INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic, what will the new day bring?

+21
brigitte
Mainecoons
CHILLIN
Pedro
gvprod
gringal
rjf1943
SunshineyDay
Rosa Venus
espíritu del lago
CheenaGringo
texunsam
JayBear
Gamina
Pescador
Jeff Raybourne
barbicheesecake
Smartalex
RoyD
CanuckBob
oncesubtle
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ajijic, what will the new day bring? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ajijic, what will the new day bring?

Post by borderreiver Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:33 pm

You really need to come down for longer (4-6 wks.). You need to learn how to count in spanish or get an app. You need to learn to greet everyone with "buenos dias, buenos tardes, or buenos noches." This, in this culture, is called civility. Civility is a social skill. Mexicans want your greenbacks but they will generally be very polite about relieving you of them, as opposed to people in Houston. You need to come, relax, and realize that a lot of shit doesn't really matter. THEN, maybe go house hunting.

borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic, what will the new day bring? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ajijic, what will the new day bring?

Post by texunsam Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Well I see I have evoked a lot more than I intended. Just wanted to give my thoughts, didn't really know it would be taken so critically. Makes me even more reflective I haven't ever lived abroad but have lived in 23 states and some I liked immediately and others never. I never thought I would live in OK but have been here twenty plus years and even though it isn't heaven I have enjoyed it What bothers me is that everyone seems to think if I didn't fall head over heals with Lakeside to stay away. I was just reflecting on a visit to check out possibilities and I think everyone read too much into my comments. Thanks for the feedback

texunsam

Humor : Funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:52 pm

I did not see anyone suggesting you stay away--much less "everybody." Please reread the posts. Several people suggested you come down for a longer period of time. Others (me included) offered you an opinion that living here is not for everyone. It isn´t. I think the comments were more concerned with you looking carefully before you leap. I even said some people who have a difficult time adjusting end up loving it here. They just are not in the majority. Please consider that you may have read too much into our comments.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:04 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I agree with Ms. Thang. I came to Chapala for a one-week vacation and walked around with a smile on my face the whole time. I still say (6 years later) that I felt as though I had come home from day one. This area does not speak to everyone. The ones to whom it does usually know it right away.
I remember talking to a couple who had been living here a few weeks. She said the first time they drove onto Chapala, she looked around and thought, "What a shithole" but she was getting used to it. I knew they would not last--and they didn´t.  Now some people have a difficult adjustment and then fall in love with life here. But, usually you know right away.

Exactly how it was for me. My wife took a little longer. I spent a lot of time walking around the village and it grabbed me and hasn't let go yet.

Great post.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by texunsam Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:44 am

Gringal,

Interesting that you should take me to task for a reference to a third-world country, but in one of your other post regarding Dildo's you asked what our little third-world country village is coming to........Seems we speaka outa both sides of our moutha. You guys really do jump all over a newbie, but it's ok cause you "Live There"..Your comment about Texas was probably just as uninformed as was mine about Lakeside, but at least I told everyone it was my first impressions.....Not sure this board is anything but a bunch of people who just want to disagree with everyone and everything. Not my idea of real information, which btw I have had several "private messages" that completely differ with the 4-10 repeat comments on here.

texunsam

Humor : Funny

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:03 pm

You may want to try Chapala.com then. Could be more to your liking.

BTW......Gringal's little "third world" comment was likely "tongue in cheek" pointed in your direction......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:08 pm

texunsam wrote:Gringal,

Interesting that you should take me to task for a reference to a third-world country, but in one of your other post regarding Dildo's you asked what our little third-world country village is coming to........Seems we speaka outa both sides of our moutha. You guys really do jump all over a newbie, but it's ok cause you "Live There"..Your comment about Texas was probably just as uninformed as was mine about Lakeside, but at least I told everyone it was my first impressions.....Not sure this board is anything but a bunch of people who just want to disagree with everyone and everything. Not my idea of real information, which btw I have had several "private messages" that completely differ with the 4-10 repeat comments on here.

Lighten up, amigo.  I was just kidding in making a comment about "third world", since you'd called it that.  You gave your impression of our area, and I gave you my impression of Texas. Impressions are not the same as studies in depth, nor were they meant to be.......so let's not take it seriously.   This board is a bunch of people who are throwing spitballs, not rocks.  A lot of them even "swarm" and have lunch together.
Haven't heard of any swordplay at those events as yet.
 Surte

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:11 pm

knowing gringal- i would suggest to you that she was being facetious with her 3rd world comment. so lissen to bob and head over there. so far you haven't said much of anything but i am gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that only short visits as a tourist to mexico would bode you well but not a move.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Well I think he just needs to spend a longer period of time here in the Lake Chapala area to really make an informed decision.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3