INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW!

+9
hwilliams
espíritu del lago
Rosa Venus
slainte39
zenwoodle
Lady Otter Latté
hockables
sundown
kipissippi
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WOW! Empty WOW!

Post by kipissippi Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:34 pm

The silence is deafening!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

WOW! Empty Re: WOW!

Post by sundown Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Don't miss the insults & name calling

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Yeah......but I'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop...........
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:38 pm

sundown wrote:Don't miss the insults & name calling
good thing we can count on your braying & whining......Rolling Eyes 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Kip, it likely won´t be the other shoe but an entirely new shoe. Rest assured, it will be dropped at some point. It always is. Some members of this board, like nature, abhor a vacuum.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Kip, it likely won´t be the other shoe but an entirely new shoe.  Rest assured, it will be dropped at some point. It always is. Some members of this board, like nature, abhor a vacuum.
Are you referring to the OP Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:41 pm

I do not consider the OP one of them. She would have been content with ANY activity on the board. I was referring to those who are not happy unless they are rolling around in the mud and then complaining about how muddy everything is!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Not having had much time to follow the boards the last few weeks, I'll make a weak observation.
It seems a lot of the argumentive, inane, and "las doñas que lo saben todo" posters, have moved over to Mexconnect, where they perform in a somewhat more subdued manner.
Nevertheless, Bennie/Bronco vs. Gringal are continuing on with their age old never-ending Hatfield/McCoy feud.
...A good place for the lot.  Beer 
More work for Tony Burton...less for Mainecoons.   Very Happy ....and  Sleep for CBob.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Mexconnect´s loss is our gain. Beer 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Mexconnect´s loss is our gain.   Beer 

Beer Beer Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:43 pm

I like this time of year.

The quiet is lovely.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:50 am

So I guess you will have to spend more time with your "critters", Kippy....no entertainment here.    lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Hockables broke the tranquility with:

good thing we can count on your braying & whining

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:52 pm

sundown wrote:Hockables broke the tranquility with:

good thing we can count on your braying & whining
Beer  I couldn't help myself... I've always been a sucker for a good Troll .. Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Texas redneck troll checking in... Beer
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:25 pm

I was just surprised when it got so quiet. I use the net to cool down. I work outside with the critters...get overheated.. then come in to the AC and see what's happening on the net till I cool down. Last night was sooo quiet... I check it every few hours just out of habit. SOMETIMES...there's even something of interest going on. Pedro and all that....not really that interesting
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:40 am

Looking for info on how Mexicans kill coyotes.. I've lost 3 goats. I usually shoot them . Anybody heard how Mexicans take care of coyote problem? These are running in packs not loners. Got 4 on a cam. Another rancher a few miles away found a good sized deer gutted had 3 WOW! 851398 on cam....
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hwilliams Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:45 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Looking for info on how Mexicans kill coyotes.. I've lost 3 goats. I usually shoot them . Anybody heard how Mexicans take care of coyote problem? These are running in packs not loners. Got 4 on a cam. Another rancher a few miles away found a good sized deer gutted had 3 WOW! 851398 on cam....
Get a burro.

hwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:00 am

Llamas have been used for years to protect herds of sheep and goats in Oregon. Apparently they just kick the s&%t out of them.
Burros would probably be easier to find!
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Looking for info on how Mexicans kill coyotes.. I've lost 3 goats. I usually shoot them . Anybody heard how Mexicans take care of coyote problem? These are running in packs not loners. Got 4 on a cam. Another rancher a few miles away found a good sized deer gutted had 3 WOW! 851398 on cam....
Lived here four years and haven't seen (or heard) a coyote yet...maybe the Spanish killed them all during the Conquest.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:28 am

lunateak wrote:Llamas have been used for years to protect herds of sheep and goats in  Oregon.  Apparently they just kick the s&%t out of them.
Burros would probably be easier to find!
I had a large llama to protect my lambs and goats on my farm in Vancouver. They are quite effective in open fields however they wouldn't go into the forest so the coyotes would lay in the forest line and wait for the unsuspecting victims to graze on by......jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Smartalex wrote:
Lived here four years and haven't seen (or heard) a coyote yet...maybe the Spanish killed them all during the Conquest.
Oh, they're still around...mostly up on the border helping folks make the transition.  Very Happy...and killing goats.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:47 pm

There are LOTS of coyotes in the midsouth.  I can hear them most nights singing in the bottom lands.  As far as I know they haven't killed any livestock...but then again we're also teaming with deer, and rabbits... and it's cattle not sheep country.

Both Llamas and donkeys are great livestock protectors.. but what I see most in this area for sale for livestock protection are Great Pyrenees.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:00 pm

I had problems with coyotes and other predators on the farm in Saskatchewan until I got my Kuvasz, Misty. Kuvaszok are great all-purpose guards and companions for home and yard. The only thing Misty couldn't control were the foxes - they were just too fast and they could get through gaps in the fence that were too big for her. But I never lost another animal to a coyote. Whenever I brought in a new animal, I would show it to Misty and tell her don't touch, this one is mine. And she wouldn't touch it. But woe betide the foolish creature that came into the yard without being properly introduced. And nobody even dared to think about raising a hand to me or my kids.

For a breed that specializes in guarding flocks of goat or sheep, you can not beat the Great Pyrenees. A Great Pyrenees who has been properly socialized as a pup with goats or sheep will identify with the flock and will live with it and protect it full-time. One time I went to buy a breeding buck from a fellow who kept Great Pyrenees to guard his goats. He had a young fawn that he was bottle-feeding with goat's milk. I asked him where he had got the fawn, and he told me that a few days earlier, there had been a lot of barking outside his yard and his Great Pyrenees wanted to go out of the gate. So he let the dog out and followed behind. Two German Shepherds had trapped this fawn up against the fence. Now the average dog would join in the fun and possibly rip the fawn apart, but his Great Pyrenees went straight for the Shepherds and ran them off. Then he stood guard over the fawn until his master picked it up. The conservation officers came to confiscate the fawn while I was there (you can't keep a fawn without a licence) and they didn't really believe the guy's story about how he had acquired the fawn. They were not aware that a dog could act like that towards a fawn, as a protector and not as a hunter.

The only drawback that I can see to having one of these breeds here is that they cope with extreme cold better than with heat.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:10 pm

I am familiar with the great pyrenees as I see them frequently used here. I really feel bad as you say as personally I think the heat here is too much for them. Coyotes used to not be a problem until the new road expansions started. They have lost their habitat and are quite satisfied with the menu around here. I am going to the auction this week and see about a couple of donkeys.

Tonite my neighbors we are locked and loaded. I appreciate everyone's thoughts on the subject matter.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: