INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

+4
Trailrunner
gringal
hockables
Intercasa
8 posters

Go down

Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested Empty Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

Post by Intercasa Sun May 12, 2013 9:43 am

This could happen to you very soon! A law office in the area has collected money to nationalize cars and they started this year in 2013, they will give you a pedimento dated 2011, obviously fake and a tarjeta de circulacion, also fake but a nice looking fake. They also give license plates that show as stolen, which if you are pulled over they will think you stole the car and you will be looking down the barrell of quite a few guns and lose your car and liberty.

I spoke with the attorney doing this and warned him over a week ago about these papers and that he needed to check the web site and gave him a print out of the page showing other plates were stolen and told him to check all plates given. He was not very nice to me (threatened me) and someone else sent me papers for verification and yes all fake and this stinker has known for a over a week that his people were driving on fake papers and stolen plates and apparently hasn't notified his clients.

Please if a law firm got you fast papers and plates, go to this web site http://www2.repuve.gob.mx:8080/ciudadania/servletconsulta

And enter your Jalisco license plate number in the first space and remember to put the code in the last box and then hit BUSCAR. If the result comes up as CON REPORTE DE ROBO then DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE ANYWHERE OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND CAR SEIZED.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested Empty Re: Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

Post by hockables Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 am

That Guy is probably going to go on to be the next Chief Magistrate.....

just say'n is all Very Happy
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested Empty Re: Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

Post by gringal Sun May 12, 2013 9:59 am

Spencer: why hasn't this lawyer been charged and arrested as yet? (Or maybe Hocks is right.)

If he is responsible for all this fraudulent activity.......can he be named so that other people can avoid getting sucked into his scam?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks, Spencer. I guess I know who this is. Disappointing.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sun May 12, 2013 10:11 am

gringal wrote:Spencer: why hasn't this lawyer been charged and arrested as yet? (Or maybe Hocks is right.)

If he is responsible for all this fraudulent activity.......can he be named so that other people can avoid getting sucked into his scam?

A very good question and I think Spencer gave you the answer when he said the guy threatened him.

I don't think Spencer (or for sure I) would put ourselves in harms' way by naming the law office, but he did give a way to check and protect yourself.

Also quite possible if challenged, the attorney could have someone in his office doing the front work and the attorney would let the other guy take the fall. Attorney could say he trusted his "worker" and had no reason not to. Plausible denyability.

Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Sun May 12, 2013 10:36 am

Spencer,

I am currently in the process of trying to get my car nationalised and Jalisco plates using a lawyer from Ajijic. I realize it would not be smart for you to post this persons name on a public board but could you please PM me and let me know the name of the lawyer you are referring to? It has been almost 6 weeks now that I have been waiting for plates. I'm going into the office tomorrow and will confront this lawyer. If it becomes necessary, will you be available to represent me in some sort of action to recover some of the money that I've given to this guy? Thank you for any help you may provide.

Smokealot
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun May 12, 2013 10:41 am

Better yet.... tell everyone who your Lawyer Is and he can PM U if its them....

Kinda reminds me of The Drivers License Exam...

thru my interpeter...
Question 6
If'n ju drive to the line an ders three more cars at the spot .... do ju
A. Drive thru the line an continue on
B. Stop an drive so that only after da odder guy drives thru the line
C, Wait and then ju drive when the odder guy turns around
D. Don't drive and stop so ju can let the odder guy go in front of ju

Shocked

A?
No Gringo.... Ezzzz nor A
Shocked

B?
lol... No Gringo .... Ezzzz not B
Shocked

C?
I can not tell weeech one ir is Gringo....
Very Happy

OK..... C !!

I passed with flying colors.... The Test Wuz A Breeze....

Beer Ya know.... you might not have near as many problems with the Cops
If only you went out and got a Mexican Drivers License !
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun May 12, 2013 11:34 am

Ask for your money back. This guy knows he has given fake papers out and has apparently not warned all his clients.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Sun May 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Why is Everyone so shocked that this might happen here (re:MX/possible stolen car). In 1980 I owned a 1978 Porsche 911SC and lived on the San Francisco Peninsula (Palo Alto). I'm tooling along one day (very white, very blonde, very 30ish) and all of a sudden there's a swarm of police cars surrounding me. I pull over, and am ordered out of the car and down on the ground. There are at least 5 cops, with guns drawn and pointed at cute little ol' me. I really forget what all was said & how it all shook out, but I think between their screaming at me and them finally letting me talk, it became VERY CLEAR they had screwed up !!! My license plate read 9IISC but they had read it as 911SC, which had been reported stolen. Once it was all figured out, there was no group hug, there was no apology, there was no offer to pay for my scuffed cole haan's or filthy liz claiborne suit. Being nieve (& innocent of anything), I believed I was in nom ultimate danger. Actually I think they were more nervous than I was. Maybe it's my age or maybe it's the times or maybe it's the country - I would be rightfully petrified, now. I really thank Intercasa for "being in the loop" and an asset to our community via these webboards and thru his office (eg paid-for into)

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Actually, everyone is not so shocked that this might happen here.

Yes, we do love Spencer for his honesty and profound generosity!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun May 12, 2013 7:17 pm

papa chango wrote:Spencer,

I am currently in the process of trying to get my car nationalised and Jalisco plates using a lawyer from Ajijic. I realize it would not be smart for you to post this persons name on a public board but could you please PM me and let me know the name of the lawyer you are referring to? It has been almost 6 weeks now that I have been waiting for plates. I'm going into the office tomorrow and will confront this lawyer. If it becomes necessary, will you be available to represent me in some sort of action to recover some of the money that I've given to this guy? Thank you for any help you may provide.

Smokealot

Just out of curiousity papa, how much did he charge? Upfront, and what was the total to be? Was this a deal to be completed without going to the border?

Sorry for your loss, hoping to save others.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Sun May 12, 2013 10:11 pm

This deal was supposed to be completed without going to the border. The reason I decided to go ahead and try this was friends used this lawyer to nationalize their car. The deal also was to include Jalisco plates. And in the lawyer's office they showed me plates and the documents they had gotten for somebody else but had not delivered them yet. The money I paid upfront was 33,000 pesos (the total price for the service).

I will try and contact the lawyer tomorrow and let him know that I'm very worried about this deal.

Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested 968748
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon May 13, 2013 7:52 am

And remember if the person who is giving out fake documents and stolen plates has done this alot, he neither has morals nor brains and probably little money so a holder of the fake documents and stolen plates will have the upper hand in collection as they can exercise criminal action but should not accept promises and not turn over the documents or plates unless cash payment is made on the spot or else they will be just another creditor having to wait in line and the risk of criminal sanctions will not be as strong.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down