INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guadalajara - Phoenix

+3
RickS
gvprod
hockables
7 posters

Go down

Guadalajara - Phoenix Empty Guadalajara - Phoenix

Post by hockables Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Volaris has announced a new route.... Guadalajara - Phoenix for $149.00 starting October 19
I'm guessing many here will be pleased with this.
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Guadalajara - Phoenix Empty Re: Guadalajara - Phoenix

Post by gvprod Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:47 pm

yeap tickets are all sold out+

gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:43 pm

gvprod wrote:yeap tickets are all sold out+

What tickets are sold out... those for October 19th, those for $149 or those for the rest of the year???

RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:53 pm

all of the "special price " are sold out, but try anyway you never know, maybe they "opened" up more tickets
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:58 pm

US AIR among others have been raping travelers to this "Hub" for years. Last time I flew to Phoenix, one way, booked to Portland, got off in Phoenix and saved over $100 USD. Guadalajara - Phoenix 633732 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Yep, it costs almost $300 more to fly from GDL to Phoenix than it does GDL to Vancouver via US Airways. Vancouver is twice the distance so go figure??? I used to be able to fly Vancouver to Phoenix (return) for just under $300.

I suspect Volaris is going to do quite well on that lane.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:41 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yep, it costs almost $300 more to fly from GDL to Phoenix than it does GDL to Vancouver via US Airways. Vancouver is twice the distance so go figure??? I used to be able to fly Vancouver to Phoenix (return) for just under $300.

I suspect Volaris is going to do quite well on that lane.
in this case Phoenix is called a "hidden city."
Same kind of this with Milwaukee and Chicago, used to be way cheaper to fly to Milwaukee from the west coast. All about supply and demand.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 pm

I am not sure this is totally accurate gvprod?  I just went online and received price and open booking for flt # YA 975
@ 1150 pesos PHO to GDL.   And a flt YA 974 for 1844 pesos.   In both cases using Mexican CC.    Oct. 19 flight.

Seems like ya just gotta scroll thru the days.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Jim W wrote:

I am not sure this is totally accurate gvprod?  I just went online and received price and open booking for flt # YA 975
@ 1150 pesos PHO to GDL.   And a flt YA 974 for 1844 pesos.   In both cases using Mexican CC.    Oct. 19 flight.

Thumbs up Looks like you & me will have a chance at a few rounds of golf this winter after all !! Thumbs up 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:34 pm

hockables wrote:
Jim W wrote:

Thumbs up Looks like you & me will have a chance at a few rounds of golf this winter after all !!  Thumbs up 

PERFECT Surte 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:59 am

you can fly LX to GDL roundtrip cheaper on us airways then flying PHX to GDL roundtrip...WHY??? it's not a non stop/plane change
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:38 am

Below is a cut and paste of a posting I made on TOB about the new service on July 17 and what I found out comparing different dates with US Airways.  I have subsequently seen the GDL-PHX prices range from $205-240 on the same flight the same day just checked on different days, so the pricing is a fluid thing with demand and what's going on in their computers.  My "special price" I bought for $236 on July 18 for travel on their inauguration day Oct. 19 was actually $205 for just one day two days later!  Nonetheless it's great to have reasonably priced flights available again as we go back twice a year.  Another caveat:  you are unable to select your seats online on this new route and if you try to do so, it will mess up your reservation attempt without telling you what the problem is.  Mainecoons figured it out by trial and error.  I spoke with a customer rep who told me that for the first two months on a new route, they don't allow online seat selection, the reason was nebulous, but after that it will be available as it is for all other flights with them.

Volaris has posted the rates for their new route to Phoenix which has made US Airways buckle down and reduce their outrageously priced segments to and from there...at least on the days Volaris flies.  We have frequently flown Interjet to Tijuana or Orange Co. and then Southwest to PHX to save nearly $400 total over the direct flight price of as high as $385 each way that US Airways used to charge.  I once flew to San Francisco to return to Guad from PHX and it was cheaper than the direct flight plus nice to see family and save.

The service starts Oct. 19 and will operate Mon-Weds-Sat.  There is a special on their website right now www.volaris.mx/en/ for travel between Oct. 19 and Mar. 31 for a round trip of $236 but it has to be purchased by July 18.  Checking for the regular price after April 1, 2014, I found that the fare will be even lower at $214 and the days will change to Mon-Weds-Sun.  I don't know if the initial five months' prices will rise after July 18 or not, will have to check on the 19th.  If you have planned travel during this initial time, it would be good to book right away as the competition is still way higher at least in the first 6 weeks of service.

Checking US Airways' website shows that they've altered some prices to match Volaris already.  They've dropped the really high RT prices they had in June ($780) to Aug. $644-675, Sept-Oct. $560-590, Nov. 344-617, and finally from Dec. onwards to $245 on days Volaris flies but they're keeping it at $444-617 on the other days.  Tough for business people who have to travel on fixed days, but certainly OK for retired folks who can plan ahead.  I've enjoyed travel on Interjet and look forward to similar service with Volaris on this new route as well as having the choice of finally using US Airways again at a reasonable price.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down