INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blockage at Viacam update

+6
Sideways
lunateak
CanuckBob
Jim W
hockables
brigitte
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

blockage at Viacam update Empty blockage at Viacam update

Post by brigitte Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:49 am

New hours announced for VICAM

The blocking hours have been increased by one hour the new house of closure are

8AM till 1 PM and 3PM till 7pm

Semanat was given until the 7th of AUgust to come up with a proposal so stay tune, could get worst or be over.

This is according to the informador of today

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

blockage at Viacam update Empty Re: blockage at Viacam update

Post by hockables Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:19 am

I tried Google Translate...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:44 am

Sorry the title should read" Vicam" and the post should be in "Mexico"

Vicam is a town north of CD Obregon.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks Brigitte.   Can you provide the link?   We are heading South the 12th, trying to plan arrival @ Vicam Blockade approx., one hour after it opens....around 1:30-2:00PM to give traffic time to clear.    Rolling Eyes

For those heading North, the hotels in Obregon will check on line so you can plan departure as Vicam is approx. 35 miles north.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:43 pm

http://www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2013/472977/6/yaquis-dispuestos-a-mantener-bloqueo-en-sonora.htm

I got it by accident from the informador. A friend sent me the news that many roads were blocked in Chiapas in protest to CFE rates and other problems bweteen them and the indigenous and all the main roads in San Cristobal are blocked and I am going there...There is no opening hours there when they get pissed off...

I saw the bit about Vicam but if you are leaving after the 7th of August it probably will be a new game as the water come has until the 7th to come up with some kind of response. It could be open or there could be trouble so check before you go.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:50 pm

here is the English link, provided by a goods buddy: Beer 
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2013/472977/6/yaquis-dispuestos-a-mantener-bloqueo-en-sonora.htm&usg=ALkJrhhwssxlVUyXhq5u-caNWFn6NnTzvA
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:35 am

Latest update on blockade.....

Rojo Valencia comentó que para el viernes, probablemente se aumente una hora más al bloqueo, es decir, cerrado de 8 de la mañana a 2 de la tarde, dejando sólo una hora de desfogue, de 2 a 3 de la tarde.

Horarios de bloqueo para hoy jueves:

De 5:00 a 7:00 bloqueo

De 7:00 a 8:00 libre

De 8:00 a 13:00 bloqueo

De 13:00 a 15:00 libre

De 15:00 a 19:00 bloqueo

De 19:00 a 5:00 libre

Heading South it's approx. 3 hour drive from Hermosillo.....if you miss the daytime window you are stuck.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:01 am

Here is the latest translated article, not sure what it means for the blockade, anybody?

The Yaqui ethnicity and government of Sonora were satisfied by the statement issued today by the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation (SCJ) as to the operation of the aqueduct Independence.

The secretary of the Yaqui tribe, Mario Luna Romero, said that the ethnic suits you the sense of resolution, ordering replace the procedure of environmental impact assessment of that work, as in the previous were not consulted.

He said the court ruling also affirms the protection for the indigenous community and opens the possibility of closing the aqueduct checked if an injury to the rights of indigenous peoples.

About the blockade maintained for more than a month on Federal Highway 15 Mexico-Nogales, Ciudad Obregón-Guaymas leg, said a public consultation conducted to determine their permanence.

In turn, and in a press conference, the state secretary of government, Roberto Romero López, said "we are happy, satisfied, because throughout this fight no one has been able to demonstrate that we have no reason."

He assumed that only judges ordered to suspend operation of the aqueduct in case there are damages against Yaqui Tribe, which will be set in a studio, but said that would only happen in extreme cases.

Yaqui months ago filed an injunction to cease the transfer of water from the dam El Novillo to Hermosillo, which started this year through the aqueduct Independence.

The Indians believe that this work affects their water rights, which are covered by a federal grant dating from 1940, in which the reservoir volumes are assigned to the Yaqui Valley Farm.

Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market Finder

Turn off instant translationAbout Google TranslateMobilePrivacy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:59 am

It means they will be handing out free water to those in the line-up......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:07 pm

CanuckBob wrote:It means they will be handing out free water to those in the line-up......jaja.

GEEZ, water won't be an issue for me, keepings cervesa cold will be a challenge! bounce blockage at Viacam update 851398 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:29 am

NOW THIS REALLY SUCKS!.......blockage at Viacam update 851398 

Highway blocked for 12 hours continuously now Vícam
07/08/2013

From 8 am to 8 pm is blocked the road for today, Wednesday, as members of the Yaqui tribe and the Citizens Movement for Water, could harden in the afternoon.

Eduardo Flores, a member and spokesman for the MCA said that depending on what happens today in Mexico City and how things are given, decide whether to permanently close the federal highway or transit stop during the morning free.

"From 8-8 will be blocked and during the afternoon define if left closed all day, which is most likely, but that will decide the Yaqui ethnic group after the meeting that they have in the afternoon," he reiterated.

Eduardo Flores said they expect to enforce the law and the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation SEMARNAT tell act according to law, otherwise it will be on the need to get tough.

"It all depends on how things are given in Mexico City, this situation is not going to wear, still strong and with all the courage, fighting for our rights and we will get to the end," he said.

For his part, the mayor of Cajeme, Rogelio Diaz Brown, said he hopes that justice prevails and that the judiciary issued a resolution and fair interpretation of what is happening in Sonora, with respect to the case of Independence Aqueduct, so reiterating that its position will remain to protect the interests of all cajemenses.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:41 am

Jim W wrote:NOW THIS REALLY SUCKS!.......blockage at Viacam update 851398 

Sounds like a solid translation!
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:14 pm

here is a link to the Vicam blockade.......updated by the hour.

www.elimparcial.com
www.uniradionoticias.com click on Sonora.

Smokealot 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:22 pm

It's crap like this that will hurt Mexico's tourism. I'm sure the Yaquis have some legitimate gripe, but this would not be allowed to continue for so long in the US or CAN.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Sideways wrote:It's crap like this that will hurt Mexico's tourism.  I'm sure the Yaquis have some legitimate gripe, but this would not be allowed to continue for so long in the US or CAN.  
The Yaqui Indians have a legitimate gripe........as I read it they are being denied their water rights.   As I understand it, negotiating a solution will be difficult.       blockage at Viacam update 968748 

Sideways, why not start a thread for discussion? I agree with you, but this thread is not a debate. 

The intent of this thread is to provide updated travel info for those of us traveling route 15, me included, as the alternative may be driving thru Laredo, adding over 800 miles to our trip, or being stock @ The Vicam Blockade for 12 hours or more in 108 degree heat.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Not trying to hijack your thread, Jim. Trying to be simpatico to you and other road warriors.

I have driven that route, but not in many years. Buena suerte y buen viaje!!!

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Gracias, I hope that we can get somewhat accurate info to travelers.......
LIKE ME......can't imagine being stuck in that heat.

blockage at Viacam update 633732 blockage at Viacam update 87465 blockage at Viacam update 531444 

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:20 pm

I thought someone posted a map, or a satellite view with a route drawn on top it, that bypasses the roadblock. Maybe it was posted on TOB.

It's probably a bit of a slow slog, but worth having in the glovebox if you need to switch to plan B. Good luck.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:I thought someone posted a map, or a satellite view with a route drawn on top it, that bypasses the roadblock. Maybe it was posted on TOB.

It's probably a bit of a slow slog, but worth having in the glovebox if you need to switch to plan B. Good luck.

Not a good alternative Rosa!

Monitor bailiffs Vícam gaps to prevent further assaults

The Attorney General of the State (PGJE) reported that burglaries in the gaps that are used as alternate routes for the blockade remains in the region of Vícam, have been reduced BY the presence of elements of said corporation .
Carlos Navarro Sugich, said state prosecutor actually have complaints about robberies truckers, is why agents are assigned to the region and Tesopaco Pótam.
He said that the work of the corporation is in relation to surveillance to people who are driving these areas following get around the blockage in Vícam.
"There are several complaints in relation to that are assaulting people taking the gaps, but they have come down since we started monitoring," he said.
He said that so far have not had any call federal authorities to act accordingly by blockades, however if instructed to do so by the PGJE support for this.
Sugich Navarro added that the federation will always ask for support, always granted, because when it comes to the reverse action, always answers the call of the State.
In relation to the alleged arrest warrant against no member of the Yaqui Tribe, Red Tomas refrained from issuing a statement because it is not aware of the information held here in the Movement for Water, on that
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

blockage at Viacam update Empty THANK YOU SPENCER

Post by Jim W Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Jim W wrote:Gracias, I hope that we can get somewhat accurate info to travelers.......
LIKE ME......can't imagine being stuck in that heat.

blockage at Viacam update 633732 blockage at Viacam update 87465 blockage at Viacam update 531444 

Called Spencer via cell this morning on our way to VICAM, asked for a favor, he called the Fiesta Inn in Obregon......and got us an update..........The Yaqui Indians are allowing autos thru, for how long.....any ones guess. Trucks were lined up double wide in both directions for nearly one mile, however, they were alternating traffic getting auto's thru with not much more than a couple minute delay. We gave the kids who were running their butts off in the heat ice water, all we had.

The Yaqui tribe should be commended for making this issue transparent as possible to the traveler. cheers 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Hope the travel gods smile upon you! flag waver 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Thanks Lady O, they already have....got thru the blockade.....wasted much time fretting over possibly getting stuck for many hours in the sweltering heat....it was 108 when we hit Vicam today.

All is good.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Great news!!!! Keep us informed of your further progress.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Looks like you will be back just in time for the start of the new futbol season. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:35 am

Zen, What time, where? Make sure the Cervasa is ice cold........Still the same special price? 1 = 25 pesos
2 = 50 pesos?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next