INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Dark Beer Available Anywhere?

+12
gringomojado
Sherman
Zedinmexico
hueco_negro
windrider17
JayBear
zenwoodle
Rosa Venus
David
Smartalex
CheenaGringo
hkrause
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Dark Beer Available Anywhere? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Dark Beer Available Anywhere?

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Their burgers or grilled chicken sands are pretty good as are there fries.   Check their specials, they 2 fer 1 on something most days.

Last edited by Jim W on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is Dark Beer Available Anywhere? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Dark Beer Available Anywhere?

Post by zenwoodle Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:06 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Is it legal to pour dark beer over ice?
It might be legal, but it is unacceptable. Beer Beer Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:10 pm

So is having enough ice available in the ice bucket to have a decent cocktail in the UK! But then again, what do I know?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 pm

David wrote:
hueco_negro wrote:Noche Buena, a bock beer brewed for the holiday season, but you still might find some left over.  Paz could still have some since they sell the non-Corona products, or might still be able to get it for you from their distributor.

Noche Buena is a Modelo product as is Corona.

David, you need to check your facts.  Its is brewed by the same company that brews Dos Equis, Indio, Bohemia and Tecate.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Like I said, Cuatemoc.  Any questions?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:40 pm

JayBear wrote:Ah yes but...if I drank Guinness here, I would not have any reason to go to England, and thus I would not travel and travel is...burp...broadening in so many ways!

The best "black stuff" is at the St James Gate location in Dublin. Strangely, the Guinness there is the same color as the water in the River Liffy, which is ever so close.    lol! 
Not making racial comments, although it might look that way, President Obama likes the black stuff and I hear there is more Guinness being brewed in Nigeria than in Ireland.
No comments please.

Speaking of travelling...an old saying in Ireland..."Guinness does not travel well"

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:55 am

Sherman wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Minerva Stout available at Walmart (sometimes) is the microbrew you are looking for. It taste more like a porter than most stouts. Give it a try not cheap 135P a sixpack. For
cheap Noche Buena is pretty good in Season. Out of all the other dark beers I like Negra
Modelo best. Many folks like Indio. Tastes weird to me.

Minerva Stout is my favorite, but is not always available lakeside.  You can get it in Guad at a couple of places, in addition to buying it at the Minerva businesses offices.

That is because I and others buy it all up as fast as they get it. They actually had a case of Minerva Pale ale a few weeks ago before I removed it to my
casa. Why can't they bring more down to Lakeside?? We all fight each other to buy it. Seems like it is selling well here and why do we only get the
Stout at Wally world? Minerva couldn't market themselves out of a paper bag. At least they should add the pale ale to the shelf. Don't care for other
Minerva beers other than stout and pale ale. Minerva Stout is as close as I am going to get as a sub for Deshutes Brewery Black Butter Porter from Western US. Miss the Seasonal Twilight from Deschutes also.

If you like Microbrews Pranzo (sp) in La Floresta carries four different beers from Minerva to eat with your meal 40/42 pesos per bottle.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:21 am

I was born and raised near newcastle (uk) and weaned on newcy broon (newcastle brown ale ) from an early age. This is a bottled beer, only a bottled beer for generations..but imagine my shock, horror, when on a trip to new zealand some twenty years ago i stumbled on a bar selling it on draught..no way, impossible, doesnt exist..tried it and wasnt bad considering it had travelled half way round the world. Never saw this again on my travels until five years ago when suddenly spanish bars started selling the draught version. Mexico next ??
I have seen the cans in soriana, in cuidad victoria, maybe some in the chapala branch?..whyaye man..

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:42 am

hickton wrote:I was born and raised near newcastle (uk) and weaned on newcy broon (newcastle brown ale ) from an early age. This is a bottled beer, only a bottled beer for generations..but imagine my shock, horror, when on a trip to new zealand some twenty years ago i stumbled on a bar selling it on draught..no way, impossible, doesnt exist..tried it and wasnt bad considering it had travelled half way round the world. Never saw this again on my travels until five years ago when suddenly spanish bars started selling the draught version. Mexico next ??
I have seen the cans in soriana, in cuidad victoria, maybe some in the chapala branch?..whyaye man..
i used to buy "the brown" in cans, in canada and found it quite tasty
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:31 am

slainte39 wrote:
The best "black stuff" is at the St James Gate location in Dublin. Strangely, the Guinness there is the same color as the water in the River Liffy, which is ever so close.
I would argue that. The best pint i ever had was in the Crown Bar in Belfast.
I coined the term "Liffey water" for guinness and there is a pub in Pickering Ontario which will serve you guinness it you use that term. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:12 am

zenwoodle wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
The best "black stuff" is at the St James Gate location in Dublin. Strangely, the Guinness there is the same color as the water in the River Liffy, which is ever so close.
I would argue that. The best pint i ever had was in the Crown Bar in Belfast.
I coined the term "Liffey water" for guinness and there is a pub in Pickering Ontario which will serve you guinness it you use that term. Beer

I expect you would, being from the "far north", but I will give you, that the "Crown" is one of the most unique pubs in Ireland.
"I coined the term Liffy water for guinness".....you must be older than dirt.     lol!  as Arthur started around 1760 with his 9,000 year lease.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:06 pm

Brown can be bought in US in Bottles.

I am more of a Porter guy than a Brown guy.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2