INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What To Bring

5 posters

Go down

What To Bring Empty What To Bring

Post by borderreiver Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:34 am

I will be Lakeside Dec. 21/13 thru Feb. 14/14.
Hoping, once again, to go bass fishin' on Agua Milpa. Thinkin 3' tube for the rod. What reel, etc.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

What To Bring Empty Re: What To Bring

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:38 am

We use 6 1/2 ft, 1 piece, medium/heavy rods and baitcasting reels.

Here are the rod/reel combo's I bought. Model TTESGC665

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1309636&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=4b47d91fac101c51600401c7b9cb5948&destination=/checkout/basket.jsp

I'm sure Jim can fill you in on the best hooks, sinkers and lures.

Check out Cabelas.com and order everything on-line.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:07 am

I buy all my plastics from All American Tackle Mfg Company on Ebay. Senkos normally 5.5 inch.

Please PM your email address, and I will forward links to the various products. Bob's combo unit is a good buy if still available. You should bring at least 2 rod n reels.... You'll want 10-15 pound line......5/0 offset worm hooks from Cabella's also bullet sinkers 7/16 or 1/2
ounce.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:20 am

can someone explain to me why nobody seems to use spin casting equipment.
that's what i have with 6lb test line. is there a lot of crap to get snagged on under water? the rigs you are using i only ever used for trolling. is this what you do rather than casting?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am

Pedro, I've never trolled for Bass. Typically we are bottom fishing, casting to shore or fishing the shallows around trees, stumps, rocks, so yes getting snagged is easy, cause if ya ain't getting snagged up, you ain't fishing. Fishing primarily with 5 1/2 inch worms, or using crank bait, some even give it a go with top water gear.

I was thinking about buying some 6 lb braided line to see how it holds up, as it won't knick up like mono. A few guys use spinning reels, mostly because they can't figure out how to cast the bait casters. For most it is a personal preference issue or the prefer the flexibility using a bait caster.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:26 pm

i have some surface lures. do they hit those?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Probably, most of the fish we have caught using topwater gear have been small. The strength of the hooks is important....A Bass has a pretty thick mouth/bone. Hooks tend to straighten out. Go an Cabelas and check out the fresh water bass stuff.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed May 01, 2013 4:03 pm

borderreiver wrote:I will be Lakeside Dec. 21/13 thru Feb. 14/14.
Hoping, once again, to go bass fishin' on Agua Milpa. Thinkin 3' tube for the rod. What reel, etc.

David, Unfortunately I will be out of country Oct thru Mar. 2014., so send Ross....el presidente of fishing club an email that you haven't made the trip to Aguamilpa and would like to on your next trip. Provide your email address.

I may have to make a trip NOB prior to October, in which case I will PM you so you can ship your gear to me in AZ, and I will deliver to Chapala.

As far as reels n rods, I am a Shimano guy, 6'6" rods, medium heavy or heavy....prefer heavy....easier to set. Reels Curado 200E series. Cost is a little steep, but plan on them outliving me, so an extra $200 doesn't amount to much over 10-20 years......LOL.

For shipping or air travel a 2-4 inch piece of PVC works great for rods, and a cheap solution.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 02, 2013 10:54 am

borderreiver:

When making your flight arrangements, you might take a look at connecting with a flight on Volaris: http://www.volaris.mx/en/

You will notice on their opening page, they offer a "More Luggage" option when booking a ticket. They are currently charging $29 for 22lbs of additional checked luggage, 11lbs of additional carry-on luggage and 1 piece of sports luggage. At one point, I thought the sports luggage option might offer some flexibility for other items but after checking I found out they are hard core in the definition but certainly rods, reels and tackle would qualify.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down