INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS

+8
slainte39
casi nada
lunateak
Pedro
seisdedos
arbon
hockables
sparks
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS Empty GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS

Post by sparks Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:39 pm

sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS Empty Re: GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS

Post by hockables Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:45 pm

FIRE the Sound Man!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS Empty Re: GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS

Post by arbon Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:46 pm

How did it sound to Sparks and pedro?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:31 pm

arbon wrote:How did it sound to Sparks and pedro?

The plague of message boards is back with his nonsensical ramblings. Go slop the pigs arbon or screw the sheep or whatever you do on that dreary Canadian stump ranch.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Hey ... it's a rare prep session for Bob's birthday party ... and Pedro can't hear as many of you may have noticed
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:13 pm

sparks wrote:Hey ... it's a rare prep session for Bob's birthday party ... and Pedro can't hear as many of you may have noticed

It is a video, ....Âżis there any discernible audio?.

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:03 pm

sparks wrote:Hey ... it's a rare prep session for Bob's birthday party ... and Pedro can't hear as many of you may have noticed
i heard you quite plainly ralphing in my toilet
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Did I make it to the toilet?
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:02 pm

fortunately yes
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:51 am

Aren't they also known as the Traveling Wilbury's?
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:58 am

lunateak wrote:Aren't they also known as the Traveling Wilbury's?

No.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 am

lunateak wrote:Aren't they also known as the Traveling Wilbury's?

I think that was Kris Kristofferson, Johnny Cash, et. al.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:12 am

The Traveling Wilburys (sometimes shortened to the Wilburys) were an English–American supergroup consisting of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison and Tom Petty, accompanied by drummer Jim Keltner. The band recorded two albums in 1988 and 1990, though Orbison died before the second was recorded.

lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:15 am

George was an amazing man who had an ability to collect/connect with other remarkable people.
I miss his genius.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:04 pm

lunateak wrote:The Traveling Wilburys (sometimes shortened to the Wilburys) were an English–American supergroup consisting of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison and Tom Petty, accompanied by drummer Jim Keltner. The band recorded two albums in 1988 and 1990, though Orbison died before the second was recorded.
The band apparently kicked around the idea of replacing Mr. Orbison, but decided the whole thing just wasn't the same anymore. Mo Ostin, head honcho of Warner Bros. records at the time, tells a great story about how it all came together in the first place: Handle Me With Care was a song whipped up at the last minute to be a B-side for George's "This Is Love"; he just happened to have Lynne, Dylan, Petty and Roy in the studio at the time.

My pick for a replacement was always Gene Pitney. He had a different voice, but he had the same power, falsetto, sweetness and roughness, and verve as Roy, perhaps the only pop/crock singer I know who could have pulled it off.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:03 pm

HelperGuy wrote:
lunateak wrote:The Traveling Wilburys (sometimes shortened to the Wilburys) were an English–American supergroup consisting of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison and Tom Petty, accompanied by drummer Jim Keltner. The band recorded two albums in 1988 and 1990, though Orbison died before the second was recorded.
The band apparently kicked around the idea of replacing Mr. Orbison, but decided the whole thing just wasn't the same anymore. Mo Ostin, head honcho of Warner Bros. records at the time, tells a great story about how it all came together in the first place: Handle Me With Care was a song whipped up at the last minute to be a B-side for George's "This Is Love"; he just happened to have Lynne, Dylan, Petty and Roy in the studio at the time.

My pick for a replacement was always Gene Pitney. He had a different voice, but he had the same power, falsetto, sweetness and roughness, and verve as Roy, perhaps the only pop/crock singer I know who could have pulled it off.

Gene Pitney has gotta be 110 by now....

Neil Young woulda been great !!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Sadly, Gene passed away just a few years back in England somewhere.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:28 pm

gene pitney is in the same class as bobby curtola-yecccchhh! how could you even mention his name along with roy orbison!!!!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:29 pm

You are KIDDING me, right? Gene had one of the all-time great voices. I recommend you download a copy of his catalog... he had dozens and dozens of songs. He wrote most of his own material, and he wrote HITS for many, many others (Rolling Stones, Roy Orbison, Bobby Vee, Ricky Nelson and even the legendary Phil Spector). The guy was unstoppable. Just because he had a whole buncha chart-toppers doesn't make him a chump.

And he was an absolute master of the dramatic musical score. He had 16 top 40 hits in the U.S. alone. In 2002, he was inducted into the Rock'N'Roll Hall of Fame. This is not an honour given out lightly. He was an early adopter of multi-tracking in the studio, playing his own instruments, and the backing vocals!

The guy had an amazing voice. You just have to listen. Try Mecca for one. (BTW, I liked all the Bobby's, but you can't put Curtola in this class...)
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:49 pm

I like Gene Pitney but in small doses. My favourite of his is "Liberty Valance".
Roy Orbison I can listen to for hours because his songs don't all sound the same. IMHO, Gene Pitney never achieved the depth of emotion that Roy portrays in nearly all his songs. It's a personal thing...especially if he struck a cord within you. Still "Crying".
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Ah, then you have missed many, many of Gene's songs. Many, many, many.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:13 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Ah, then you have missed many, many of Gene's songs. Many, many, many.
i feel fortunate that i have! yvonne kept an album of his and puts it on just to piss me off-which it does like fingernails on a blackboard
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 pm

ferret wrote:I like Gene Pitney but in small doses. My favourite of his is "Liberty Valance".
Roy Orbison I can listen to for hours because his songs don't all sound the same. IMHO, Gene Pitney never achieved the depth of emotion that Roy portrays in nearly all his songs. It's a personal thing...especially if he struck a cord within you. Still "Crying".

Blue Bayou usta leave me Cry'n... GEORGE HARRISON TOM PETTY ERIC CLAPTON AND FRIENDS 851398 that and look'n for a door or window for escape!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Pedro wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:Ah, then you have missed many, many of Gene's songs. Many, many, many.
i feel fortunate that i have! yvonne kept an album of his and puts it on just to piss me off-which it does like fingernails on a blackboard
Well, you've heard The Word from on high... I can do no more.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:27 pm

Don't remember hearing Orbison sing Blue Bayou...thought it was a Linda Ronstadt song and it didn't do much for me either. Kinda like howlin' at the moon.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next