Lastra's office is located on Constitucion #75A. Office number is 766-1740 and his cell number is 045-333-676-3515
He was also very good with pain meds up and until the time the hip was replaced. Tell him what kind of procedure you are looking for with regards to the hip and that you want someone with lots of experience. I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction...at least you'll have a second opinion.

Just wanted to add, that the difference in hip replacements in twenty years is amazing. Hubby had the right one done in '92...in the hospital for seven days, excruciating pain, eighteen inch scar and long rehab...in Canada. The left one was was done in September of 2011 in Guadalajara...overnight in the hospital, easy on the pain, eight inch scar and relatively easy rehab. I believe that they no long cut through the muscles but part them to get in there...sure makes a difference in recovery time.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:46 pm

I have a very talented and up to date orthopedic surgeon whom I work with that I highly recommend.

Last week we spent 1 entire week "CLEANING UP" the mess the "TOP" orthopedic surgeon in GDL made with one of my patients. Glad to say my patient will be able to walk in about 1-2 weeks now.

Please email me for more details: chapalamed@gmail.com
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:54 pm

If it were my hip, I'd get a second opinion with the orthopedic surgeon recommended by Dr. Santiago Hernandez (ChapalaMed).

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:34 pm

I agree...even a third or a fourth opinion...until the person is comfortable and confident with the surgeon.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by natbug Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:07 am

Thank you so much for your input, I have sent your comments on to my friend and she appreciates them.

natbug
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down