INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

13 Things Many Don't Know about Mexican Coca-Cola

+8
Smartalex
gvprod
Mad_Max
espíritu del lago
sparks
Playaboy
Lady Otter Latté
CheenaGringo
12 posters

Go down

13 Things Many Don't Know about Mexican Coca-Cola Empty 13 Things Many Don't Know about Mexican Coca-Cola

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 am

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/mexican-coke-facts-pure-cane-sugar-coke?utm_content=sixpack&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=San%20Diego&utm_campaign=10.22.13%20SD%3A%20The%20world%27s%20largest%20foods%2C%20including%20an%208-foot%20pizza%20and%20a%205-ton%20lasagna

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

13 Things Many Don't Know about Mexican Coca-Cola Empty Re: 13 Things Many Don't Know about Mexican Coca-Cola

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Thank you, Cheena. Much more interesting than toilet paper, proving once again that Insiders have more class than TOB.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

13 Things Many Don't Know about Mexican Coca-Cola Empty Re: 13 Things Many Don't Know about Mexican Coca-Cola

Post by Playaboy Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:36 pm

I loved number 5.  Muchos gracias.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:42 pm

Evidently Mexican Coke is all the rage in New York with folks claiming it's only sweetened with cane sugar. I seriously doubt it

To supplement domestic production, Mexico is expected to import 970,000 tons of sugar in 2009/10 — mainly from the U.S. — compared with 160,000 tons in 2008/09, reflecting lower carry in stocks and aggressive export marketing to the U.S. market. For 2009/10, exports are expected to total 490,000 tons, mainly to the U.S.

High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is an increasing part of total Mexican sweetener use. Mexico imports HFCS directly from the U.S., as well as producing it domestically (largely from imported yellow corn). Since trade has been fully liberalized under NAFTA, corn can be imported at any time.

http://www.sugarpub.com/5/post/2010/05/sugar-in-mexico-an-industry-overview-by-peter-buzzanell.html
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Want to know why Pepsi and Coke are Brown?
Artificial caramel coloring used to make Coke, Pepsi, and other colas brown. The reason: Two contaminants in the coloring, 2-methylimidazole and 4-methylimidazole, have been found to cause cancer in animals, a threat the group says is unnecessary, considering that the coloring is purely cosmetic. According to California’s strict Proposition 65 list of chemicals known to cause cancer, just 16 micrograms per person per day of 4-methylimidazole is enough to pose a cancer threat, and most popular brown colas, both diet and regular, contain 200 micrograms per 20-ounce bottle.

Other things you don't want to know:
Mountain Dew contains an ingredient called brominated vegetable oil, ( BVO), added to prevent the flavoring from separating from the drink, is an industrial chemical used as a flame retardant in plastics. Also found in other citrus-based soft drinks and sports drinks, the chemical has been known to cause memory loss and nerve disorders when consumed in large quantities. Researchers also suspect that, like brominated flame retardants used in furniture foam, the chemical builds up in body fat, possibly causing behavioral problems, infertility, and lesions on heart muscles over time.
http://fitmaniaforlife.com/weight-loss-boise/things-you-dont-know-about-soda/

On another bad side effect google peeing away your bones.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:25 pm

For more information on the above claims, see these:

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/bvo.asp

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/07/03/198040172/coke-changed-caramel-color-to-avoid-cancer-warning-pepsi-in-transition
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:26 pm

yuck!! Makes me wonder why we have an FDA in the US
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:35 pm

"yuck!! Makes me wonder why we have an FDA in the US"

It makes people feel better to think they are being watched over by a benevolent government so they are quiet while corporations continue to make lots of money over the sick and dying bodies of Americans. It also provides lots of job in another lumbering but useless Federal bureaucracy. Too bitter?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Many highway patrol departments use Coca-Cola in syrup form to remove blood from pavement, you can also remove rust from an object soaked in coca-cola
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:35 pm

gvprod wrote:Many highway patrol departments use Coca-Cola in syrup form to remove blood from pavement, you can also remove rust from an object soaked in coca-cola
If you actually believe this is true, perhaps I can interest you in buying a Global Cooling Survival Kit...cheap.

According to Snopes.com:

The next time you're stopped by a highway patrolman, try asking him if he's ever scrubbed blood stains off a highway with Coca-Cola (or anything else). If you're lucky, by the time he stops laughing he'll have forgotten about the citation he was going to give you.

And let me suggest you try white vinegar the next time you need to clean up some rust...it's a much more concentrated acid.

Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:46 pm

I, for one, am glad so many government employees and other so-called experts are taking the time to point out why I should have died many years ago from my bad habits!

On a more positive note, it is approaching 5 o'clock!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Smartalex wrote:
gvprod wrote:Many highway patrol departments use Coca-Cola in syrup form to remove blood from pavement, you can also remove rust from an object soaked in coca-cola
If you actually believe this is true, perhaps I can interest you in buying a Global Cooling Survival Kit...cheap.

According to Snopes.com:

The next time you're stopped by a highway patrolman, try asking him if he's ever scrubbed blood stains off a highway with Coca-Cola (or anything else). If you're lucky, by the time he stops laughing he'll have forgotten about the citation he was going to give you.

And let me suggest you try white vinegar the next time you need to clean up some rust...it's a much more concentrated acid.
Never knew a patrolman to do that NOB but I CAN tell you that the O.P.P. eCrime unit used to throw harddrives in a bucket of coke before discarding them to ensure that any data is unretrieveable. (No idea if this is still in practice.)
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Well if your wipers stop in a rain storm ..... Coke will put a glaze on your window you can see thru Shocked 
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Axixic wrote:
Smartalex wrote:

According to Snopes.com:

Never knew a patrolman to do that NOB but I CAN tell you that the O.P.P. eCrime unit used to throw harddrives in a bucket of coke before discarding them to ensure that any data is unretrieveable. (No idea if this is still in practice.)
I once ruined a computer keyboard by spilling a snifter of brandy on it...but I'm sure a bucket of Presidente is way out of budget for a governmental agency.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Coca Light (Diet Coke) also tastes better in MX
Coca Cola Classic is called "Coca Normal" in MX

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:56 pm

I heard that not all Mexican coke is cane sugar. Returnables yes cans no.  Have no idea if this
is true?   Is it?     You ever try to give up splenda, NutraSweet and High Fructose Corn Syrup?

It does make life hard especially since HFCS is trying to be sneaked into everything while legally marked sugar on the label. ADM so wants to sell HFCS legal as sugar in US. Scares the hell out of me as that stuff makes my digestion system go into failure mode. My Mom tastes splenda and
NutraSweet as bitter and spits it out instantly. Investigation shows my Mom is not alone.  HFCS seems to make me have digestion problems and
I have to natural yogurt to get it going again.  NutraSweet (Aspertame) is worth looking at if you have not already moved it out of your diet. The
evidence seems to support Splenda (Sucralose??) killing good bacteria in you gut.  I am actively thinking of giving up processed foods period especially if they can hide HFCS under the name sugar.

Zzzzz

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:07 pm

if it comes in a "can", "bottle", "jar", "box", "bag" it's processed and the good has been taken out, and the bad put in. eat fresh fruit, veggies, meat, and fish, which are plentiful in Ajijic, and you will be better off.
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:19 pm

gvprod wrote:if it comes in a "can", "bottle", "jar", "box", "bag"    it's processed and the good has been taken out, and the bad put in.  eat fresh fruit, veggies, meat, and fish, which are plentiful in Ajijic,  and you will be better off.
except cerveza and chapala has a mercado which ajijic doesn't. fer an assortment of real food
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:34 pm

The Chapala mercado is the best place to shop for real food that is fresh and affordable.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:24 pm

the one in jocotepec is almost as good with other shops around it
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:36 pm

But the Chapala Mercado is way closer to my house.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:The Chapala mercado is the best place to shop for real food that is fresh and affordable.
You are so right!
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down