INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unbelievable

+7
Ms.Thang
Trailrunner
Pedro
hound dog
brigitte
viajero
shana
11 posters

Go down

Unbelievable Empty Unbelievable

Post by shana Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 am

MEXICO, DF. (proceso.com.mx).--The Mexican Office of Attorney General (PGR: Procuraduria General de la Republica) has decided to restrict official reports about organized crime in the country for 12 years, such as the number of cartels, their names and their areas of operation.

The agency headed by Jesus Murillo Karam argues that disclosure of these facts would affect law enforcement strategies (used) to fight organized crime and would, in addition, even risk the lives of criminals themselves, according to Reforma (journal).

Pursuant to the Transparency law, the newspaper requested from the PGR information about the number of cartels that operate in the country, their structure and zones of influence.

However, the PGR argued that, due to the current situation in the country, giving out that information represents a risk to the safety of the persons mentioned in those reports, because different criminal organizations may obtain information that can be used against them, placing their physical integrity, including their lives, at risk.

It adds: "Revealing information presents a clear threat to the development of strategies that are based on said document, in addition to revealing information about the location of persons directly related to organized crime, which represents a risk against their life and physical integrity, when they are directly identifiable and locatable."

The newspaper recalls that during the Felipe Calderon administration, the PGR, the Federal Public Safety Secretariat, the Federal Police and the Army gave detailed information about the principal criminal organizations that were operating in Mexico, the names of their leaders and the areas they controlled.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty Re: Unbelievable

Post by viajero Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 am

The PRI is back.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 am

God forbid we would not want to put the life of the cartel members at risk!

Well they admit publically what they have been doing since they took over, nothing new but pretty incredible when seen on black and white. No one can deny that crimes , cartel etc news are not being reported.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:47 am

That strategey is not unbelievable at all and is typical of law enforcement strategies used around the world for centuries. The only surprising thing is that they announced their strategy in the public media, a sure sign of incompetence. Perhaps the turnip truck is still in the parking lot and you can climb on and hitch a ride back to the Grapes of Wrath shack where Henry Fonda awaits with words of the progress of the revolution.

That tranlsation that the authorities are out to protect the cartel members is a misunderstanding of what was actually said. Wars are started on the basis of such misunderstandings.

Last edited by hound dog on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:07 pm

viajero wrote:The PRI is back.

Perhaps you would prefer the PAN staregy of bellicose posturing by the likes of Calderon who now teaches dunces at Harvard. A posturing that led to virtual anarchy and the deaths of thousands in the wake of internecine warfare anong narcotraficantes encouraged by the ineffectual prancing about of an emporer with no clothes. If one is to survive on this planet, one must share the land with cockroaches kept under some control. If you threaten them too intensely, they can always hide under the refrgerator until you doze off.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:12 pm

hound dog wrote:

Perhaps you would prefer the PAN staregy of bellicose posturing by the likes of Calderon who now teaches dunces at Harvard.
Of course I don't,but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck either.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 pm

viajero wrote:
hound dog wrote:

Perhaps you would prefer the PAN staregy of bellicose posturing by the likes of Calderon who now teaches dunces at Harvard.

My comment was not aimed at you viajero nor anyone else for that matter. The notion that civil strife can be quelled by the lack of infomation as to its existence far predates the current strategy of PRI and it works. I am less likely to feel defensive and riled up in Ajijic if I am uninformed as to civil disorders taking place in the community that might endanger my security.As in some Mad [/i] Magazine spoof on social anarchy, I can go about my businesss in peace with bodies falling down all around me just out out of sight, especially in the bodies are those of Mexicans, and, therefore, out of mind. If, on the other hand. If I am riled by wars and rumors of wars, I might become agitated and started spreading vicious gossip. The Tingens and Pena Nieta understand that this is not good for business and what is good for business is good for us all.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Here's an idea,what if the Mexican government reached an agreement with El Chapo and gave him the"plaza"and they joined forces to wipe out all the other non sanctioned bad guys.

Last edited by viajero on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 pm

he then might even agree to be "taxed" by the gummint-jeje!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:47 pm

viajero wrote:Here's an idea,what if the Mexican government reached an agreement with El Chapo and gave him the"plaza"and they joined forces to wipe out all the other non sacntioned bad guys.

I think they already have. I think that's what we're living.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Trailrunner wrote:
viajero wrote:Here's an idea,what if the Mexican government reached an agreement with El Chapo and gave him the"plaza"and they joined forces to wipe out all the other non sacntioned bad guys.

I think they already have. I think that's what we're living.
Could be..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Kind of like what the Chapala police are doing with the CJNG?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Kind of like what the Chapala police are doing with the CJNG?
where do you get off with that? 6 cops is not the entire chapala police force.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:26 pm

Where did I say the entire police force? I don't believe the entire force is involved...but I do believe it goes beyond those 6 .

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Pedro wrote:
Ms.Thang wrote:Kind of like what the Chapala police are doing with the CJNG?
where do you get off with that? 6 cops is not the entire chapala police force.

No Pedro those were the six who were caught. We don't know good or bad about the rest of the officers and
there leaders. I do know many of the officers are basically honest but some more are probably bad. This is
a very difficult situation. It also looks like the State Troopers went home in Ajijic as planned. All quiet this
morning around LCS which is near where the troopers were stationed. Very nice folks after they understood
the gringoes were not trying to kill them LOL. I think it turned into a nice stay for them as they were very
friendly to folks here after a day or so and the locals fed them well.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:05 pm

I think it is a whole lot more complicated than good cops bad cops. IF it is true that most police heads side on one side or the other , on which side is the Chapala jeffe ? Were the cops just doing what is being done in the department or were they rogue cops?

From which side were the victims? Obviously the wrong side but whose wrong side?

So the State police came had a nice time and off they went, now so and so in X barrio can return from his vacations and it is business as usual.

Zed is right we know nada de nada..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:38 pm

viajero wrote:
hound dog wrote:

Just a little aside levity....
This perception is strictly geographical because, in Ireland where the turnip is haute cuisine, falling off the turnip truck would only cause a donnybrook between people vying for the place. Riders on turnip trucks are held in high esteem as no meal is complete without turnip mash....but you boys go ahead and make fun of the paddys if it makes your day. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty good luck

Post by otrocanuck Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Good Luck in expecting any real changes at the Chapala police station. The new chief can not even get the people who work for him to park properly in the "official vehicle only" parking areas.
Despite being something the police trucks really need the areas marked with official vehicle only signs are always filled with personal vehicles the police drive to and from work. They ignore all the painted curbs, and posted signs. Park in the area a few feet outside the main door and let the official police vehicles look for a place to park anywhere on the street. If they followed the signs they themselves put up it would not only help them park easier but would go far to show the public they follow their own rules.
But then again maybe they feel they are privileged?
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Time will tell with all of this. Historically the PRI chose a criminal group (call them what you may) to coexist with. Since, historically, you can't eradicate the "bad guys" you might as well go to bed with them and reduce/control the mayhem, and, line your pockets. Kinda like Vegas I hope.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:16 pm

[quote="slainte39"]
viajero wrote:
hound dog wrote:

Just a little aside levity....
This perception is strictly geographical because, in Ireland where the turnip is haute cuisine, falling off the turnip truck would only cause a donnybrook between people vying for the place. Riders on turnip trucks are held in high esteem as no meal is complete without turnip mash....but you boys go ahead and make fun of the paddys if it makes your day. Very Happy [/quote]

Turnips, and especially yellow turnips AKA rutabagas, are among Dawgs favorite vegetables but, unfortunately these vegetables are hard (turnips) to impossible (rutabagas) to find in Mexico and compared to turnips and rutabagas grown in northern climes, are almost tasteless when found. The same can be said of such root veggies as parsnips and other savory root veggies since these vegetables need a freezing cold winter climate to develop full flavor and there are few places in Mexico under cultivation where these vegetables attain full flavor. One such place is where we live in Highland Chiapas where some milpas are at over 10,000 feet in altitude so winters are cold enough to grow these veggies in the required conditions. Dawg makes fine North African style stews from Algeria and Tunisia with cous cous using turnips and rutabagas amonng other root vegetables but one would have a tough time doing that with root vegetables available at Lakeside.

Fine whisky and turnips are among the few reasons one would actually wish to live in Ireland. Dawgs ancestors move from England and Scotland to Alabama in the 18th Century and for that I am eternally grateful. I will take the kudzu fields and deep forests of Alabama over the freezing and damp bogs of Britian and Ireland anyday.

ALGERIAN COUS COUS
Lamb shoulder
Turnips and rutabagas
Tomatoes
Carrots
Parsnips
Onions
Garlic
Hot red pepper

Stew this forever and pour over cous cous.

Serve with an Algerian dry rose wine
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:08 am

Dawg, do you like camote del cerro? (not the sweet potato camotes) Being an old spud, turnip, and parsnip guy, I have to say I really find the local camotes very tasty and filling. IMO, the best root around here. No, I'm not a jícama person. Disagree with you on the turnips...I'm always looking for the nabos morados.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down