INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are CFE bills coming monthly now. I got one in June and July.

+6
Pedro
Jim W
SunFan
Bob Bender
Smartalex
sm1mex
10 posters

Go down

Are CFE bills coming monthly now.  I got one in June and July. Empty Are CFE bills coming monthly now. I got one in June and July.

Post by sm1mex Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:33 pm

We got our electric bill in June, which was the month it was due on the every other month bill plan. Today we got a bill for just one month, due July 13 to be paid.
This is the first time we have ever gotten a monthly bill. Has anyone else gotten a bill in July, only a month from their June bill?
Some people never get their every other month CFE bill but they know it is due and take steps to get it paid timely, but if people don't know they are going to send the bill monthly, possibly a lot of lights will be turned off by CFE for non payment because the resident didn't know there was going to be a monthly bill in June.
What's going on?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Are CFE bills coming monthly now.  I got one in June and July. Empty Re: Are CFE bills coming monthly now. I got one in June and July.

Post by Smartalex Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Sounds like CFE is playing catch-up on your billing...or perhaps the previous bill was delivered late. My May/June bill was delivered last week.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Are CFE bills coming monthly now.  I got one in June and July. Empty Re: Are CFE bills coming monthly now. I got one in June and July.

Post by Bob Bender Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Sometimes they do that to split the area's customer base into two separate billing periods.

Bob Bender
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:08 pm

They're coming monthly now.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:37 pm

I stopped by Jsun solar company today and spoke with a rep who deals with CFE all the time. He told me CFE had a meeting a month ago and they are going to monthly bills for everyone by Jan. 2014. Also they decided that all government subsidy for non DAC users will be dropped and everyone will be charged full price for what they use. It looks like we are all headed for our electric bill to almost double if not in the DAC.already.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Wow! If that happens am I ever glad I went solar and oversized the system for zero net consumption from the grid.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:11 pm

sm1mex wrote: I stopped by Jsun solar company today and spoke with a rep who deals with CFE all the time.  He told me CFE had a meeting a month ago and they are going to monthly bills for everyone by Jan. 2014.  Also they decided that all government subsidy for non DAC users will be dropped and everyone will be charged full price for what they use.  It looks like we are all headed for our electric bill to almost double if not in the DAC.already.

If that happens sm1mex......a large portion of the Mexican community will probably be up in arms, so to speak. I think more likely than not, it is Jsun solar, and the other solar companies dream list! Had this increase and subsidy elimination been approved over a month ago, the shit would be hitting the fan, throughout Mexico.......
Just Sayin Are CFE bills coming monthly now.  I got one in June and July. 374777 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:16 pm

if the subsidy is removed the people will revolt. ain't gonna happen.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Pedro wrote:if the subsidy is removed the people will revolt. ain't gonna happen.
It'l make the rave protest look silly and inconsequential in comparison.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:24 pm

I hope the people do revolt. I just stopped by the solar company to get information. He didn't push any more products. Perhaps someone that is with another solar company that deals with CFE could check with that rep to see what they have been told.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:41 pm

I barely use any electricity, and if I didn't get the subsidy I would honestly have a hard time paying for it.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:48 pm

saege007 wrote:I barely use any electricity, and if I didn't get the subsidy I would honestly have a hard time paying for it.

i betcha 80+% of the people would have trouble paying never mind the price of everything skyrocketing.
it would make the drug war look like a minor skirmish.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:46 pm

The happiest group to push the rumor are the solar sales companies.....there are at least 4 selling at lakeside now. It does look like a restructure of sorts is coming to CFE.....probably simplifying rate tiers. Currently, as I see it there are over 40 tiers, throughout MX.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Here is some interesting info forwarded by a friend:

The following article explains that it is the Federal Government dictating this move:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.debate.com.mx%2Feldebate%2Fmovil%2FArticulomovil.asp%3FIdArt%3D10270465%26IdCat%3D6103&act=url

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Solar Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 am

Our first advice and assistance to all potential clients is in how to reduce consumption and be more efficient.    And when sizing a system, the practice has been to go to the 250 kWh level of use from CFE (which averages 1 peso per kWh at this time when you take the first two rate tiers together), as opposed to going to 0 which is not cost effective and of course would require a larger system as well.

With this, current clients are seeing about 20 to 25% ROI which is a lot better than $$ in the bank.....assuming one has money in the bank, of course!  

Watching & waiting on CFE along with you all....the good news is there are great and very cost effective technologies now and coming soon for small scale systems, both in terms of solar panels and inverters.
Go Solar
Go Solar
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Punography

http://www.solartechnology.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:42 am

Go Solar wrote:Our first advice and assistance to all potential clients is in how to reduce consumption and be more efficient.    And when sizing a system, the practice has been to go to the 250 kWh level of use from CFE (which averages 1 peso per kWh at this time when you take the first two rate tiers together), as opposed to going to 0 which is not cost effective and of course would require a larger system as well.

With this, current clients are seeing about 20 to 25% ROI which is a lot better than $$ in the bank.....assuming one has money in the bank, of course!  

Watching & waiting on CFE along with you all....the good news is there are great and very cost effective technologies now and coming soon for small scale systems, both in terms of solar panels and inverters.

I hope the systems are more cost effective than when I received estimates about a year ago. I would have loved to do it but the nature of my house makes it more difficult to install and I don't have money in the bank for this. I certainly wouldn't take a loan at MXN interest rates.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:46 pm

I did hear back from my property manager that called his CFE contact. The contact said solar users are monthly now and the people without solar will remain every other month, but we had no warning so it may be wise to check monthly for a while even if you don't have solar. Nothing was mentioned from the CFE contact about the government subsidy so we'll just have to wait and see.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down