INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are those of you who live at Lakeside doing for Thanksgiving?

+2
Carry Bean
johninajijic
6 posters

Go down

What are those of you who live at Lakeside doing for Thanksgiving? Empty What are those of you who live at Lakeside doing for Thanksgiving?

Post by johninajijic Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:04 am

What are those of you who live at Lakeside doing for Thanksgiving?

Are you going to the Coast, either PV or Manzanillo with one of the Travel Agengcies?

Are you staying home and either cooking or going out to one of the restaurants specializing in Thanksgiving Dinners?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What are those of you who live at Lakeside doing for Thanksgiving? Empty Re: What are those of you who live at Lakeside doing for Thanksgiving?

Post by Carry Bean Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:52 am

I don't know yet. I suspect I'll stay home & roast a small turkey since I love turkey sandwiches. What about you?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What are those of you who live at Lakeside doing for Thanksgiving? Empty Re: What are those of you who live at Lakeside doing for Thanksgiving?

Post by Rolly Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:16 am

Just like any other Thursday in my house. Fish tacos for breakfast and tamales for supper. Of course, I don't live near the lake; I'm a desert rat.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:48 pm

Carry Bean wrote:I don't know yet. I suspect I'll stay home & roast a small turkey since I love turkey sandwiches. What about you?

carry bean - We are going to Manzanillo for 5 days 4 night to stay at the Barcelo Karmina Palace Hotel. It's All Inclusive. We go to the coast every Thanksgiving with Viajes Ajijic Travel Agency.

Normally we go to the Occidentall Allegro Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta, but this year they are closed for a complete remodel. We had been going there for 7 years and found the food, drinks and service to be excellent. The beach and shows were excellent too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Sounds great!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:55 pm

The Pilgrams probably meant the same to Mexicans as they did to The American Indians... Swine Flu, Tuberculosis, Rheumatic Fever...

Come to think of it... the Spaniards also Stole all their gold, Burned their books and Artifacts, and forced Religion down their throats...

I didn't think they celebrated Thanksgiving in Mexico... The Indians sure as hell don't...

Just sayin is all...

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:25 pm

"THEY" don't, we USA folks do as do the Canadians, although earlier.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:18 am

I'm planning to go to Manix for the buffet dinner with friends. It's been really good in the past and a very traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I could cook it much cheaper but have been very ill so would rather someone else cook it.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:20 am

hockables wrote:The Pilgrams probably meant the same to Mexicans as they did to The American Indians... Swine Flu, Tuberculosis, Rheumatic Fever...

Come to think of it... the Spaniards also Stole all their gold, Burned their books and Artifacts, and forced Religion down their throats...

I didn't think they celebrated Thanksgiving in Mexico... The Indians sure as hell don't...

Just sayin is all...

But I do like turkey dinner and this is the only time of you you can get a traditional meal at a local restaurant Beer
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:32 am

simpsca wrote:I'm planning to go to Manix for the buffet dinner with friends. It's been really good in the past and a very traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I could cook it much cheaper but have been very ill so would rather someone else cook it.

simpsca - Last year was the first year we didn't go to the Coast. I organized people from our Bi Monthly Dinner group and we went to MANIX and found it to be excellent. Everyone enjoyed it. We did the early seating. Everything was fresh and hot. Even Hector, the owner was serving food. Good choice!!!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:07 am

There are a number of good places to eat locally........they're going all out this year, judging from the ads in the Guad Reporter
Probably all of them are good enough to make an nostalgic expat happy.

We like to run away from home that weekend and head for the beach. Since turkey isn't my fave food..........seafood will be the choice, at a restaurant table within sight and sound of the waves. Two nights, and back home.

if one of those all-inclusives sounds good from reports, we may try it some year. Did one once and were glad when it ended, so haven't tried again.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:22 am

gringal wrote:There are a number of good places to eat locally........they're going all out this year, judging from the ads in the Guad Reporter
Probably all of them are good enough to make an nostalgic expat happy.

We like to run away from home that weekend and head for the beach. Since turkey isn't my fave food..........seafood will be the choice, at a restaurant table within sight and sound of the waves. Two nights, and back home.

if one of those all-inclusives sounds good from reports, we may try it some year. Did one once and were glad when it ended, so haven't tried again.

It's a good thing Thanksgiving isn't a holiday in Mexico... Everyone goin to the beach would be paying Holiday Rates...

Have fun folks.... enjoy yer Turkey & Seafood!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down