INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The upside of mordida (as I see it at this moment)

+10
Pedro
confused
seisdedos
cosalamx
viajero
brigitte
CheenaGringo
Trailrunner
Jim W
Talosian
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The upside of mordida (as I see it at this moment) - Page 2 Empty Re: The upside of mordida (as I see it at this moment)

Post by Trailrunner Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:32 am

I will do that, it will be fun!

Fifty pesos! More like 500 from foreigners. Fifty pesos is a deal and more like what the ticket would actually cost with discount. So, transito department gets the cash instead of the city. Can't be any surprise to the city that this is how the system works. . .must be the way they want it.

Ok, I'll amend my comment: If you live here, don't pay mordida! You will be branded as a chump and targeted everytime they see your car as someone who pays.

I haven't paid mordida since the first time I was stopped here at the WM intersection in 2004. I've been stopped maybe a couple of times since and refused to pay, eventually they give up.

Just remembered, PV has predator transitos too! Beware the Nayarit/Jalisco/Rio Ameca bridge area.

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The upside of mordida (as I see it at this moment) - Page 2 Empty Re: The upside of mordida (as I see it at this moment)

Post by Pedro Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:59 am

Trailrunner wrote:I will do that, it will be fun!

Fifty pesos! More like 500 from foreigners. Fifty pesos is a deal and more like what the ticket would actually cost with discount. So, transito department gets the cash instead of the city. Can't be any surprise to the city that this is how the system works. . .must be the way they want it.

Ok, I'll amend my comment: If you live here, don't pay mordida! You will be branded as a chump and targeted everytime they see your car as someone who pays.

I haven't paid mordida since the first time I was stopped here at the WM intersection in 2004. I've been stopped maybe a couple of times since and refused to pay, eventually they give up.

Just remembered, PV has predator transitos too! Beware the Nayarit/Jalisco/Rio Ameca bridge area.
read my lips for the umpteenth time-vialidad/transitos are state wherever you go. the tickets are paid to the state not to the municipality where you reside. how long have you lived here?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Read my lips for the umpteenth time-vialidad/transitos are state wherever you go. the tickets are paid to the state not to the municipality where you reside. how long have you lived here?[/quote]

The first thing you must learn if endeavoring to read the mouthings of a moron is how to spell, DUH as uttered through the lips of a cretin from the frozen tundra mouthing inanities.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:52 pm

I see $50 mentioned; I thought the minimum was $100.

Of course, between a choice of $50 and $0.00, my math says $50 is the greater sum. Maybe I'll try that next time.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:59 pm

hound dog wrote:Read my lips for the umpteenth time-vialidad/transitos are state wherever you go. the tickets are paid to the state not to the municipality where you reside. how long have you lived here?

[/quote]The first thing you must learn if endeavoring to read the mouthings of a moron is how to spell, DUH as uttered through the lips of a cretin from the frozen tundra mouthing inanities. [/quote]

Peter must have said something. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:29 pm

hound dog wrote:Read my lips for the umpteenth time-vialidad/transitos are state wherever you go. the tickets are paid to the state not to the municipality where you reside. how long have you lived here?

The first thing you must learn if endeavoring to read the mouthings of a moron is how to spell, DUH as uttered through the lips of a cretin from the frozen tundra mouthing inanities. [/quote]
at least my inanities aren't in the form of a book with addendumbs about where i was raised, where i worked as a bank employee and all kinds of hogwash unrelated to the topc at hand-eh!
what you quoted me as saying is gospel and anyone who has lived here any length of time would know this,is all.
yes, i said something.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:37 pm

I prefer mordida as a way to get things done fast and not when demanded and it can be a good alternative to incompetence where things never get done, after all in the end people want results, some can't or don't want to pay for results so they must wait.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Responses did go in all directions.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Intercasa wrote:I prefer mordida as a way to get things done fast and not when demanded and it can be a good alternative to incompetence where things never get done, after all in the end people want results, some can't or don't want to pay for results so they must wait.

I am very surprised to see you put that in writing. I have always known you to take the "above that" position least you get a "reputation" in the legal field.

I'm sure there are some (or at least one) person who would be willing and happy to have someone assist in greasing the skids in some legal matters.

We all know how it works, but I would venture to say that 99.9% of "our" experiences have been with traffic; maybe getting a permit for something or a drivers license.

But what do I know; I'm just a stupid, cheap old gringo with no friends.

Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:01 pm

I agree with you Spencer, when I was speaking of mordida I had only the traffic goons in mind.

In terms of greasing palms to make the wheels of business roll smoothly and efficeintly I have no problem with that.

So, I guess I believe in selective mordida. Very Happy
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Intercasa wrote:I prefer mordida as a way to get things done fast and not when demanded and it can be a good alternative to incompetence where things never get done, after all in the end people want results, some can't or don't want to pay for results so they must wait.

This dude certainly found his calling.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Good grief the naivete exhibited in these responses! For years, the greasing of the skids has been SOP in so many countries that it is hardly an issue! I can remember landing in India without the "grease the skids guy" owned by the company being present. What would your reaction have been when customs opened the back of every watch and every camera to record the serial numbers? The royal PITA was when you left the country and had to prove you still had the same in your possession!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:22 pm

seisdedos wrote:

This dude certainly found his calling.
It sounded pretty lawyerly to me.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:02 am

People want results, and at times stuff just gets done right, other times they do it proper because they know you and at times it gets done because you make it worth their while, in the end client gets what they want and you have fewer things to worry about, it is all business and time, some people have lots of time but it is one of the few things in life such as life itself that you cannot buy!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:29 am

But think of all of the billing hours you lose? Oh but wait.......the bribe was probably a little less than what your client was told.

Last edited by seisdedos on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:34 am

seisdedos wrote:But think of all of the billing hours you lose? Oh but wait.......the bribe was probably a little less than what your client was told.

You got proof for that accusation????

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:48 am

Is the payoff desglosado on the factura and is IVA tacked on?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:49 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
seisdedos wrote:But think of all of the billing hours you lose? Oh but wait.......the bribe was probably a little less than what your client was told.

Z

You are truly stupid.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:55 am

seisdedos wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

You are truly stupid.

And you are truly a crappy human again.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:10 am

And you both need to take it to the Octagon IMO
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:12 am

This is the type of thread that should have started out in the Octagon.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 am

As I understand it, the Octagon is for really nasty personal stuff that some people just can't resist posting.

If I was going to attack someone personally, I would either put a note on the thread or send him/her a PM and say I have left a post for him/her in the Octagon.

I believe that would be the better way of doing it rather than clutter up a thread with irrelevant/personal attacks.

IMO of course.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 am

Talosian wrote:As I understand it, the Octagon is for really nasty personal stuff that some people just can't resist posting.

If I was going to attack someone personally, I would either put a note on the thread or send him/her a PM and say I have left a post for him/her in the Octagon.

I believe that would be the better way of doing it rather than clutter up a thread with irrelevant/personal attacks.

IMO of course.

My post about lawyers sharing in the bribe money was completely relevant. That other poster had to start the nonsense because he simply isn't very bright.

Posts with subjects such as this should IMO start in the Octagon.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:31 am

( O _ O )
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2