INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rolly's website and getting TIP at the border

3 posters

Go down

Rolly's website and getting TIP at the border Empty Rolly's website and getting TIP at the border

Post by casi nada Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:02 pm

On Rolly's website it states that to receive you TIP papers and sticker, you must present your driver's license (plus copies), and that the license has to be valid and non-Mexican. I want to import a USA plated car, but only have a MX license.

I've searched the SAT site and I can't find any mention of this in their list of documents needed. Can someone help me out?

This is from MexPro Insurance:

It is recommended that one carry three copies of each of these documents.

1. Evidence of Citizenship, i.e. A Government Issued Passport
  2. If you are not a Mexican citizen, a Mexican immigration permit-such as a tourist, business or immigrant permit.
  3. The Vehicle Title and registration certificate. A bill of sale is not valid proof.
  4. A Valid Driver's License with photo.
  5. Certificate of canceled import permit for any prior temporary import permits.
  6. If the vehicle is financed, is a rental car, is leased, and/or a company car, a notarized letter of permission for importation of the vehicle into Mexico is required from the lien holder or lending institution.
  7. An International Credit Card (American Express, Mastercard, Visa) in the name fo the driver of the vehicle (importer).
  8. If the title of the vehicle is in the name of a spouse, child, or parents - a birth certificate must be presented or a marriage license.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Rolly's website and getting TIP at the border Empty tip and drivers license

Post by schraderone Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:23 am

You can get the T I P online and they do not ask for any drivers license info, I just got one that way. Go to BANJERCITO

website. The online permit only works if you also need a personal, tourist visa. If this option is not for you, come on in with

your Mexican drivers license, ask to speak to a supervisor if you have any trouble, they must acept a valid Mexican DL period.

schraderone
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Rolly's website and getting TIP at the border Empty Re: Rolly's website and getting TIP at the border

Post by Rolly Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Thank you for catching that mistake.
The words "non-Mexican" should have been attached to the credit card, not the driver's license.

I"m sorry for the confusion. It's been fixed.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Rolly's website and getting TIP at the border Empty Re: Rolly's website and getting TIP at the border

Post by casi nada Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Hey Rolly, I answered you on chapala.com.

You may be right after all.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Sorry, I answered you on Mexconnect Rolly.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Rolly's website and getting TIP at the border Empty mexican drivers license

Post by schraderone Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Rolly wrote:Thank you for catching that mistake.
The words "non-Mexican" should have been attached to the credit card, not the driver's license.

I"m sorry for the confusion. It's been fixed. 

You are welcome Rolly, I appreciate your postings. I only knew the answer to this because they accept my Mexican DL no problem.

schraderone
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down