INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From TOB regarding nationalizing...

5 posters

Go down

From TOB regarding nationalizing... Empty From TOB regarding nationalizing...

Post by jackak10 Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:56 am

From this thread:

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=45292

"Note: as of July 10 a court order stopped most virtual processes. If you have started nationalizing with S&S Auto or about to do so, check and see if this court ruling has affected them. Fortunately, through UCD, the process continues."

Maybe someone on this board can verify?

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

From TOB regarding nationalizing... Empty Re: From TOB regarding nationalizing...

Post by gravy Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:20 pm

what is UCD ?
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

From TOB regarding nationalizing... Empty Re: From TOB regarding nationalizing...

Post by viajero Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:48 pm

gravy wrote:what is UCD ?
Union Campesino Democratica,and any gringo thinking of going that route for nationalizing their car should think twice.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:16 pm

viajero wrote:
gravy wrote:what is UCD ?
Union Campesino Democratica,and any gringo thinking of going that route for nationalizing their car should think twice.
good advice-except ya shouldn't even think about it once.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:39 am

I disagree - the UCD that Sonia Diaz is working through is an entirely reputable organization and they are nationalizing through a licensed customs broker. They have hundreds of thousands of members and votes, they truly help the Mexican families and farmers. This program is to lower the costs of legally imported used vans, cars, trucks and farm equipment. The previous program, which still exists, with the cardboard plates was basically an annual amparo which barred Customs (Aduana) from seizing a vehicle. It was good for five years. The new program is what I think is an experiment in how to deal with the millions of U.S. plated vehicles in Mexico, owned by Mexicans.

The UCD is not setup to deal with English speakers, and they have appointed Sonia Diaz as their representative to deal with this. This is a new and unique program (experiment) and two vehicles have been aduanaed so far.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:45 am

CHILLIN wrote:I disagree - the UCD that Sonia Diaz is working through is an entirely reputable organization and they are nationalizing through a licensed customs broker. They have hundreds of thousands of members and votes, they truly help the Mexican families and farmers. This program is to lower the costs of legally imported used vans, cars, trucks and farm equipment. The previous program, which still exists, with the cardboard plates was basically an annual amparo which barred Customs (Aduana) from seizing a vehicle. It was good for five years. The new program is what I think is an experiment in how to deal with the millions of U.S. plated vehicles in Mexico, owned by Mexicans.

The UCD is not setup to deal with English speakers, and they have appointed Sonia Diaz as their representative to deal with this. This is a new and unique program (experiment) and two vehicles have been aduanaed so far.
Color added by me.  I don't see the words, "help for Gringos who want a cheaper deal and don't want to go to the border".  This Sonia person has quoted two satisfied customers on other boards but the actual "customers" have never posted themselves.  Sonia gets very defensive and accuses anyone who doubts her of being against her because she "is a woman and a Mexican", in her words.

Beware.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:00 am

jackak10 wrote:
CHILLIN wrote:I disagree - the UCD that Sonia Diaz is working through is an entirely reputable organization and they are nationalizing through a licensed customs broker. They have hundreds of thousands of members and votes, they truly help the Mexican families and farmers. This program is to lower the costs of legally imported used vans, cars, trucks and farm equipment. The previous program, which still exists, with the cardboard plates was basically an annual amparo which barred Customs (Aduana) from seizing a vehicle. It was good for five years. The new program is what I think is an experiment in how to deal with the millions of U.S. plated vehicles in Mexico, owned by Mexicans.

Color added by me.  I don't see the words, "help for Gringos who want a cheaper deal and don't want to go to the border".  This Sonia person has quoted two satisfied customers on other boards but the actual "customers" have never posted themselves.  Sonia gets very defensive and accuses anyone who doubts her of being against her because she "is a woman and a Mexican", in her words.

Beware.
i think ya nailed it! is she ajijic's[john's] facilitator wife in sma
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:18 am

Beware of people who seem to unable to digest what they are reading. Tiocorp made a mistake (by their own words) by trusting a licensed customs broker who did a runner when the cash deposits piled up. Tiocorp is a good company. The UDC group is lobbying for families, SENIORS (whether Mexican, or new immigrants/ permanent residents. Who else is lobbying for seniors in Mexico?

In the end - choose what ever method you want, up to including nothing at all. It is a bad law, sprung on unsuspecting retirees, many of whom are on a fixed income and can little afford to throw away thousands of dollars. Spencer feels confident that an Amparo would bust this law - but he can't work for free. If it was Canada or the U.S.A., CARP or AARP would be funding and lobbying it.

The two people posted on a Yahoo group in SMA - why on earth would they post over here?

Pedro - how did you nationalize your British motorcycle? That would at least contain some facts.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:33 am

CHILLIN wrote:

The UCD is not setup to deal with English speakers
Of course it isn't,it's an organization for Mexican campesinos,not gringo retirees.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:49 am

CHILLIN wrote:Beware of people who seem to unable to digest what they are reading. Tiocorp made a mistake (by their own words) by trusting a licensed customs broker who did a runner when the cash deposits piled up. Tiocorp is a good company. The UDC group is lobbying for families, SENIORS (whether Mexican, or new immigrants/ permanent residents. Who else is lobbying for seniors in Mexico?

In the end - choose what ever method you want, up to including nothing at all. It is a bad law, sprung on unsuspecting retirees, many of whom are on a fixed income and can little afford to throw away thousands of dollars. Spencer feels confident that an Amparo would bust this law - but he can't work for free. If it was Canada or the U.S.A., CARP or AARP would be funding and lobbying it.

The two people posted on a Yahoo group in SMA - why on earth would they post over here?

Pedro - how did you nationalize your British motorcycle? That would at least contain some facts.
i haven't done it yet. i have 2 more years to see what happens. my understanding is that it would be in a special category[antique?] for duty purposes, because it's 60 years old.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:54 am

Sonia has posted that someone was quoted $40,000 pesos to import a 1966 Morgan.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Sonia has posted that someone was quoted $40,000 pesos to import a 1966 Morgan.
not bad. that's about 8%. does that include broker fees?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:31 pm

I believe so ... I can't find the post now.

This an example where you could save a lot of money if you didn't have to go to the border, you would have to trailer it?
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down