INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milenesa American Style

+3
Solovino
hound dog
Peter
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Milenesa American Style - Page 2 Empty Re: Milenesa American Style

Post by gringal Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:41 pm

I never knew Toscana when it was "Willys" My first experience of the place was about a year ago after a French chef, Jean Francois, took over and, IMO, created some good dishes. Judging what is today by what was yesterday is just a bit unfair to the present owners, si?
Those who enjoy cooking at home, should. When I'm on vacation, I'd rather enjoy dining out. But..........whatever makes you happy. cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:54 pm

gringal wrote:I never knew Toscana when it was "Willys" My first experience of the place was about a year ago after a French chef, Jean Francois, took over and, IMO, created some good dishes. Judging what is today by what was yesterday is just a bit unfair to the present owners, si?
Those who enjoy cooking at home, should. When I'm on vacation, I'd rather enjoy dining out. But..........whatever makes you happy. cheers

Did you say something about snark in a previous post? From your prior post I kind of gathered the food wasn't quite what you had expected and had previously experienced and praised highly, IIRC, more than just a year ago on another board. Maybe my memory is not what it used to be. Or maybe yours.

And it wouldn't be fair to compare the old Toscana with the new. But I would like to see some clarification on this point seeing that the original owner of Willy's/Toscana is a French chef by the name of Jean Francois. Did he turn it over to another by the same name? I am sorry but the skeptic in me makes me think that would be quite a coincidence.

We don't go to Barra on vacation. It is our second home, soon to become our first. We go to visit family. This means time spent in our home, enjoying the company of our guests. When we vacation it is hotel stays and dining out, which we also enjoy very much.

Regards

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 pm

I know nothing about the history of Toscana, its ownership, etc. I just eat there, and have had enjoyable experiences in the past.
Depends on what you order ; what the seasonal specialties may be, etc.
This time around, my expectations were not met, nor were those of my dinner companions. Jean Francois wasn't there. That's life in the restaurant world. Good things come and also go. It is not easy to find good restaurants without very high prices in that area. Specifically, under 300 pesos per entree.

You know and I know when a poster is making snarky remarks; aka sarcastic, belittling, etc. included. Seeking and finding conflicting posts from ancient history goes with the game. Basically, it's an attempt at one-upmanship; and it's really not that much fun, is it? Or is it? It's a popular sport on internet forums. Several people in this unmoderated sandbox excel at it. Whether it makes them happier or not is a moot question.

If you have a home at Barra.......you no doubt know far more about good places to eat than I do. I will make a second request: Please share the names and specialties. Since I don't live at the beach but only drive there several times a year, I would really appreciate that information.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2