INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WILDFLOWERS

4 posters

Go down

WILDFLOWERS Empty WILDFLOWERS

Post by lucky Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Perhaps because of the rains we got in September and/or the little bit we've had in October, there are lots of wildflowers in bloom in the valley behind (north of) the mountains in Joco. Just went this morning and it's a lovely drive up thru Potrerillos to Las Trojes, but even better if you get off onto some of the dirt roads off the main road.

To get there, go thru Joco (via bypass or thru town) and go north toward El Molino. At the first set of topes after Joco is the turnoff for Potrerillos and Las Trojes on your right. It's only a couple of miles from Joco. It's much closer than Tapalpa and the wildflowers and other foliage are pretty much comparable,, albeit without the altitude.

Don't wait too long to go, as it's hard to tell how much longer the flowers will last (although we did have some rain early this morning in Joco).

And if you can figure out how to get to the panteon in Potrerillos (way off the beaten path), don't miss that! It's kind of amazing, even before Day of the Dead.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

WILDFLOWERS Empty Re: WILDFLOWERS

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Photos?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Camera is dying, Cheena, however i did take some photos. now i have to get it up and running again to upload them. i'll do what i can!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Khof Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm

I might add the Pelicans are sailing in the air and on the lake here in Joco.
Welcome back to the original Snow Birds.

Khof

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:13 pm

The first photo got out of order (it goes with the panteon photos), but hopefully starting with the second photo, you can see what it looks like on the Joco bypass, as well as on the other side of our "mountains" here.  https://picasaweb.google.com/110297691253592674924/PotrerillosFlowers20October2013#

If the link does not work for you, let me know.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Here is a live link for the slideshow:
https://picasaweb.google.com/110297691253592674924/PotrerillosFlowers20October2013#slideshow/5936971895856800098

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Thanks, Neil! My 'reply' did show a live link, but now I see that it wasn't really!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Lucky:

For future reference, when you post a link and want to know if it is a live link or not - press the "preview" button at the bottom of your post. If it is live it will show in blue. Once satisfied, hit "send"

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:26 pm

lucky wrote:Perhaps because of the rains we got in September and/or the little bit we've had in October, there are lots of wildflowers in bloom in the valley behind (north of) the mountains in Joco.  Just went this morning and it's a lovely drive up thru Potrerillos to Las Trojes, but even better if you get off onto some of the dirt roads off the main road.  

To get there, go thru Joco (via bypass or thru town) and go north toward El Molino.  At the first set of topes after Joco is the turnoff for Potrerillos and Las Trojes on your right.  It's only a couple of miles from Joco.  It's much closer than Tapalpa and the wildflowers and other foliage are pretty much comparable,, albeit without the altitude.  

Don't wait too long to go, as it's hard to tell how much longer the flowers will last (although we did have some rain early this morning in Joco).  

And if you can figure out how to get to the panteon in Potrerillos (way off the beaten path), don't miss that!  It's kind of amazing, even before Day of the Dead.  

Nice,thanks!
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: