INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

please support Ajijic at noon Friday at Six Corners

5 posters

Go down

please support Ajijic at noon Friday at Six Corners Empty please support Ajijic at noon Friday at Six Corners

Post by JayBear Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:52 pm

The Centro de Salud at 6 Corners in Ajijic is operated by DIF and is supposed to be open to all, for free medical treatment and services, under the direction of the Jalisco State Secretary of Health, but it hasn't worked for years. It is now only open three days a week from 8 - 3, not much good to workers. There is a nurse NAZI--you only get seen if you are her friend. And there are much more serious accusations about her which I think I should not mention here. The doctors sleep and are unavailable on the job. The facility is old and falling apart.
After months of letters, phone calls, petitions, and meetings with state officials by Delegado Hector, Ajijic is getting a meeting with the State Secretary of Health. The community wants four things from the state - good service, removal of the nurse, a new medical director, and facility upgrades. This meeting will give us the final answers. If you are interested in supporting our community to get better services, please come to 6 Corners at 12 noon on Friday January 10. Email me if you need directions.

Note that this has nothing to do with IMSS or Seguro Popular.

This affects our whole community, especially poor Mexicans who have little access to medical services. In October the regional director of DIF visited the Plaza and made public promises - nothing happened. Hey, he seemed like a nice honest guy, he was new in the job and he made promises he apparently could not fulfill.
What is wanted:
- A health center that is open regularly and when people can go
- A nurse who is compassionate and serves the community not herself
- Doctors who serve the community not themselves
- A remodeled or new facility like other villages are getting from DIF

Come support the effort Friday at 6 Corners at noon when the state secretary of health will be here to make the final decisions on us getting the above for our village. Delegado Hector says the support of expats is important, so I will be there, flaunting my blond hair and my concerned expression. Please join me!

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

please support Ajijic at noon Friday at Six Corners Empty Re: please support Ajijic at noon Friday at Six Corners

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:37 pm

I will try but tomorrow is the LCS volunteer fair for local non profits and not sure I can make it by than.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

please support Ajijic at noon Friday at Six Corners Empty Re: please support Ajijic at noon Friday at Six Corners

Post by gvprod Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:00 pm

On facebook, Hector indicated a new time 1:30pm
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Okay, we are confirmed for 1:30 Friday (tomorrow) at Six Corners in Ajijic. Delegado Hector would appreciate some support from the expat community. We will stand around and look optimistic and supportive. Hope the news is good! This matters a lot to the locals in Ajijic.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:25 am

Ahhh Sci/fi club meets at two so can't make it.

Sorry.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:15 am

meeting cancelled. see

TOB
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:30 pm

I don't think that DIF cares much about Ajijic, it's been impossible to get the director out to Ajijic.
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:13 am

The meeting was held with very short notice at 1 pm on Saturday. The director came with a big entourage - very friendly - walked up to me and introduced himself. Only a few expats there - as this apparently was really short notice - and word got out on the street as soon DIF was filled with locals - overflowing is more like it. The audience was very vocal - and not always in agreement. A few news reporters there - or at least they looked like ones- so hopefully a write up will be in one of the newspapers soon.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down